What's new

relationships forum

well whoever writes the disclaimer/read before posting should be sure to put in somthing about using the search function, since so many people seem to neglect it anyway.
ill even write the thing if need be...

sounds good. You want to write it? and then we can get this thing started. yay!

hey admins out of curiosity how long until we will have the forum up and running?

There's no hurry. I'm sure they have a lot they need to work out first. Also, let's not forget that Brooker is in Japan right now, and I'm not sure he's even online while over there. So we definitely have time.

I have set up a relationship forum as subsection of the Chit-chat forum. Maciamo will later instate the mods.

:)

thomas said:
I have set up a relationship forum as subsection of the Chit-chat forum. Maciamo will later instate the mods.

:)

Thanks! I saw the title earlier under the "Chit Chat" section, so I figured it was in the process of being ready. :)

jeisan said:
well whoever writes the disclaimer/read before posting should be sure to put in somthing about using the search function, since so many people seem to neglect it anyway.

I wholeheartedly agree with that. 👍

I'm glad we'll be corralling the relationship questions in their own section, though.

Satori said:
Thanks! I saw the title earlier under the "Chit Chat" section, so I figured it was in the process of being ready. :)
I've just opened the forum with the first post :haihai:
Satori, if you want a helping hand for that forum, I could help out.

I also think it would be good for the moderator(s) of the relationship forum to be familiar with intercultural relationships, in particular Western/Japanese, because that's what most of the relationship questions on this forum are about.

My before-last girlfriend (Hitomi) was Japanese.
However, since she was born here in Germany, the cultural difference wasn't that big.
When I got to know her, that was about the time when my interest in Japan started.

Lina Inverse said:
I've just opened the forum with the first post :haihai:
Satori, if you want a helping hand for that forum, I could help out.

Thank you!! And, yes, I would love your help!! 👍 😄

kirei_na_me said:
I also think it would be good for the moderator(s) of the relationship forum to be familiar with intercultural relationships, in particular Western/Japanese, because that's what most of the relationship questions on this forum are about.

Very good point! I agree with that. 👍

jeisan said:

You did a great job, Jeisan! Thanks!! 👍

kirei_na_me said:
I wholeheartedly agree with that. 👍

I'm glad we'll be corralling the relationship questions in their own section, though.
Most of these threads get started by people simply wanting a trusted arena to get their voice heard and perhaps some fellowship with like victims as opposed to seeking technically proficient advice. This isn't like market or consumer research or anything. Any type of advisory service is going to get the same core questions over and over, unfortunately or not depending on your perspective and whether you're the one that has to answer them. 😌

Satori said:
Thank you!! And, yes, I would love your help!! 👍 😄
Ok, then let's wait for Maciamo so he can set up things for me as well.

Satori said:
Very good point! I agree with that. 👍
As I said, I have some experience there (even though it's already some years ago now).

Satori said:
You did a great job, Jeisan! Thanks!! 👍
Yes, very well written indeed! :haihai:

I think it's a good idea that all of these kinds of issues have been put in the same place. Honestly, I don't know if I'm going to be dishing out advice all the time. It's nice to help people out with their problems, but I sometimes find giving relationship advice to be a little draining. But every now and then I see a post that I have a particular interest in or think I could be helpful with, so I try to give some of the advice I've acquired through my own trial and error.

Don't know if I'm quite ready for a "Dear Brooker" Section though. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom