What's new

Offtopic on Canadian Soldiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DoctorP

That's bascially why the United States' losing the war. They don't know why they are in Iraq.

You are kidding right? Of course you are, you can't be serious! I mean since when could anyone from Canada advise anyone on how to fight a war? :)

You are kidding right? Of course you are, you can't be serious! I mean since when could anyone from Canada advise anyone on how to fight a war? :)
Canadians have always fought bravely. In WW 2 a trial of normandy was done using canadian soldiers, who sadly were mostly killed. Also in D-day the canadians had their own beach to take over. The bravery of the canadian soldiers is always not mentioned. Canadians have always fought in major war scenarios... so hush and get your facts straight before you say something

Were my facts wrong? Did I quote something erroneously? I don't think so. Get your own facts straight before correcting someone!

Your sarcastic tone implied canadians don't know how to fight,,, and I disproved to you that it was a bad assumption with facts not sarcasm.

Your sarcastic tone implied canadians don't know how to fight,,, and I disproved to you that it was a bad assumption with facts not sarcasm.

I stated opinion, but if you want to consider my opinion fact I will take it as I am a very opinionated person!

Thank you for granting me that much power!

Speaking as a former Canadian soldier, I can tell you Canadians know just as well as anyone how to fight a war.

As I write this Canadians are fighting and dying in the most dangerous, violent part of Afghanistan. We have every right to be proud of our military.

I'd advise you to get some basic knowledge of the facts before you go spouting out any more ill-informed opinions like that.

I stated opinion, but if you want to consider my opinion fact I will take it as I am a very opinionated person!
Thank you for granting me that much power!

If you had read carefully I just said that yours was a bad assumption and I disproved it with facts. I never said it was fact. Read closely next time.

aldkfjlajfdslajfdljsafjklajfdskljds

Last edited by a moderator:
If you had read carefully I just said that yours was a bad assumption and I disproved it with facts. I never said it was fact. Read closely next time.

Ease off vegamatic.

[QUOTE = Duo]

Canadians have always fought bravely. In WW 2 a trial of normandy was done using canadian soldiers, who sadly were mostly killed. Also in D-day the canadians had their own beach to take over. The bravery of the canadian soldiers is always not mentioned. Canadians have always fought in major war scenarios... so hush and get your facts straight before you say something [/QUOTE]

That was your original post. I never stated anything but opinion. Why you went ballistic is beyond me. Relax, breathe!

Back on topic!

Ease off vegamatic.
Duo said:
Canadians have always fought bravely. In WW 2 a trial of normandy was done using canadian soldiers, who sadly were mostly killed. Also in D-day the canadians had their own beach to take over. The bravery of the canadian soldiers is always not mentioned. Canadians have always fought in major war scenarios... so hush and get your facts straight before you say something
That was your original post. I never stated anything but opinion. Why you went ballistic is beyond me. Relax, breathe!
Back on topic!
I believe the point being made was that before you state your OPINION you should get your FACTS straight. Otherwise your opinion is really worthless.

again, thanks for getting back on topic.

again, thanks for getting back on topic.
Hey, you are the one who dragged the thread off on this tangent with your snide comment, so don't blame me for taking you to task for it. If you want the thread to stay on topic, then post your opinion about the TOPIC. Taking a look through the entire thread you haven't made a single post on topic. We don't care to hear whatever ignorant opinions you may have on Canadians.

Anyway, my opinion on the topic is that I think Bush will ignore most of the suggestions, adopt a few of the ones he finds less objectionable. Iraq will continue its spiral of violence regardless.

Hey, you are the one who dragged the thread off on this tangent with your snide comment, so don't blame me for taking you to task for it. If you want the thread to stay on topic, then post your opinion about the TOPIC. Taking a look through the entire thread you haven't made a single post on topic. We don't care to hear whatever ignorant opinions you may have on Canadians.

No need to get all upset about this guy, clearly he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Ease off vegamatic.
[QUOTE = Duo]

DoctorP said:
Back on topic!

My mistake.. that last sentence was badly worded. I shouldn't have been so agressive... i apologize for that. However that still doesn't justify your comment that was basically a provacation seeking a response.

I'm making a new thread on this cuz it diverges on the original topic.

........and now I'm closing it to avoid further conflicts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom