What's new

Please help me translate this so I can reply to my friend.

GoldCoinLover

後輩
24 May 2004
To hiroyuki-san

I need this translated into english (So i can understand it) and would appreciate it if someone could put the english and japanese next to each other, so I can study it. I only know a few words, not enough to translate this. My friend Hiroyuki is on these forums, but he relys on an english converter to speak write english and it is poor. So when we communicate in japanese its easier for him. Thank you

こんにちは ケビンさん

返事が遅れてすみませんでした。
九州も梅雨入りして、九州南部や沖縄では大雨が降って います。
ですが、私の住んでいる北部九州では雨が降っていませ ん。
今年は、空梅雨の予感です。
水不足が心配されます。

今日は、天気予報では「晴れ」になっていますいが
窓の外を見ると「どんより曇っています。」
湿度が高く、じめじめしています。
これからバイクで出かけるつもりなのですが
カッパを用意する必要がありそうです。

昨日、「Initial D」の7巻が発売になったので
「博多」までDVDを買いに行こうと思っています。
・・・あと「イリアの空、UFOの夏」4巻

地元で買ってもいいのですが、「博多」で買うと20%OFF
なので、わざわざ出かけます。
通販で買えばもっと安いのですが、
店でいろいろ他のソフトを見るのが楽しいので。
1時間かけて買いに行きます。

これから株価のチェックをして、空の様子を見ながら
出かけます。

ケビンさん、日本語の勉強がんばってください。

それでは、さようなら

天気予報 - ウェザーニュース

Considering what the 2nd to the last line says, we should proably leave this one to you.

Well, I'll give it a try, although I can't promise sense!

こんにちは ケビンさん
This bit's ok right? (笑)

返事が遅れてすみませんでした。
I'm sorry for replying late.

九州も梅雨入りして、九州南部や沖縄では大雨が降って います。
In Kyushu too the rainy season has started. In southern Kyushu and Okinawa it's raining heavily

ですが、私の住んでいる北部九州では雨が降っていませ ん。
but where I live in Northern Kyushu, it's not raining.

今年は、空梅雨の予感です。
This year, they are predicting a dry rainy season.

水不足が心配されます。
so water shortage is a worry.

今日は、天気予報では「晴れ」になっていますいが
Today, the weather report said it would be sunny,

窓の外を見ると「どんより曇っています。」
looking out if the window it's really overcast.

湿度が高く、じめじめしています。
the temperature is high and it's really sticky/humid.

これからバイクで出かけるつもりなのですが
after this, i'm going to go out on my bike.

カッパを用意する必要がありそうです。
it looks like i should be prepared and take a raincoat (in case it rains)

Yesterday, volume 7 of Initial D went on sale so

「博多」までDVDを買いに行こうと思っています。
・・・あと「イリアの空、UFOの夏」4巻
I'm going to Hakata (in Fukuoka City) to buy it. And volume 4 of 「イリアの空、UFOの夏」。

なので、わざわざ出かけます。
You can buy it locally, but in Hakata you can get 20% off, so it's worth taking the trouble to go that far.

通販で買えばもっと安いのですが、
if you buy it mail order it's even cheaper but

店でいろいろ他のソフトを見るのが楽しいので。
1時間かけて買いに行きます。
I enjoy going to the shop and looking at all the other things (games, dvds) on sale too. I'll probably take an hour to buy it.

これから株価のチェックをして、空の様子を見ながら
出かけます。
After writing this, I'll check the price (stocks?help!) I'll go out, keeping an eye on the weather.

ケビンさん、日本語の勉強がんばってください。
and I'm assuming this one's ok too!

それでは、さようなら
byebye.

Hope that helps! Give me a shout if there's anything you want more advice on, any questions, or if you want hiragana added in or anything - I'll try and help you out!

209 said:
Yesterday, volume 7 of Initial D went on sale so

「博多」までDVDを買いに行こうと思っています。
・・・あと「イリアの空、UFOの夏」4巻
I'm going to Hakata (in Fukuoka City) to buy it. And volume 4 of 「イリアの空、UFOの夏」。

なので、わざわざ出かけます。
You can buy it locally, but in Hakata you can get 20% off, so it's worth taking the trouble to go that far.

通販で買えばもっと安いのですが、
if you buy it mail order it's even cheaper but

店でいろいろ他のソフトを見るのが楽しいので。
1時間かけて買いに行きます。
I enjoy going to the shop and looking at all the other things (games, dvds) on sale too. I'll probably take an hour to buy it.

これから株価のチェックをして、空の様子を見ながら
出かけます。
After writing this, I'll check the price (stocks?help!) I'll go out, keeping an eye on the weather.

ケビンさん、日本語の勉強がんばってください。

それでは、さようなら
byebye.

Great thanks. It took me forever to understand what he was writing. I'm confused on what he says here: ケビンさん、日本語の勉強がんばってください。

NANGI Couldn't translate it. what is he looking to buy? I think anime. also please put this sentence in romaji so I can better understand it (or at least try)店でいろいろ他のソフトを見るのが楽しいので。
1時間かけて買いに行きます。

GoldCoinLover said:
Great thanks. It took me forever to understand what he was writing. I'm confused on what he says here: ケビンさん、日本語の勉強がんばってください。
Looks like 209 assumed a bit too much Japanese ability." ケビンさん、日本語の勉強がんばってください。 " means "Kevin, do your best with your Japanese study", and what 209 meant was that he(? -- I give up, trying to refer to anyone on the Internet with the correct pronoun is useless, but the number just takes the cake 😅 ) thought you could understand that sentence by yourself.

NANGI Couldn't translate it. what is he looking to buy? I think anime. also please put this sentence in romaji so I can better understand it (or at least try)店でいろいろ他のソフトを見るのが楽しいので。
1時間かけて買いに行きます。
"Mise de iroiro hoka no SOFUTO wo miru no ga tanoshii no de. Ichi jikan kakete kai ni ikimasu"

BTW, it sounds like he's going to buy a video game.

CorDarei said:
what 209 meant was that he(? -- I give up, trying to refer to anyone on the Internet with the correct pronoun is useless, but the number just takes the cake 😌 )

sorry :sorry: I'm a girl, if that helps..

CorDarei said:
what 209 meant was that he(? -- I give up, trying to refer to anyone on the Internet with the correct pronoun is useless, but the number just takes the cake 😅 )

sorry :sorry: I'm a girl, if that helps..

I don't understand kakete. But would this mean
店でいろいろ他のソフトを見るのが楽しいので。一時間かけて買いに行きます。
It is fun to look at the different types of software at the shop. I will go shopping for an hour.

一時間 かけて買いに行きます。

This "kakete" means the time you spend or need to get to the place.

It means I take one hour to the shop to buy.

In the previous sentence, he said " わざわざ出かけます。" (worth taking the trouble to go that far)

Back
Top Bottom