What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Purge against Trump supporters has started in Japan

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
How is her sacking Trump-related? Because of her critical Biden remarks? It seems she has been earmarked for dismissal for quite a while and finally got sacked by her agency/TBS for totally different reasons.

nahadef

Quietly exploding
Reaction score
Assuming it was Trump related, how is one person the start of a purge? It's not even a coincidence.

misternada

Kouhai
Reaction score
Did you watch the video ? She says she prefers Trump over Biden, and she get sacked the next day for "totally different reasons" ? Come on...
And today you had the despicable Pakkun praise Biden the whole morning on TBS, very strange.
Btw what she said is what most Japanese people think.

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
So it’s not her history of discrepancies with the channel but a conspiracy of anti-Trumpists?

Also, do you have any sources or data on what most Japanese think of the issue?

nahadef

Quietly exploding
Reaction score
I don't think it's most Japanese by any sane understanding of the word "most", but I am surprised at the support Trump has among fairly apolitical Japanese. They don't know him, or how he is, or anything about his policies, but he is translated as being tough on China, and that is pretty much the one issue Japanese get neurotic about.

If they only knew how full of talk he is... He is happy to rile up his racist crowds with anti-Chinese talk, but when it comes to dealing with Xi, he's a pussycat who wants what Xi has.

mdchachi

Reaction score
I don't think it's most Japanese by any sane understanding of the word "most", but I am surprised at the support Trump has among fairly apolitical Japanese. They don't know him, or how he is, or anything about his policies, but he is translated as being tough on China, and that is pretty much the one issue Japanese get neurotic about.

If they only knew how full of talk he is... He is happy to rile up his racist crowds with anti-Chinese talk, but when it comes to dealing with Xi, he's a pussycat who wants what Xi has.
impeach donald trump GIF by Bubble Punk

Top Bottom