What's new

Need a bit of help finding info on this guitar

musicisgood

Sempai
Donor
4 Sep 2015
The other day I stopped in at a pawnshop and was looking at some guitars they had hung up on the wall. One caught my attention so I ask to have a look at it.
I really didn't do anything other then check and see if the neck was bowed, in fact, it wasn't.
The trem bar was missing and so was the back plate cover. I found the guitar to be well made and very well balance so I talked to the salesperson there about a price reduction. He said he'd give a \1000 yen off. I told him I might be interested in it, but I'll come back next week some time. Well, the guitar was still there and so I decided to give it a play. Tuned it up and checked out the fretboard, no dead spots on the frets. Good so far. Next, having single coil pickups, I thought there would be some humming, nope none at all. Reminds me of the noiseless ones on the Strats and Teles.
The middle tone switch really didn't do much if in fact anything, but I said what the heck.
I talked to the store manager this time and asked for a discount, he gave me 10% off. I said OK.
Guitar came with a well padded Fender soft shell case, strap, and new set of strings.
I paid \12800 for it.
It's a Fender Squier Stratocaster model made in Indonesia.
The serial #is: s/n ICS09019931
My need here is to find out how old it is. Any help would be most appreciated.
The guitar, after I did a setup on it with new strings and adjusted the intonation, well, I think its a fine guitar.
I need to now buy the trem bar for it, but not sure what size the hole is, could be 5mm or 6mm. Also the back cover plate, I'm having a bit of a problem finding the right one due to the location of the drilled holes from the old plate position. It is not the standard Strat position of drilled holes.
I'll try to post a picture later today, maybe that will help explain what I need to buy.

Last edited:
here's some pictures of it

If anyone here knows where I can get the right Trem bar and back cover for this, much appreciated.

DSCN3787.JPG
DSCN3788.JPG
DSCN3789.JPG
DSCN3790.JPG
DSCN3791.JPG
DSCN3794.JPG
DSCN3795.JPG

It seems to be a global product so probably U.S. support can help. When I check the Japanese page it just seems to be a translated version of the English pages.
Fender
How can I find out when my Indonesian-made instrument was manufactured? – Fender
Fender Electric Guitar Parts
Stratocaster® Service Diagrams – Fender

Thanks.
Are you a guitar player?

I'll be checking up on them sites today.

I've got a Zen-on classical guitar, solid wood, from the 60's. Wonder what it would sell for these days. It's more of and advance beginner guitar. A zero-nut fretboard. Sounds rich in tone. That's for sure. Neck is still very flat with no bowing.
The story behind this one is, A Japanese govt. employee was sent to Kenya. Somehow a Kenyan govt employee got it, brought to Japan. He was a student of Economics at the university here. He gave it to me after he graduated and was leaving for Kenya. One of kind Zen-on that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom