What's new

Price of beer in Japan

Good lord, 8.50 USD is not right. I take it this website takes into account hostess bars and all the places that overcharge obscenely, not nomihoudai and happy hour. You can buy a liter of beer for about 5 bucks, and I typically paid about 4-5 bucks for domestic beer, and 6-7 for imports. Had to have my guiness. I didn't realize Lonely Planet gave that impression of Japan.

eek! it just looks like a lot lol i don't understand the signs and what not and how much it would be here in america... (i suck at math stuff) but gooodness!

I know that where I live the price of of "happoshu" drafts can be as cheap as 10 yeb per 350ml glass. I also know of izakaya that have Kirin Ichiban Shibori on tap at 1,000 yen for nomihoudai.......

I've been looking for a way to buy import beer for drinking at home with friends and it aint cheap - about 330 yen per bottle :(

That website is sus... Denmark has a higher price than Japan...

Most people I knew drank happushu instead of beer--- or rather, beer made w/out wheat... or simply 'fake beer', as my gf called it...

Beer is still stupid expensive in Japan, the price you pay for Kirin, Asahi etc etc, is more expensive than you pay for it outside of Japan.

We only had Lawsons, no Famima (now in the USA!), so I don't know--- the problem was that you could only get canned beer in singles, so you could easily spend about 1200+ yen on 6pack of canned Kirin... compared to about $5.99 (712 yen) or so for the same bottled beer in the US.

Sometimes it seems as if Japan isn't even Mexico when it comes to this kind of quality of life...

beer is a neccesary requirement in life...
im surprised that it's so expensive to be honest as beer seems more popular there than here lol
but i guess it all depends where ur living and what beer etc...
i mean a pint in england can be £2.00/$4.00 or £4.00/$8.00 lol it all depends where u are ^_^

I visited Kyoto during Sept./Oct. 2005 and at most bars or pubs a pint of
imported British beer/stout was 800 yen. At that time in Amedoru that would have been about $6.50.
I do not have a problem with that price as in my hometown in Northeast U.S.
a pint of the same will run about $4.50 - $5.00. And, after all, Kyoto is only about 9,000 miles farther from Great Britain than Baltimore, Maryland.
Also found some really great Belgium beers in Kyoto that I have never seen around my neck of the woods.
If you have never tried Belgium beer you are really missing something.

Looking to go back to Japan and consume some more of their great selection
of beers there at what I consider to be reasonable prices.
Kampai!

Thanks for reminding me of one of the reasons I prefer scotch instead of beer.

Ewok85 said:
That website is sus... Denmark has a higher price than Japan...

Actually the prices for beer in Denmark is quite low. It depends on which kind of beer you buy, off course the price for some fancy import beer is high, but not that high in my opinion.

for instance the most popular standard beer in Denmark is just under 1 USDollar for a can 33cl. And a very common thing is that you get it cheaper if you buy a whole six pack.

At most bars in Denmark however Beer IS expensive compared to the prices that you pay for the same brand in the store.

I actually meant the listed price on the website was higher...
Anywho... hugs his 200en imported beer

Back
Top Bottom