What's new

Osama Bin Laden: Dead

Nuala

Hell's Finest Daughter
15 Jul 2004
I woke up on September 11th, 2001. I showered, dressed myself, ate my breakfast, and walked down the street to my junior high school. Class started at 7:30 AM. This morning had all the makings of a regular day. I went through all the motions I usually did. My third period class came. I sat down in my seat, and the teacher went about her Algebra lesson as she normally did. My school day came to a halt around 9:10 AM when another teacher came into the room and told ours to turn the television onto the news. As a seventh grader, what was happening on the screen horrified and shocked me. We initially didn't believe what we were watching. The reality of it hit us all, and the school's principal informed us via intercom that all students in walking distance of the school would be released and to head straight home. Buses were on the way for students who lived farther away.

I walked home, and my parents were already home from work, watching the reports of what was occurring as they came in. Seeing the towers fall, the people jumping from the buildings to avoid an equally horrible death, it shook me. Any sense of security that I had was lost from that point on. I still have a hard time not telling my family members that I love them before I go about my day away from them. I didn't see the importance before that, but now? It's absolutely necessary..

President Obama announced yesterday that Osama Bin Laden had been killed in a confrontation by the US military, on May 1st, 2011. To be honest? I regret that another person has died because of this wretched world we live in, but I am at the same time happy that he is gone. Is that understandable? This monster, who ordered the deaths of thousands of people, of a variety of nationalities and creed, is finally gone! Here's to that and to doing all we can to ensure children not witness such horrors in the future. Here's a link to an article on BBC News.

I was 8 years old, in second grade. My step-mother picked me, and my siblings up from school when we got out. On our way home she told us what had happened, I did not even know what the World Trade Center was at the time, and didn't know why any of what happened was important.

It is completely understandable that you would be glad that he is dead, but upset that he would have been killed. I feel the same way, and I also am afraid of what will happen next, I can guarantee you Al-qeada will not let his death go unnoticed. That in a way, makes me sad about his death, because it means many more people will die.

Probably be a lot of doubters ?

The fact that his body was buried at sea will make people wonder. I bet pictures of his body and info on his DNA will be provided in the next few weeks, but there will always be some that will not believe the reports.
I'm sure too that there will be plenty of evil followers ready to fill his shoes. Let's hope any retaliation efforts are small and fail.

Uncle Frank

I slept through the entire event. Woke up for my afternoon classes drove to school, and there were only a few people there.. hmm that is strange I thought. And then one person said to me.. do you think we are gonna have classes? Why wouldn't we? I asked. Because somebody crashed a plane into the world trade center.. I was like.. oh.. I sat there baffled for a minute and then the prof walked in and was like.. well... a few people showed up so I guess we can have class for a bit... and I sat there for a nice long discussion about it all while just wanting to go find a tv... (social theory class).

Today morning i was playing online game and i was trading some items...while im typing i noticed this sentence "Bin Laden is Dead" ...of course i thought it's a stupid joke,...i went to the auction house to see what ppl are selling, and..i saw a guy wrote above his market "Bin Laden Celebration death" ..!!!!
I immediately opened ALJazeera news website and read this "The USA killed bin laden and celebrating" ...i said "Damn it!" ....it took me a minute to think again...
And then i said "Good!,Finally there is no reason for the US to kill people in Pakistan and Afghanistan"...honestly i wanted him to be killed by us because of the damage he caused to Muslims and Islam.

But as Uncle Frank said,people will start wonder,Why ...

But,If he got killed or died,in both ways it's good for Many many people and i hope this will make an end to the Crusade and Terrorism as some people like to call it.

At the end,Bush should be judged or killed like Bin Laden,Both of them killed thousands of people. ( Am i wrong? )

Last edited:
Osama bin Laden

The fact that his body was buried at sea will make people wonder. I bet pictures of his body and info on his DNA will be provided in the next few weeks, but there will always be some that will not believe the reports.
I'm sure too that there will be plenty of evil followers ready to fill his shoes. Let's hope any retaliation efforts are small and fail.
Uncle Frank

Yes Frank I too guess that there will be many people doubting the death of Bin Laden. And of course there will be plenty followers, but Bin Laden came from a very high and rich family, he was tall and good looking. He was also very, very intelligent. I guess that it will not that easy to replace him. There will be many strong men, cruel men,
maybe military men, but to replace Bin Laden? It will not be enough.

Bin Ladin, no matter how charismatic he may have been, wouldn't have been able to organize what he did without people that didn't feel his cause. He may be hard to replace, but Al Qaeda will go on, and the U.S. certainly knows that.

I think the difference between Bush and Bin Ladin is that Bin Ladin openly declared civilians targets, and proved that with images that'll never leave many minds including mine.

I got up, turned on the TV just to see what was on, and saw a plane crashing into one building, then later another, and I thought this is a movie I've never seen before, but switch to any other channel, and it was the same footage, and now I'm thinking this is something real. It was surreal. Later seeing people jumping to their deaths was also surreal.

A confrontation with U.S. troops? Wish I knew more, one news source says he died in an airstrike, if it was just that then there's not much confrontation there. Preferably I would've liked to have seen put on trial, then sentenced to life in prison.

As to the jubilation? I can't understand that, I'm sort of thinking, this is cause I'm not American? Or is it that is seems irrelevant now? Or is that I'm not thinking this is justice as I see it? Or is it that I just don't feel a relief at his death, but then I just think that the Al Qaeda are simply going to do is regroup.

Last edited:
Uncle Frank

Yeah, conspiracy theorists already started popping up. I think the reason why his body hasn't been shown because of the controversy it would stir up. I remember something like that happening when it was announced Saddam Hussain's sons were killed and the pictures of their bodies were shown everywhere. A lot of people felt it was in poor taste, me included.

I'm not sure how I feel about his death, I'm basically like: "he's dead, so now what?"
I was 16 when 9/11 occurred and I remember waking up the news seeing one of the twin towers had been hit. I thought the plane went out of control or something like that, then the second plane crashed into the building and then I realized we were being attacked. I also went to school kind of late that day, but we didn't do any work. We just watched the news all day.

I don't know what's going to happen next, I feel by killing him he was just turned into a martyr.

This Martin Luther King, Jr. quote has gotten popular lately:

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

You don't have to hate a mad dog to recognize the benefit of dispatching him.

I don't really believe in the place, but I hope bin Laden is now barking in hell.

yesterday reminds me when a barbaric group hanged Saddam Husein but people were more angry when they hanged Saddam.

people are still confused and doubtful for some reasons :

1- burying his body at sea...o_O
2- Fake picture !!
3 - Elections.
4 - Arab Spring. (the revolution).

Waiting for poofs....

If you think about it,Alqaeda was not active lately,but now this will make them regroup and join many members....dang

You don't have to hate a mad dog to recognize the benefit of dispatching him.

There's a difference between recognizing a benefit and reveling in the demise of though, e.g., dancing in the streets. I see it more as a life wasted, anyway. Imagine if he hadn't been so full of anger in the first place. The world would certainly be different. But there isn't much point in dwelling on that, I suppose.

Anyway, on the flip side of that I suppose it had to be done. I'm not arguing against the action taken. I just don't find it to be a joyous occasion, personally, however necessary it may have been. Plus I don't believe this really solves much. I doubt Al Qaeda will now disband because of this. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they became more active, at least in the short term (the US government seems to be expecting that, actually).

Hezam,

What I read and hear on TV/radio about Al Qaeda is that there are now many smaller groups like Al Qaeda.
Osama bin Laden had a lot to answer for, a very bad conscience indeed, a criminal. I am only just a little worried about the sea as his grave. I know that Muslims have to be buried under the earth within 24 hours.
But maybe it is better this way. America has done a 100% good job. Osama bin Laden was a very dangerous criminal.
Very soon we will be able to read many books about his youth and further life.

Burying a man without his family's approval !!!!!
Shame on you AMERICA for this shameful act
America did this a provocation to the Arabs and Muslims
Today, America has proven it the worst in the history of mankind

HE IS A HUMAN BEING AFTER ALL EITHER HE IS MUSLIM OR NOT

in my opinion,it's a propaganda to keep the Arab revolution under control.
There is no single proof yet.

Elizabeth
Doesn't the same go on Bush and his government ? they are even worse than Bin Laden.

"America" didn't do this; I can only assume a few people in the higher offices of government were responsible. Please don't blame and insult an entire nation of people where 99.99% had nothing to do with the decision to bury Osama Bin Laden at sea. And whoever did make the decision, I doubt they did it to provoke Arabs or Muslims. President Obama has made it clear he has not and will never wage a war against Islam but instead Al Qaeda.

Elizabeth[/COLOR][/B]
Doesn't the same go on Bush and his government ? they are even worse than Bin Laden.[/QUOTE]

All I can say is that I learnt as a teenager to look at both sides in Wars and also in daily life. Maybe because I am a woman, but I believe in talking together ... if that is possible.
In 1949 the Dutch government didn't want to talk to Sukarno the President of Indonesia the former Dutch colony. All those failurers are still go on and on all over the world. No use blaming the others better try to talk and listen.
This Forum is great, I can read all your thoughts and ideas from all corners of our earth. Most of you are very young so you are the future of our beautiful Earth. Please try to keep her beautiful in many ways.
Thank you.

"America" didn't do this; I can only assume a few people in the higher offices of government were responsible. Please don't blame and insult an entire nation of people where 99.99% had nothing to do with the decision to bury Osama Bin Laden at sea. And whoever did make the decision, I doubt they did it to provoke Arabs or Muslims. President Obama has made it clear he has not and will never wage a war against Islam but instead Al Qaeda.

Who would have accepted Osama Bin Laden's body? I'm sad that his corpse wasn't able to be disposed of in accordance with the more popular Muslim burial rites, yet is that to say his body wasn't treated with respect? I'm pretty certain it's permissible for a Muslim person to be buried at sea if every attempt to bury the body in the ground towards Mecca was made. The simple fact of the matter is that I don't see how any nation could accept the body.

red flower said:

Utter nonsense. I am not going to give you anything to stand on with that sort of comment. The United States of America did nothing but put a mad dog down. Muslims in the USA were celebrating his death even as Christian or Jewish Americans weren't, do you get that? I don't like some aspects of my country, but it sure is better than some countries I can think of. I'm not going to apologize to you or anybody. You want to call this a provocation to Muslims and Arabs? What do YOU call Osama bin Laden's shameful and twisted manner of purportedly defending his "faith"?

I'm sad that his corpse wasn't able to be disposed of in accordance with the more popular Muslim burial rites

can't we understand his family's feeling ?

Is it very hard to think that a human being not only died but also couldn't have a decent funeral and a grave no matter how bad he was??

In Islamic rules It is not permitted to bury a dead one in a sea where you can bury them in a land
lands EVERYWHERE in Pakistan, what make them throw him in a sea...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hard

If you and me in a trip, and you died, would you like me to protect your body from animals not to eat you until we bury you with dignity even if you were the worst killer in the world?? at least we should do that for your family's sake and consider their feeling??

Americans are not the only human who have feeling ,, right??

Killing him was not enough , they messed with his body !!

WHERE IS THE MERCY AND JUSTICE

can't we understand his family's feeling ?
Is it very hard to think that a human being not only died but also couldn't have a decent funeral and a grave no matter how bad he was??
In Islamic rules It is not permitted to bury a dead one in a sea where you can bury them in a land

What I was trying to say to you was that Osama Bin Laden is a very infamous terrorist, and would be a political minefield for any country to openly accept his corpse. You get what I mean? I doubt he was actually buried at sea anyways, red flower. It is safer to say that he was buried at sea than to ANNOUNCE where his GRAVE is. You get what I'm saying? And that is in the slim chance that he wasn't actually buried at sea.

lands EVERYWHERE in Pakistan, what make them throw him in a sea...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pakistan would probably be the last country to openly accept Osama Bin Laden's body, especially considering the fact that they're going to have a ton of pressure from the international community over the fact that he was hiding out there for so long. Right? And also, you're describing a burial at sea rather bluntly. His burial at sea was probably overseen by a Muslim cleric within the US military and the proper rites were conducted. His body was probably put in a weighted coffin of some sort too so that it would sink. Trust me, it's not so barbaric as "throwing the body into the sea".

If you and me in a trip, and you died, would you like me to protect your body from animals not to eat you until we bury you with dignity even if you were the worst killer in the world?? at least we should do that for your family's sake and consider their feeling??

The crux of the argument against burial at sea is the idea that the body could be eaten by scavengers and other creatures, right? As such, I hate to inform you but he was probably put to rest at sea in a sealed and weighted coffin so that it would sink to the sea and be as inaccessible to scavengers as a burial in the ground would be.

Americans are not the only human who have feeling ,, right??

It may be hard for you to understand, but I do not view myself as simply an American. I do not view you as whatever nationality or creed you attest to. I view you, myself, and everyone else as a human being above all things. Everybody has feelings.

Killing him was not enough , they messed with his body !!

I am certain all they did was bring the body back to base, collect tissue samples to confirm his identity via DNA, and he was then likely buried at sea in a proper manner. Pictures and video were also taken in all likelihood.

WHERE IS THE MERCY AND JUSTICE

Stop being so melodramatic. Please.

Bin Laden got what he wanted,ok...what now...hmmm....Should that be enough to stop madness and war.

If Bush killed by Arab or Muslim there will be same reaction from Americans,So please understand people feelings,whether bad or good guy he means something for people.

o.o

So doesn't it bother you that Osama bin Laden murdered Muslims, too? Like Thor said, even Muslims are celebrating his death.

Back
Top Bottom