What's new

Restaurant Review for Fantastic Japanese Restaurant near Sedona, AZ

Fantt

Envious of Nabeshin's Fro
29 Jun 2003
Saturday night, my wife and I took my brother to the Sasaki Japanese Restaurant in Oak Creek Village near Sedona, AZ. Sasaki is a very nice, very small Japanese restaurant. Their website is here . In the picture on that website, you can see pretty much all of the tables they have. We were fortunate enough to get one of the tables where you sit on cushions on the raised floor. That was fun.

My brother had never had Japanese food before, so I suggested the Pork Katsu, which he loved. He usually orders Sprite at restaurants, but at Sasaki, they only have Japanese soft drinks. Sasaki-san (sushi chef and order-taker) suggested Ramune, which my brother really liked - especially the plunger thing and glass marble. He said it tasted great too.

Lindsay had the sushi combination plate, and I had the sushi/sashimi combination plate. Wow! It was all fantastic! The tuna, especially was very fresh and very yummy. It was the first time I've had squid nigiri. I loved every bite of it, but Lindsay hated it. She said the texture was very yucky. Again, I thought it was great! My brother tried a piece of tuna roll sushi and had to spit it out, which was pretty funny. I thought it was all great.

I actually had my camera, but couldn't take any pictures because I had left the memory card at home. :( I'll make sure to remember it and take pictures next time. Lindsay and I are planning on have our anniversary dinner at Sasaki next June.

In all, our three entrees plus a bottle of Sapporo, a glass of Plum wine and Kelly's two bottles of Ramune plus orders of gyoza and shrimp tempura put the total bill at just over $100, which I didn't think was ridiculous for a great meal.

hmmmm.......this saturday I'll have the joy to eat sushi for the 1st time!!!!! yaay ^________^ !! That place looks quite remote, is everything so remote? ☝

post 900 !!!!!!!!!

Well, that place is near Sedona, AZ which is not really remote - more of an incredibly beautiful tourist town. Here in the Phoenix, AZ area there's LOTS of Japanese restaurants.

For first time sushi advice, I reccomend simple tuna or salmon rolls. If you're feeling adventurous and you already like Salmon and Tuna - go for the sashimi!

RockLee said:
hmmmm.......this saturday I'll have the joy to eat sushi for the 1st time!!!!! yaay ^________^ !!

post 900 !!!!!!!!!

What?? You haven't tasted sushi yet???!!!??? Look forward to it, it is great!! I love sushi, and I eat it at least a couple of times a month!! 👍

Back
Top Bottom