What's new

Need your help to make a film about this Japanese hero

fivenights

後輩
4 Jan 2012
Hi there,
I feel like this forum would be interested in becoming part of our project. Please take the time to check it out -
As mentioned on this forum before, suicide is a big problem in Japan. However, Yukio Shige, one resident of the Fukui prefecture, has devoted his life toward making a significant difference to victims and attitudes surrounding suicide in Japan. He has saved hundreds of lives by talking down jumpers and then meticulously piecing their lives back together. He is a remarkable man and we need your help to make a film about him in order to inspire others.

Here is our indiegogo page
Yukio -- IndieGoGo
(if you don't know how it works you basically exchange a pledge for a gift and only if we reach the target does it count)

Time is running out and we need you guys to help spread the word so we can get more prospective donations coming in.
I'm happy to answer any questions, thanks for taking the time to check this over

Ryan

Hi Mike,

Well we think it's a really good cause and want the film to be made so we are trying to get in touch with as many people as possible who have an interest in Japan. We've tried our best to make the rewards for giving worthwhile but if you have any suggestions on how we could make them more appealing then please get in touch.

Ryan

I was tempted to donate a couple of bucks, until I read about the totally half-assed way you went about doing the thing (just showing up hoping to find him, with no competent translator in tow) and was concerned you'd end up with an equally half-assed end product and decided I didn't care to be a part of it.

Perhaps some explanation of what the $5000 is to be used for would help. As it is, it looks like you're at least in part trying to recoup the expense of your let's-have-a-lark trip to Japan. You already have the footage. Presumably you already have the computer and editing software for putting your project together. You can whack out DVDs as orders come in. So what is the $5000 for if not to pay for your trip?

Hi again Mike,
My friend Tom has addressed, and I believe still addressing, your concerns on another forum (you linked to it earlier). In regards to the $5000, naturally the trip has been paid for and seeing as it was part recreational we are happy to have paid for it personally. We live in London, an expensive city, and with the three of us needing at least $1400 a month to survive (a cheap cost of living in London) we can't afford to take time away from paid work. We expect it to take three weeks. The rest as you mentioned will go on translation, purchasing extra footage of Japan to help present our message, paying for the distribution of the gifts we would need to give to everyone who helped us get to the $5000 and building the soundtrack. There are likely to be other unforeseen costs also such as we may need to get it professionally converted into 24fps.
Ryan

Back
Top Bottom