What's new

Osama Bin Laden: Dead

red flower, I'm curious as to your response/answer/solution to this issue, which has been brought up a few times, but which you have yet to address:

noyhauser said:
First, which state would take his body back? KSA stripped his citizenship, and most others state considered him a fugitive and would not want the notoriety of having his grave.

If no state wanted to accept his body, what would you propose be done with it?

red flower, I'm curious as to your response/answer/solution to this issue, which has been brought up a few times, but which you have yet to address:
If no state wanted to accept his body, what would you propose be done with it?
How did you know that no state accept his body ?

I don't. However, the point has been continuously ignored. No one has bothered saying "Yemen would have accepted it" and provided any sort of evidence for that, for example, and no one has said "well if no state would have accepted it he should have been buried in X place". So I'm wondering a) why the point has not been addressed, although it's been brought up 3 or 4 times, and b) assuming that no state would accept his body, what would a proper burial place be?

No,He is Yemeni from South Yemen (Hadramout).
But he is Saudi Citizen.

No, he WAS a Saudi Citizen. His citizenship was revoked in 1994 due to his anti-monarchist statements and participation in various attacks. In private none of the countries would have wanted the body of an individual who wanted to overthrow their government. Neither they nor the United States wanted a place that could become a shrine for a terrorist.

Instead the US government reasoned that burial at sea was the only reasonable option given the desire to bury him within 24 hours.

What about Yemen? Why wouldn't Yemen have accepted his body, if he was indeed from there?

What about Yemen? Why wouldn't Yemen have accepted his body, if he was indeed from there?
Has the US government asked Yemen to take his body ? we never knew till they announced that they killed him and burried him at sea !

Osama was born in Riyahd Saudi Arabia. His father was born in Yemen but it wasn't even Yemen back then but a part of the Ottoman Empire.

Has the US government asked Yemen to take his body ? we never knew till they announced that they killed him and burried him at sea !

They may have or they didn't. Given how most of these states are fighting al Qaeda and their general perspective on Bin Laden, I'm inclined to believe that they might not have wanted to be asked in the first place because it causes them more problems than solutions. In private conversations they probably refused. Had the US government publicly asked them, then that would put them in a difficult dilemma... which is why the US would never ask publicly.

In a way this situation is more Bin Laden's doing than anything else. He didn't believe in the legitimacy of any of these countries and publicly attacked them at every turn. Now why would anybody expect them to take his body in?

Osama was born in Riyahd Saudi Arabia. His father was born in Yemen but it wasn't even Yemen back then but a part of the Ottoman Empire.
o_O LOL :D
It wasn't Yemen ? XD
Yemen is Yemen thousands years ago....your statement above goes on Saudi Arabia because it's a royal family name.

So I guess the question is, now what? I'm wondering if a new leader will pop up. :? Soo many questions.

Actually, I've been wondering what it was that made him go from US ally to US public enemy no. 1 lately. I don't know much of the story, aside from that the US trained him to help fight the Soviets, then he attacked US properties abroad and in the US. Other than that I know nothing about the situation.

Actually, I've been wondering what it was that made him go from US ally to US public enemy no. 1 lately. I don't know much of the story, aside from that the US trained him to help fight the Soviets, then he attacked US properties abroad and in the US. Other than that I know nothing about the situation.

He never really was a direct American Ally. He never received funding from the CIA. There was some indirect funding through the ISI taking US money and giving it to Maktab al-Khidamat, which Bin Laden assisted Abdullah Azzam in running. He was not a leader during this period, nor was he trained to fight by the United States. The history if this period is somewhat complex, but the ISI was largely responsible for running the war against the Soviets. The CIA was responsible for some money and operational support, but the Gulf States were the ones who put the majority of the money.

Rather Bin Laden represented that last group. It was strand of the Mujahideen struggle; the Arab side. He was sent to Afghanistan partly at the behest of the Kingdom and his own family to support the struggle. He had his own sources of funding from the KSA and his family.

Ah, so are those pictures of him with G Dub and Cheney (was it?) doctored? Memory fails me, but the sense I got was that he showed up in pictures with some high-level US officials, and for some reason (probably because I've heard people say it), it was those two (at least). Psh, you know how the internet is. :p

John Miller's 1998 Interview With Osama Bin Laden (Why We Fight Reminder)

Fatwa Against Americans

JOHN MILLER: Mr. bin Laden, you have issued a fatwa calling on all Muslims to kill Americans where they can, when they can. Is that directed at all Americans, just American military, just Americans in Saudi Arabia?

OSAMA BIN LADEN: As we mentioned before, Allah ordered us in this religion to purify Muslim land of all non-believers, and especially the Arabian Peninsula where the Ke'ba is. After WWII, the Americans became more aggressive and oppressive, especially in the Muslim world.

We are surprised this question is coming from Americans. Each action will solicit a similar reaction. We must use such punishment to keep your evil away from Muslims, Muslim children and women. American history does not distinguish between civilians and military, and not even women and children. They are the ones who used the bombs against Nagasaki. Can these bombs distinguish between infants and military? America does not have a religion that will prevent it from destroying all people.

Your situation with Muslims in Palestine is shameful, if there is any shame left in America. In the Sabra and Shatilla massacre, a cooperation between Zionist and Christian forces, houses were demolished over the heads of children. Also, by testimony of relief workers in Iraq, the American-led sanctions resulted in the death of over 1 million Iraqi children.

All of this was done in the name of American interests. We believe that the biggest thieves in the world and the terrorists are the Americans. The only way for us to fend off these assaults is to use similar means.

We do not differentiate between those dressed in military uniforms and civilians; they are all targets in this fatwa. Especially since American officials were released after the Khobar bombing, asking all American civilians to contact the security department in the embassy with information on Muslims and activists. The fatwa includes all that share or take part in killing of Muslims, assaulting holy places, or those who help the Jews occupy Muslim land.

As we mentioned before, Allah ordered us in this religion to purify Muslim land of all non-believers, and especially the Arabian Peninsula where the Ke'ba is. After WWII, the Americans became more aggressive and oppressive, especially in the Muslim world.
This is a very huge mistake....

Can you plz provide link with Osama's voice ?

The American plan was to beat the USSR and take over the Arab Islamic world for wealths.

And that's what happened.

Thank you for the link,i wanted a video or voice record for Osama,You know media these days not 100% trusted.

Hezam, This is all I could find about the interview between John Miller and Osama bin Laden. I find it a bit difficult to follow every word, but maybe you can do better. Good luck!

I just watched the video,This is what he said :

We are surprised this question is coming from Americans. Each action will solicit a similar reaction. We must use such punishment to keep your evil away from Muslims, Muslim children and women. American history does not distinguish between civilians and military, and not even women and children. They are the ones who used the bombs against Nagasaki. Can these bombs distinguish between infants and military? America does not have a religion that will prevent it from destroying all people.

Your situation with Muslims in Palestine is shameful, if there is any shame left in America.

maybe someone cut the rest of the interview or maybe it's not his speech.

Thank you Elizabeth.

Back
Top Bottom