What's new

My military uniform collection

UniformGuy

Kouhai
2 Jan 2016
Here my collection of 2 years. Consists of military tunics, a smock, two bdus, and around 40 pieces of headgear. This collection is worth £800-£900 as appraised by An expert who I showed a pic of my collection to

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    926.2 KB · Views: 125
Nice ! You need a bigger room , LOL. My mom bought me a Japanese rifle for $2 once. It looked like it had laid outside about 10 years and someone had painted it with several layers of black primer paint. We get a lot of pictures here on JREF of flags and such , but many are fakes . It seems a lot of people around the world make a living selling fake stuff with great stories they make up. Thanks for sharing the picture.

Nice ! You need a bigger room , LOL. My mom bought me a Japanese rifle for $2 once. It looked like it had laid outside about 10 years and someone had painted it with several layers of black primer paint. We get a lot of pictures here on JREF of flags and such , but many are fakes . It seems a lot of people around the world make a living selling fake stuff with great stories they make up. Thanks for sharing the picture.

Yeah that's one of the problems with my hobby is the fact that fakes are sold and it's in the major category, this had also happened to other collectors who collect other items. But thanks and how the hell did you get a rifle for $2? XD

It was so bad , I would have sold it for a Dollar , LOL. I started to collect foreign guns at one time , but I like shooting and it lowers the value on some if you use them. Here in Maine , you can find a lot of old military guns and uniforms at gun shows , but the prices are high now days. Over the years , I've probably owned over a 100 different guns . My collection now is down to just 10 modern guns and the wife says no more , LOL. I just picked up a new 9mm target pistol in the 1911 style for Xmas , but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.
Are you allowed to collect any guns there in the UK? Here in the US , you can buy anything you want if you have enough money and no criminal record. My wife's dad was from Scotland and served in the Black Watch for 30 years. He had a real nice British Enfield he used to hunt with. I was hoping to get it when he died , but his son got it. I use a M16 style .223 to hunt small game with and a Ruger Mini-30 (a type of AK-47) for deer hunting.

It was so bad , I would have sold it for a Dollar , LOL. I started to collect foreign guns at one time , but I like shooting and it lowers the value on some if you use them. Here in Maine , you can find a lot of old military guns and uniforms at gun shows , but the prices are high now days. Over the years , I've probably owned over a 100 different guns . My collection now is down to just 10 modern guns and the wife says no more , LOL. I just picked up a new 9mm target pistol in the 1911 style for Xmas , but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.
Are you allowed to collect any guns there in the UK? Here in the US , you can buy anything you want if you have enough money and no criminal record. My wife's dad was from Scotland and served in the Black Watch for 30 years. He had a real nice British Enfield he used to hunt with. I was hoping to get it when he died , but his son got it. I use a M16 style .223 to hunt small game with and a Ruger Mini-30 (a type of AK-47) for deer hunting.

In the uk you can collect any gun. However most of these guns must be "deactivated". You can own a double barrelled and a semi auto shotgun live with a license. Same with bolt action rifles but it's harder to get a license. Some 22. As well. Wow 100 guns?! That's amazing. I have thought about getting my 2nd deactivated gun this year! Maybe your wife is saving you from spending too much money on guns. XD

I was very lucky when I was younger to have a cousin who worked in a big gun store. He got a good discount for working there and let me buy at his prices. They took a lot of guns in trade and he would pick out the good ones and save for me. My dad was a collector and gave me around 20 guns he had when he got too old to shoot. I also used to take older guys in their 80's and 90's to camp with me and take care of them. When they died , their wives would give or sell me their guns. Just before I got married I had around 40 guns and 50 thousand rounds of assorted ammo to shoot them. After marriage and buying a house , they slowly got sold off. Here in the US , the past year or two , silencers for pistols and rifles are the latest thing to collect , if you have plenty of money. I've been shooting now for 60 years and never get tired of it. Your collection will go up in value and be a good investment , keep at it.

I was very lucky when I was younger to have a cousin who worked in a big gun store. He got a good discount for working there and let me buy at his prices. They took a lot of guns in trade and he would pick out the good ones and save for me. My dad was a collector and gave me around 20 guns he had when he got too old to shoot. I also used to take older guys in their 80's and 90's to camp with me and take care of them. When they died , their wives would give or sell me their guns. Just before I got married I had around 40 guns and 50 thousand rounds of assorted ammo to shoot them. After marriage and buying a house , they slowly got sold off. Here in the US , the past year or two , silencers for pistols and rifles are the latest thing to collect , if you have plenty of money. I've been shooting now for 60 years and never get tired of it. Your collection will go up in value and be a good investment , keep at it.

Cheers man I'll keep it up :)
Make sure the hobby last at least for one more generation.

I like your collection, young cadet. The coronation of your collection would be a full uniform of a Wehrmacht officer. They look really nicest, is probably due to the fact that Hugo Boss conceived them personally.

Back
Top Bottom