What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

relationships forum

jeisan

Kongming
Reaction score
well whoever writes the disclaimer/read before posting should be sure to put in somthing about using the search function, since so many people seem to neglect it anyway.
ill even write the thing if need be...

jieshi

Japaustralian
Reaction score
sounds good. You want to write it? and then we can get this thing started. yay!

jieshi

Japaustralian
Reaction score
hey admins out of curiosity how long until we will have the forum up and running?

Satori

先輩
Reaction score
There's no hurry. I'm sure they have a lot they need to work out first. Also, let's not forget that Brooker is in Japan right now, and I'm not sure he's even online while over there. So we definitely have time.

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
I have set up a relationship forum as subsection of the Chit-chat forum. Maciamo will later instate the mods.

:)

Satori

先輩
Reaction score
thomas said:
I have set up a relationship forum as subsection of the Chit-chat forum. Maciamo will later instate the mods.

:)

Thanks! I saw the title earlier under the "Chit Chat" section, so I figured it was in the process of being ready. :)

kirei_na_me

Where I'm Supposed to Be
Reaction score
jeisan said:
well whoever writes the disclaimer/read before posting should be sure to put in somthing about using the search function, since so many people seem to neglect it anyway.

I wholeheartedly agree with that. 👍

I'm glad we'll be corralling the relationship questions in their own section, though.

Lina Inverse

Sempai
Reaction score
Satori said:
Thanks! I saw the title earlier under the "Chit Chat" section, so I figured it was in the process of being ready. :)
I've just opened the forum with the first post :haihai:
Satori, if you want a helping hand for that forum, I could help out.

kirei_na_me

Where I'm Supposed to Be
Reaction score
I also think it would be good for the moderator(s) of the relationship forum to be familiar with intercultural relationships, in particular Western/Japanese, because that's what most of the relationship questions on this forum are about.

Lina Inverse

Sempai
Reaction score
My before-last girlfriend (Hitomi) was Japanese.
However, since she was born here in Germany, the cultural difference wasn't that big.
When I got to know her, that was about the time when my interest in Japan started.

jieshi

Japaustralian
Reaction score
Am I going to be a mod with satori and brooker?

Satori

先輩
Reaction score
Lina Inverse said:
I've just opened the forum with the first post :haihai:
Satori, if you want a helping hand for that forum, I could help out.

Thank you!! And, yes, I would love your help!! 👍 😄

kirei_na_me said:
I also think it would be good for the moderator(s) of the relationship forum to be familiar with intercultural relationships, in particular Western/Japanese, because that's what most of the relationship questions on this forum are about.

Very good point! I agree with that. 👍

jeisan said:

You did a great job, Jeisan! Thanks!! 👍

Elizabeth

先輩
Reaction score
kirei_na_me said:
I wholeheartedly agree with that. 👍

I'm glad we'll be corralling the relationship questions in their own section, though.
Most of these threads get started by people simply wanting a trusted arena to get their voice heard and perhaps some fellowship with like victims as opposed to seeking technically proficient advice. This isn't like market or consumer research or anything. Any type of advisory service is going to get the same core questions over and over, unfortunately or not depending on your perspective and whether you're the one that has to answer them. 😌

Lina Inverse

Sempai
Reaction score
Satori said:
Thank you!! And, yes, I would love your help!! 👍 😄
Ok, then let's wait for Maciamo so he can set up things for me as well.

Satori said:
Very good point! I agree with that. 👍
As I said, I have some experience there (even though it's already some years ago now).

Satori said:
You did a great job, Jeisan! Thanks!! 👍
Yes, very well written indeed! :haihai:

Brooker

Anjin
Contributor
Reaction score
I think it's a good idea that all of these kinds of issues have been put in the same place. Honestly, I don't know if I'm going to be dishing out advice all the time. It's nice to help people out with their problems, but I sometimes find giving relationship advice to be a little draining. But every now and then I see a post that I have a particular interest in or think I could be helpful with, so I try to give some of the advice I've acquired through my own trial and error.

Don't know if I'm quite ready for a "Dear Brooker" Section though. :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom