What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Post Japanese-related YouTube links here

Buntaro

運動不足
Reaction score
Here is a video of Tachibana High School Marching Band performing at Disneyland. Their theme song is Sing, Sing, Sing, which they perform from 3:04.

Buntaro

運動不足
Reaction score
Do you like J-Pop? Here is a video of a J-Pop making a surprise visit to a Japanese high school. (I don't follow J-Pop, so I don't know who this group is.) Watch the students' surprise as the all-female J-Pop suddenly appear on stage from 2:29. It's impressive to see how enthusiastically the J-Pop group is received by the students. (Does anyone know the name of this J-Pop group? AKB48?)

Reaction score
Do you like J-Pop? Here is a video of a J-Pop making a surprise visit to a Japanese high school. (I don't follow J-Pop, so I don't know who this group is.) Watch the students' surprise as the all-female J-Pop suddenly appear on stage from 2:29. It's impressive to see how enthusiastically the J-Pop group is received by the students. (Does anyone know the name of this J-Pop group? AKB48?)

Oh my goodness it's AKB48 😱😱😱😱😱😱 no wonder the students freaked out, WTH in a school

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
One of the "best-kept secrets" of Tokyo is that there is a huge, underground shopping mall below Tokyo Station.

@tokyopaul360 posted one about Tokyo Station here:

Buntaro

運動不足
Reaction score
Precision 'marching' in suits and ties. The part from 1:49 to 2:15 is just amazing (and not for the faint of heart).

Buntaro

運動不足
Reaction score
Shonan monorail. This is a good way to squeeze in another railroad into an area with no more space — put it above existing roads and sidewalks. (I don't think I have ever seen a monorail that hangs down from the track.)

Buntaro

運動不足
Reaction score
Tokyo Tower is one of the best-known landmarks in Tokyo. It was built in 1958 as a TV and radio tower. It has two observation decks that give a great view of Tokyo. There is an observation deck at 492 feet (150 meters) and a second observation deck at 820 feet (250 meters) and both decks can be seen at 0:38. I highly recommend going up to the observation decks when you visit Tokyo.

Buntaro

運動不足
Reaction score
Zojoji temple in Tokyo is near Tokyo Tower and is a large Buddhist temple, right in the heart of Tokyo. (It is amazing to see such an exquisite building and temple grounds in the middle of a high-density city like Tokyo.) Take a look at

7:50 torii over the street entrance

10:36 main gate

2:59 good view of Tokyo Tower in the background

Buntaro

運動不足
Reaction score
I have posted this video before but I am posting it again because it uses Tokyo Tower and Zojoji Temple for the background views. Take a look from 1:59 at the views from the Zojoji Temple grounds, showing Tokyo Tower in the background. There is also a good view of the Zojoji Temple main building with Tokyo Tower in the background from 4:17.

Another reason to re-post this video is because this is probably the most popular video on Japan on YouTube, with more than 110 million views.

Top Bottom