What's new

Post your fave japanese car and your dream cars!!!

Yea they are kick a55 cars thats for sure. And Toyota donts break! 400bhp on a jap turbo isnt at all far fetched with a few minor mods.

Summer: S2000 for autocross events
Fall: 350Z since it's gonna get chilly
Winter: WRX STi or EVO VIII for the snow
Spring: RX-8 with SSR Engineering turbo kit

I would say R33 or 34, but I happen to really like my 240. If I had the money I'd do an rb26 swap but I'm going to have to stick with the rb25...hmm who knows when that will be.

for me i would say the new RX- or a Lan Evo 8. Also the Alfa Romeo GT looks pretty sweet. Just give me any :(

i really like supra's!! there are some nice ones around where i live.. you see them at night driving around. And my old supervisor recently brought one.
I've always really like the skylines aswell!!! they are purdy!!

I have a mark 1 mr2.. i bought at the weekend. Its really funky! completely standard.. aint as fast as a supra but should be a fun car none the less.

It already makes me grin everytime i get in it. 🎈

Porl''

i think that the fairlady's(nissan 350 z) are pretty sweet. only about $35,000 being fully loaded here in the us. i wouldn't mind cruising around in one of these.

for all you guys out there that drive stick did you ever try to drive in japan? i learned stick on my '92 toyota tercel. suprised it didn't fall apart yet. just wondering how different it would be to drive stick when you have to shift with the other hand.

Hehe, you auto guys :D

'Stick' with the left hand is normal over here. More control and driver feedback :p

For sheer speed the R32 GTR Skyline will do me fine. Can get them here (Australia) now for under $30K. But I do prefer the styling of the R34 over any of the skylines.

And OK! I am biased here but the Supra is my ultimate car, that's why I've got one :D And whoever said that a Supra can't handle has never been in a properly set up example :p

I love the R32, they are going fairly cheap now in the UK.

The R34 is just to bulky for my liking.

HONDA S2000 !!! w00t...this car is enough for me :)

Or a MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE..this is also one PHAT *** car !!! 😍

Mandylion said:
You asked! :)

Apologies to all concerned, Japanese cars never really do it for me. Some fine machines, yes, but, I mean, LOOK at this thing!

attachment.php

Yeah! The Aston-Martin V12 Vanquish, James Bond's ride from "Die Another Day"! I agree with you two hundred percent, Mandylion! What a sweet looking machine!

👍

x2468 said:
Subaru WRX STi in electric blue with *drum role*........................ the 6 CD FM/AM radio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You just described my new car--except that it is silver. Wanted blue, not on the lot. Took a deal (as opposed to a "good deal") that I could accept.

The STi is a rocket! Mucho ponies, gobs of torque, but it is not as nimble as one would expect from an AWD vehicle. It also needs a place to put the CD's since the arm-rest console is just big enough to hold a cell phone and the glove box is already crowded with the owner's manual, registration, insurance papers, etc.

It is as close to a sexual experience as one can get from an automobile. Fuel milage is poor, to be mild, but it improves once you grow up and learn how to lift your starboard-side shoe. I'll let you know when I mature a bit and learn how. *chuckle*

As I stated in another thread, the STi suffers from severe understeer when one is in a high-pressure corner (such as a descending-radius turn) and applying too much horsepower. I'm certain that it's a quirk to which one can adjust.

Breaking the Ton

Shooter452 said:
You just described my new car--except that it is silver. Wanted blue, not on the lot. Took a deal (as opposed to a "good deal") that I could accept.

The STi is a rocket! Mucho ponies, gobs of torque, but it is not as nimble as one would expect from an AWD vehicle. It also needs a place to put the CD's since the arm-rest console is just big enough to hold a cell phone and the glove box is already crowded with the owner's manual, registration, insurance papers, etc.

It is as close to a sexual experience as one can get from an automobile. Fuel milage is poor, to be mild, but it improves once you grow up and learn how to lift your starboard-side shoe. I'll let you know when I mature a bit and learn how. *chuckle*

As I stated in another thread, the STi suffers from severe understeer when one is in a high-pressure corner (such as a descending-radius turn) and applying too much horsepower. I'm certain that it's a quirk to which one can adjust.

And today was a red-letter day! My STi lost her virginity, going 142mph (on the dash) along I-40! I was chasing a hot Boxter between Raleigh and Newton Grove.

Caught, passed, and blew his doors off!

I feel like a kid again!!!!

Cogito ergo ZOOM! I think, therefore I go fast!

Last edited:
CryogeniC said:
Haha.. heard in Australia its about $100+k Australian dollars too...
Over here its S$256k new, which is about US$150k man...

Tink its juz a badass, expensive car anywhere :p

i dont know when you got that quote from but most of em are about 70g to 100g now, then 33gtr are like 30g to 60 and 32s are almost cheap ***.

I like the AE86 for its light frame, and its so adaptable, (yes id love to have a Trueno Gt-Apex of course), i also like Integra Type-Rs, anything thats really good at drift and complex circuit heheheheh 👍

Though i've replied to this thread before, I also want to say Skyline GT-R34 V-Spec II.

Its not because of those stupid wannabe racing movies (cough 2 fast 2 stupid), but I just really like the look.. it reminds me of a bullet, the front looks nice, but the rear end top view looks kinda unmatch, i just love the "box" looking design.

Aren't they $90,000 U.S. with shipping/fee's? of course used through Motorex...

I found a site where they have very good condition Skylines, for "cheap" which would be about $35-55,000 USD. It's the shipping charges that own ya... not to mention conversions

TyPe-ZeRo said:
Though i've replied to this thread before, I also want to say Skyline GT-R34 V-Spec II.

Its not because of those stupid wannabe racing movies (cough 2 fast 2 stupid), but I just really like the look.. it reminds me of a bullet, the front looks nice, but the rear end top view looks kinda unmatch, i just love the "box" looking design.

Aren't they $90,000 U.S. with shipping/fee's? of course used through Motorex...

I found a site where they have very good condition Skylines, for "cheap" which would be about $35-55,000 USD. It's the shipping charges that own ya... not to mention conversions

MotoRex I last heard nolonger import skylines, there are a few companies popping up that do it now and i think for less than what MotoRex was charging. I own my favorite japanese car. 240sx/180sx

Dream car i dunno maybe a verossa/r34gts/s15 silvia reall sleak and smooth designs except for the r34 it just look sreally aggressive.

Damicci, you're very correct, seconds after posting my post and going to motorex, all their importing features are like gone. So I guess it must be through some other medium such as RBMotoring.

And I agree with the R34's design... It looks very angry, and i'm just LOVING the front squareness :D

Back
Top Bottom