What's new

New forum style

I wasn't on forum for a while, so this change surprised me a lot, and didn't liked it, but got used to it, what else to do 😊

but only thing that I am really missing is little arrow that shows me if I have posted something in thread or nor.... :eek: does anybody knows what I am talking about? :?
can you put it back? :unsure:😭:(

I'm not sure what you mean; if you go to the topic there should be an arrow which leads you to the first new post.

here it is 😊 I made copy from europe forums 😊

please take a look at attachment

it was very useful to me 😭

Attachments

• arrow.jpg
    arrow.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 104
but only thing that I am really missing is little arrow that shows me if I have posted something in thread or nor.... :eek: does anybody knows what I am talking about? :?
I miss that, too. It really helped jog my memory about what the thread was about for some reason.

Alma said:
but only thing that I am really missing is little arrow that shows me if I have posted something in thread or nor.... does anybody knows what I am talking about?
can you put it back?

Mikawa Ossan said:
I miss that, too. It really helped jog my memory about what the thread was about for some reason.

I also have the same dilemma. Nowhere does it show that I have made a post as it used to unless I put my pointer over the icon. It makes it hard to respond to a post that I answered and someone responded to if I have not been on in a while unless I remember that particular post well.

I hope that minor detail can be put back in. Thanks

I agree with the others. Please bring back the indicator arrow.

Updated, ladies and gentlemen! :)

thread_dot.gif

Thread posted in

thread_dot_hot.gif

Hot thread posted in

thread_dot_new.gif

New thread posted in

thread_dot_hot_new.gif

Hot new thread posted in

thread_dot_lock.gif

Thread posted in locked

thread_dot_hot_lock.gif

Hot thread posted in locked

thread_dot_lock_new.gif

New thread posted in locked

etc...

Thanks for you efforts Admin JP, but it still does not indicate that I have posted in a particular thread like this one for instance. It shows the red paper mark, indicating a 'hot thread', but I only know I posted in this thread if I hold my pointer over the red paper mark. Then it tells me that I have "'x' number of posts in this thread and the last post was "yesterday", or "May 6, 2007", for example. Do we have to activate this feature in our settings/options or something?

In the previous version there was an arrow indicator on every post one posted in even if it wasn't a 'hot thread' and you could easily find posts you made in threads that were responded to. That's all that's missing. Thanks again.

In the previous version there was an arrow indicator on every post one posted in even if it wasn't a 'hot thread' and you could easily find posts you made in threads that were responded to. That's all that's missing. Thanks again.

Thank you for your feedback, but here's what I see: a hot thread I have posted in. Instead of an arrow there's a human silhouette.

Attachments

• new_forum_style.gif
    new_forum_style.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 106
Thank you Admin JP, but I have no human silhouette on any post including this one. However, I do remember seeing a silhouette on a post or two previously, but not all my posts, then it disappeared. Therefore, I was wondering if it needed to be enabled by the options menu. Wait a minute, I have an idea. I'll be right back.....

.....Back. OK, just as I thought. I am presently using Mozilla Firefox web browser, and recently just started using it on the advice of other members (and it is good BTW! I like it over IE7&8), and do not see the silhouette. However, when I opened Internet Explorer and went to JRef I noticed that there are silhouettes in all my post both past and present. Therefore, I believe Mozilla Firefox Web browser does not show them. That is the problem and why I do not see the silhouettes when using Firefox and it may be the reason why other users are having the same problem. They are using Firefox or another browser that does not recognize that function. Glad we got that figured out. Can it be fixed?

Thanks again for your help and updates.

Thanks again, your feedback is much appreciated! I use Firefox (now the latest, 3.5 is out) and Opera, the new images do show up in those browsers. I reckon that your FF has cached the old set of images. Once you reboot or clear your cache you should be able to see the new graphics without fail.

Thank you Admin JP for your continued efforts on improving JREF. It now shows the posts I have posted in.

Back
Top Bottom