What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Need help

Davey

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't know how and what to do at the moment, although I will find my way.

Just heard my father passed away and have to go back home. There are certain restrictions, but seems in this case i am allowed to go back. My mind isn't really clear at the moment so it's hard to search things up. I read you need a vivid test 72 hours before, searched up something but said it costs about 36.000 yen for a test...

Any thoughts or experiences would be great to hear.

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
I am very sorry about your loss, Davey!

I suggest you call the Dutch Embassy first thing in the morning (or even tonight). They do seem to have a 24/7 emergency phone number:

+81357765400
24 hours, 7 days a week

Uncle Frank

SECURITY
Admin
Reaction score
So very sorry to hear that Dave. My condolences to you and your family .

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Found this, too, but the info might be outdated:

Netherlands​

[Update: Apr 04, 2021]

📝 PCR test
Required

📝 Certification
You are required to show a negative COVID-19 test result if you are travelling to the Netherlands from most countries. You should either:
- Have a PCR test conducted within 24 hours before boarding
- Have a PCR test conducted within 72 hours before boarding, followed by a rapid antigen test taken 24 hours before boarding.

More information on testing requirements can be found here: Negative COVID-19 test results and declaration required
From 5 February onwards, travellers on KLM with flight KL862 can get a rapid antigen test in Terminal 2 at Narita airport at Nippon Medical School, Narita International Airport Clinic.
A reservation is mandatory via: [email protected]

This PCR test seems to be quite steep indeed. Check above, you can get a test at Narita Airport but you need a reservation!

Return to Japan FB Group

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Let us know how things turned out, Davey.

Davey

Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you for the condolences and the information. Took a pcr test and have to pick up my certificate in the morning.ill fly back to amsterdam late in the night. Been a real tiring day but can't be helped. Will update more soon...

Once again thank you to all.

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
I am glad you could sort everything out! Have a safe trip.

My heart goes out to you and your family.

Uncle Frank

SECURITY
Admin
Reaction score
Emotions run high with family and friends at a funeral. My sisters got into a big fight at my dad's funeral. I sat next to my dad's best friend and he said to me , "I wonder if your dad's first wife will show up"? Until then I knew nothing about that. Then the friend tells me I have a half brother living in California. Due to a mix up , the family thought I was at camp and they all went to the hospital to be with him when he passed. No one told me until a day later that he was dead. I was home and if they had just phoned. Till this day they rub it in my face that I wasn't there. The following year it turns out he cheated on his taxes and my mom had to pay the IRS $15,000. It's been 20 years and I still cringe thinking about it all. It probably would have made a good horror movie , LOL. I sure hope thing go well for you Dave.

Last edited:

Lothor

Proofreader extraordinaire
Donor
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your father Davey. If you are on FB, do join that group Thomas recommended - I'm also on it - there is a lot of up-to-date information on the page that may be useful for the return trip.

Top Bottom