What's new

Music

Souske

Oldbie
12 Jun 2003
What kind of music do you listen to? and list the bands, singers, groups that you like.

I listen to all sorts of music like, Indian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, US, Russian. 🙂

Hmmm that's gonna be a long list but as you wish ^^

Jrock:
- X Japan
- Gazette
- Mucc
- Plastic Tree
- Phantasmagoria
- Luna Sea
- hide
- L'arc en ciel
-Hyde
- Dir en Grey
-Ausvitz
- Sid
- Pannic Channel
- The Back Horn
- Gackt
- Glay
- Malice Mizer
- Madeth gray'll
- bis
- Rentrer en Soi
- Lilith
- Jinkaku Radio
- Klaha
- Mar'delarya
- Pierrot
- Kagrra
- Shulla
- AnCafe
- Kurt
- Laputa
- Lareine
- Girugamesh
- Kozi
- D'espairsRay
- Miyavi
- Blood
- La'Mule
- Aya
- Nightmare
- Due'le Quartz
- Kisaki Project
- Kiyoharu
- Vocus Image
- Schwarz Stein

I aslo listen a lot of death, black, power, gothic and heavy metal :D *copies the list from her myspace* :D

After Forever, Amon Amarth, Amorphis, Anathema, Angra, Anorexia Nervosa, Anthrax, Apocaliptyca, Arch Enemy, Astral Doors, At the Gates, Avantasia, Ayeron, Blind Guardian, Candlemass, Cannibal Corpse, Catamenia, Children of Bodom, Chimaira, Cinderella, Cradle of Filth, Dark Tranquillity, Dark Funeral, Darkthrone, Darkseed, Death, Deeds of Flesh, Diecast, Dimmu Borgir, Discharge, Dissection, Disturbed, Dragonforce, Dragonlord, Dream Evil, Dream Theater, Edguy, Ektomorf, Ensiferium, Epica, Firewind, Freedom Call, Graweworm, Gamma Ray, Hammerfall, Hate Eternal, Hypocrisy, Immortal, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Kamelot, Kataklysm, Lacuna Coil, Lamb of God, L'ame Immortelle, Manowar, Marduk, Martiria, Metallica, Monstrosity, Moonspell, Morbid Angel, Murderdolls, Naglfar, Nile, Nirvana, Noctiferia, Oomph!, Opeth, Pantera, Paradise Lost, Raintime, Rammstein, Rhapsody, Satyricon, Saviour Machine, Saxon, Sentenced, Sepultura, Slayer, Slipknot, Sonata Arctica, Soulfy, Staind, Stone Sour, Stratovarius, Symphony X, Testament, Theatre of Tragedy, The 69 Eyes, Therion, Thunderstone, Tristania, Trivium Twilightning, Within Temptation, Whitesnake, Wintersun, Xandria

Pheeww that's all 😌 Haha i hope i haven't forgot any bands :LOL:

Okay, here's my list, starting with:

PINK LADY

Followed by rock and pop from the 60's through the 80's, Disco, J-Pop from the 70's and 80's, as for groups:

The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who, ABBA, Cheap Trick, Bee Gees, Village People, Foreigner, Shonen Knife, Wink. In other words, the good stuff!

👍

That was really a well worked list there Anchyyy san ! You know I can hardly recall what group did which song, and what the name of the song is--even if I can play it on the guitar and sing it. Well, of course I know some, but compared to most people, I am lacking there.

I listen to many kinds of music, like Souske, but I basically do the blues--both Mississippi Delta, Chicago, and rock. I also listen to some of those good ole 70s and 80s sound as well as the late 60s. But I listen to the new stuff too.

I really like music, and have always been involved with it. I will have another gig on the 17th of this month...I've been practicing harder than usual.

I like alot of different types of music. J-Rock (of course) J-Pop, Bollywood, Rap, RnB, Pop, Metal, Blues, Jazz, Electro-Clash, you name it I probaly listen to it.

While I have nothing against today's music, but I simply don't like it. I've always been of the opinion that really decent music died with the emergence of grunge in the late 80's, which was followed the dual infestation of BBB's (Bleached Blond Bimbos) like Britney and Christina and the equally vile boy band craze (Backstreet Boys, New Kids, N'Sync, etc.) which thankfully, has died out. Things only got worse as the 90's progressed with another dual virus: The Spice Girls and gangsta rap, the former went bye-bye but the latter is, sadly, still as strong and disgustingly vulgar as ever. Nowadays, all I listen to on the radio are oldies from the 60's through the 80's which I thoroughly enjoy. All the rest I can live without, thankyouverymuch.

Mars Man said:
That was really a well worked list there Anchyyy san !

Thank you! 👍 But now when i read my list again, i found out that i forgot about some really good bands 😌 :D

I know good bands and singers but I just dunno how to spell their names lol.

Hey Mars Man, you have a gig? Cool! I hope it all goes well! 👍 You ought to get someone to take a video so you can post your abilities on jref! :p

Geez, I listen to a lot of different bands, like Anchyyy-san there. ☝ I don't think I could hope to do a comprehensive list. But basically the genres I like are... (umm, I totally suck at genres and sub-genres, so... ><):

Blues - actually my 'first love' as my father played a lot of blues and ragtime on the guitar, and that's how I learned to play, and my first songs were traditional fingerpicking blues songs. I tend to like harder, more 'modern' type blues that blends into rock, a la Gary Moore, Robin Trower, etc., but I still like the old 'greats' like Mississippi John Hurt, Muddy Waters, Woody Guthrie etc.

Rock - traditional type of rock dating from the '60s onwards; it's all cool with me. ^^ I like a lot of stuff ranging from softer pop-rock up towards metal - from bands like Glay and Franz Ferdinand (basically pop with a little punch) through stuff like Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Kagrra, MUCC, D'espairsRay... the list goes on!

Metal - there are a load of confusing sub-genres in metal, which I am very bad at. >< I think I can basically say that I like heavy metal, death metal and symphonic/melodic black metal. Bands I like include Iron Maiden, Metallica (early stuff), Pantera, Rage Against the Machine, Marilyn Manson, Dream Theater, Children of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Swallow the Sun, Anorexia Nervosa...

Classical - I played the flute for 8 years, yet I can still hardly tell one composer from another despite the fact that I played mainly classical and jazz. >< I will listen to any classical music, and if it is in a minor key I will probably like it. :D

Jazz - I will listen to anything, but know nothing.

Techno I have a secret weakness for techno, which has only recently begun to surface. I rarely listen to pure techno though, but rather, I like to hear techno elements in goth, industrial and electronica.

Goth - I like old goth bands like Bauhaus, The Mission and The Sisters of Mercy. Some of the current bands that I like could also be described as goth, or 'gothcore' (harder goth) or industrial goth/electronica - e.g. Schwarz Stein, Auto-Mod, Art Marju Duchain, Eve of Destiny, etc.

Punk - again, I like some bands which loosely fall under the 'punk' umbrella although I'm so bad at defining such things. >< I like Penicillin, The Zolge, The Lords of the New Church (although they are probably more goth/rock ><)...

Folk - I was brought up on such music as Tom Paxton and Ralph McTell - gentle melodic songs with nice subtle acoustic guitar playing - and I still like this type of music sometimes. Stuff like Simon & Garfunkle, Bob Dylan...

Skiffle - I've got to put in a good word for Lonnie Donegan who has to be one of the most underrated musicians in recent music history!

There is one band - Catasexual Urge Motivation - that sits in splendid isolation as being the only grindcore band on my 'favourites' list! :D

Most of my listening, is in the genres rock, metal, punk and goth. 👍

Yo Kinsao, That is a good idea, we all would like to see mars man and his mad skills!

lol, awsome list you got there too its very interesting :)

I have random taste in music. Very random.

An example of what's in my mp3 player now?:

When In Rome - The Promise
A Tribe Called Quest - Electric Relaxation
Imogen Heap - Come Here Boy
Tupac - I Get Around
Pearl Jam - Black
Olive - Miracle
Weekend Players - Jericho
Zero 7 - Destiny
Gap Band - You Dropped A Bomb On Me
Def Leppard - Hysteria
Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth
Sundays - Wild Horses
Etta James - At Last
Alison Krauss - The Lucky One
INXS - I Need You Tonight
Madonna - Justify My Love
Ginuwine - Differences
The Police - Wrapped Around Your Finger
Beastie Boys - Sure Shot
Depeche Mode - Policy of Truth
Cream - Sunshine of Your Love
Marshall Tucker Band - Can't You See
Bad Company - Shooting Star

And lots of Doors songs.

I have many more on my mp3 player, but I tried to include something from all kinds of genres.

doesn't matter, just list all the songs you have on your comp or what you listen to the most.

I'll jam anything from Tupac to The Beatles to George Strait to Jewel to Marilyn Manson.

I'll listen to anything except classical, emo, punk or bluegrass.

Kinsao said:
Hey Mars Man, you have a gig? Cool! I hope it all goes well! 👍 You ought to get someone to take a video so you can post your abilities on jref! :p

Thanks Kinsao san, Souske san. I'll see if I can anyone to do that. . .maybe try to see if I can get Mikawa Ossan up here again for that one. But, me and up-to-the-second, IT/CP geekish skills will almost absolutely run into trouble trying to put anything out on the forum...for those who know how hard it was for me to learn how to paste a simple picture on a post.

I am not such a great guitar player, but can at least play, and I am neither such a great singer, of course, but at least don't get rotten tomatoes thrown at me. I had had quite a few gigs back in '97~'99, and had played on a 6 month radio program I had had on SBC radio here in Nagano.

I'll see what I can do. You guys are bringing up a lot of good groups and songs !! (my eldest son listens to heavy-metal fairly often, and I listen along with him sometimes too. I don't go for opera so much, nor really hillbilly country, and I can only listen to enka for a short while before I feel like throwing the wiskey bottle at the karaoke monitor.) :p :)

yay for mars man! 👍, if you been playing a guitar for a while it shouldn't be as complicated as starting to play a guitar lol. But anyways, hope to see that vid of you playing some music, it would be awsome.🙂

Monstars list of Music of doom :) :

- In Flames
- Kana
- Amon Amarth
- Týr
- Einherjer
- Rammstein
- Mnemic
- P.O.D
- D'espairsRay
- Otsuka Ai
- W (too bad they had to split up)
- Samael
- Finntroll
- Gorillaz
- Rotterdam Terror Corps
- Angerfist
- Other illustrious but uknown rave DJ's.
- Manowar
- Daft Punk

well rock mostly. used to listen to country some.
Metallica
RHCP
Nirvana
RATM
Pearl Jam

Jack Johnson
Sublime

that types of music

Well, folks, just thought I'd bump this up to let you know (a bit late perhaps, but...) that the gig went well enough. No real sour sounds, and the bass player was great !! I only blew the words a couple of times while concentrating on keeping a rythym. (so hard to do two things at one time while still trying to stay locked to the mike)

We had a fair crowd considering being out here in the sticks and very little advertising and on the night before Father's day--about 15 people. Everyone did seem to really get into it. . . especially Johnny B. Goode and a couple of up tempo blues originals. We plan on another one in August--this time with the keyboard player (from Belgium)--he was out this last time.

Anyway, it went well enough, and I just wanted to let you all know. Thanks for the ear....I mean eye !! :)

Yay cool! Glad it went off well! 👍
If the audience gets into it, that's the best thing. 🕺 Johnny B. Goode is a cool song!

Incidentally, for anyone who likes grindcore, do you know Necrophagist? I just discovered them and they are awesome! Some great guitar solos! 👍

Lee Ritenour
Diana Krall
Ketama
Dir en grey
U2
Movie and game Music
Santana
Stan Getz
Norah Jones
Tower of Power
Sergio Mendes
Jaurim