What's new

Need help

Davey

先輩
Contributor
5 Feb 2005
Don't know how and what to do at the moment, although I will find my way.

Just heard my father passed away and have to go back home. There are certain restrictions, but seems in this case i am allowed to go back. My mind isn't really clear at the moment so it's hard to search things up. I read you need a vivid test 72 hours before, searched up something but said it costs about 36.000 yen for a test...

Any thoughts or experiences would be great to hear.

I am very sorry about your loss, Davey!

I suggest you call the Dutch Embassy first thing in the morning (or even tonight). They do seem to have a 24/7 emergency phone number:

+81357765400
24 hours, 7 days a week

Found this, too, but the info might be outdated:

Netherlands

[Update: Apr 04, 2021]

📝 PCR test
Required

📝 Certification
You are required to show a negative COVID-19 test result if you are travelling to the Netherlands from most countries. You should either:
- Have a PCR test conducted within 24 hours before boarding
- Have a PCR test conducted within 72 hours before boarding, followed by a rapid antigen test taken 24 hours before boarding.

More information on testing requirements can be found here: Negative COVID-19 test results and declaration required
From 5 February onwards, travellers on KLM with flight KL862 can get a rapid antigen test in Terminal 2 at Narita airport at Nippon Medical School, Narita International Airport Clinic.
A reservation is mandatory via: [email protected]

This PCR test seems to be quite steep indeed. Check above, you can get a test at Narita Airport but you need a reservation!

Return to Japan FB Group

Thank you for the condolences and the information. Took a pcr test and have to pick up my certificate in the morning.ill fly back to amsterdam late in the night. Been a real tiring day but can't be helped. Will update more soon...

Once again thank you to all.

I am glad you could sort everything out! Have a safe trip.

My heart goes out to you and your family.

Emotions run high with family and friends at a funeral. My sisters got into a big fight at my dad's funeral. I sat next to my dad's best friend and he said to me , "I wonder if your dad's first wife will show up"? Until then I knew nothing about that. Then the friend tells me I have a half brother living in California. Due to a mix up , the family thought I was at camp and they all went to the hospital to be with him when he passed. No one told me until a day later that he was dead. I was home and if they had just phoned. Till this day they rub it in my face that I wasn't there. The following year it turns out he cheated on his taxes and my mom had to pay the IRS $15,000. It's been 20 years and I still cringe thinking about it all. It probably would have made a good horror movie , LOL. I sure hope thing go well for you Dave.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your father Davey. If you are on FB, do join that group Thomas recommended - I'm also on it - there is a lot of up-to-date information on the page that may be useful for the return trip.

Back
Top Bottom