What's new

New Here

19 May 2007
Hey, my name is Dave , I have lived in Japan for about 8 years now. I am married to a Japanese and I have two kids at 31 years of age.

Joined this site to try and increase my "understanding" of your typical Japanese company hierarchy. I hope I can help others here too, as I have been through a lot to get where I am. Cheers

Hi! I hope you aren't too frustrated! I am sure you'll be able to give advice with 8 years of living experience in Japan. :)

Hi! I hope you aren't too frustrated! I am sure you'll be able to give advice with 8 years of living experience in Japan. :)
Thanks. I am very frustrated at the moment. I am in charge of a bussiness thats works with and takes care of elderly here in Japan. Although I consider my self fluent in speaking and writing( the more I learn the less I want to say I am fluent, but people do not know I am foreign when I speak on the phone until I say my name) , there is still that problem of communicating those little tiny differences an nuances in ones explanation and the fact that Japanese is not my mother tongue, on top of that there are the cultural differences that can only be experienced to be learned. All that being said, I do like Japan and living here.👍

Welcome to JREF dave. I hope you find here what you are looking for. 🙂
Thanks for the welcome.

Last edited:
Just working in the medical area of work is frustrating !

I've been in the home care field of work now for 12 years here in Maine on the nursing end(CNA/HHA). The whole system here is crashing down. Hope to catch you in the chat room sometime to swap stories. Welcome to JREF!

Uncle Frank

🙂

Thanks Philip

I've been in the home care field of work now for 12 years here in Maine on the nursing end(CNA/HHA). The whole system here is crashing down. Hope to catch you in the chat room sometime to swap stories. Welcome to JREF!
Uncle Frank
🙂
Thanks Uncle Frank.

Things are not looking so rosey here either. I would love to talk and learn from anything you have to say.

From the heart of Japan, the Japan Alps, good ole cold and freezing Shinano (now Nagano) where life expectancy is the highest in Japan, I shout out a big WELCOME to JREF !!

I hope you'll be able to enjoy your time here, enough so that your mind will forget where which synapse system it left those memories of how to feel frustrated in. . . and the smile on your face will pierce the heart of all those you work with and for. . . thus proving once again, a smiling face is contagious !!

Oh...and then, when I get old, I'll go down there and keep you company ! hee, hee, hee..... MM🙂

Back
Top Bottom