• I'm not much of a music fan

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • All of them

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Mycernius

The Hairy Wookie
4 Feb 2005
I'm sitting here on a warm Sunday and, feeling bored, decided to go into create poll thread mode. The question is simple; which decade had the best music for you? The 1950s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, or 2000 onwards?
I'll go for the 1970s. The start of Queen, Madness and ZZ Top. The really bad taste in clothes. Plus I was born in 1970.

Last edited:
My vote's for the 1960's: The Beatles, The Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Beach Boys, The Monkees (just kidding), The Jackson 5, Motown, the list goes on and on!
👍

P.S.
You forgot about Disco, Mycernius! But that's okay, I like Disco!
:D

i`ve picked all.
I like Queen and Stones, Pink Floid and The Beatles
But Armstrong and Sinatra work for me as well. Elvis is pretty good either. Some modern pops can have good music and i enjoy it.
And who can compete with classics anyway :D

most definitely the 80's !! SO much good music in the 80's :) Oh..If only I was born in the 70's :(

Gosh, I don't know. I'd have to go with all of them. I like some of the 50's doo-wop stuff, I like the Motown of the 60's and also the music of the late 60's like Hendrix, Joplin, THE DOORS(my favorite band ever), etc. Then I like the 70's rock bands like Steve Miller Band, Allman Brothers, Bad Company, Journey, and even some disco. I like the 80's too. Lots of good stuff there. I can't even begin to name any of the 80's music because I like so much of it. The 90's was good for the grunge scene and also the rap scene, which I like both, believe it or not. Good grunge bands like Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soudgarden, to even Nine Inch Nails. Rap was good in that decade(to me, ok) because of artists such as A Tribe Called Quest, Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, the early Snoop, Public Enemy, etc.

From my point of view, music that has been made post year 2000 hasn't been as good as the 5 decades prior. That's just me, though.

hmmm. My grandparents raised me, so I am pretty much use to listening to Oldies.

I'll listen to anything from 1940s and Up. I voted for 1950s. Who can forget the nice music with out all the curse words, and slang going on. :)

ALthough I love listening to Punk rock, so I am use to hearing curse words, and slang haha. But sometimes, you need to go back in time and listen to the really good stuff.

How about every era? I love all kinds of music (even though I listen to 70's classic rock, 80's music, and 90's rock the most). There is just too much good music to list in each era (except now, the music today is crap).

Doc

Damn! Forgot all about Pink Floyd, Hendrix and The Doors! See? I told you there was so much good stuff from the 60's! But I like the 70's and early 80's too. Today's music just doesn't compare in my mind.

flashjeff said:
My vote's for the 1960's: The Beatles, The Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Beach Boys, The Monkees (just kidding), The Jackson 5, Motown, the list goes on and on!

The Jackson 5? In the 60's?

Tsuyoiko said:
The Doors are my favourite band too!
Careful. We could get Jpop on this band
OMG *sighs, Drops dead* WFTABCDEFGHIJ + smilies etc, etc :D

I promise I will not go J-Pop on The Doors. That would be sacrilege. :p

Besides, Jim Morrison could like blow on all those guys and they'd tumble over like Dominos. Just no comparison there. I don't even want to think about the two at the same time... :eek:

Mamoru-kun said:
Pffff...I was just wondering what age was really Michael! LOL 😌

Well, I think Wacko Jacko is 47. Hard to believe, huh, especially since he acts like he's about seven!

Mamoru-kun said:
...I feel older now, thank you! :eek: 😭

Glad to have been of service! Hey, I remember seeing Jacko and brothers on American Bandstand when he was still a kid, so how do you think I feel?

ah dude...all era's produced fantastic music...saying that, haven't seen much in the last 5 years (band wise) that i would call 'fantastic'. Especially in the UK, british bands suck at the moment...i'm tired of seeing pretty boys with guitars in their funny little suits with their funny little haircuts! That's not what rock n' roll is all about! The only time a rockstar wears a suit is when they go to court for throwing a TV out of a hotel window!
When was the last time you saw Ozzy wearing black leather loafers???

sorry for the rant...so basicaly, my vote is for all of them!

What? Music started in the 1950s? Why is there no option for the 1930s or 1940s?

I'd say with the exception of the '70s, the best era for music was any time before I was born.

mikecash said:
What? Music started in the 1950s? Why is there no option for the 1930s or 1940s?

Yeah, that had crossed my mind too.

I like Big Band stuff like Glenn Miller.

Back
Top Bottom