What's new

Monbukagakusho Undergraduate 2016

Hello everyone I am Vasilis from Greece. I plan on applying for the Monbusho scholarship this year. Wish you all thr best luck. Two questions:
1.Could someone please send me the exam papers from 2011 up till now?

2.What is the possibility of getting accepted to one of the 3 courses you will propose initialy and can I make certain I will be on an english course if I pass?

Last edited by a moderator:
hello! I'm also applying for the undergrad 2016, i tried last year but sadly, i did not pass the first screening (i didnt take the exam, since you have to pass the screening of the embassy then exam, if you pass then there's interview) it was maybe because i was too young, i don't really know. so im trying again this year. hopefully i can go to japan next year. there are previous undergrad exams with answer, you could find them online and use them as reference for studying, i hope this helps somehow.

requirements are usually in the guidelines of the scholarship, you could also search and download it.

*Im very happy to see gintama fans here! like really! im excited for the anime"

sore de wa, hajimemashita minna-san! Yoroshiku!!!!

Hello, is anyone here a Filipino?
I am currently confused about the level of education in Philippines comparing to Japan or other country. Philippines do only have 10 years of studies (6 in elementary, 4 in secondary) which is not similar to other countries which basically have 12 years of study.
Please help me with this issue. I'm a bit worried. Fellow Filipinos, fellow Scholars, fellow yes-not-so Otakus (oops), fellow humans --- tasukete kudasai!

"And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."
Matthew 21:22 (Hope this verse open up your mind)
God Bless!

Hi everyone, my name is Camila and i'm from Chile
My plan is apply for the monbukagakusho this year, the thing is i'm currently a senior at high school and everyone says that is imposible to get the scholarship at my age (17)... is that true?
Thanks 😅
Good luck for everyone.

hello all, i'm from indonesia and i planned to join the 2016 MEXT, wish uguys all good luck!!! i have a question though, my birthday is 14th january and this year (2015) i'm 20, does it mean i'm not qualified anymore to join 2017's MEXT?

yoroshiku onegaishimasu minna-san

こんにちわ、みんあーさん。。
僕わDioです。よろしくお願いします。。。
I'm from Indonesia, and tbh, I'm a little bit scared right now for the requirement to take the test for monbukagakusho 2016...
I'm not that good at math and science thingy.. Oh, and forgive me if this question seems stupid or so but, 'What is EJU and what its function as? Is it like monbuka?'

ありがとうございました。:geek::geek::geek:

hello all, i'm from indonesia and i planned to join the 2016 MEXT, wish uguys all good luck!!! i have a question though, my birthday is 14th january and this year (2015) i'm 20, does it mean i'm not qualified anymore to join 2017's MEXT?

yoroshiku onegaishimasu minna-san
Applicants generally must have been born between April 2, 1994 and April 1, 1999.

Hello Again!

Does anyone here have a copy of 2011 undergraduate exam? If anyone do have it, please kindly send it to my email - [email protected]~
Thank you!

Just finished reading the 2015 MEXT thread, it made me kinda nervous. And I find this thread less active than the past one.

Anyway, "do your best, and God will do the rest!"

Cesar - The age limit is 17-21 by april of the said year, unfortunately you might not get it if you wont take it this year.:(
~~~~~~~~~

Hope we all pass together.

Where are the people here...

I know Revhea
I can not edit my comment.
Applicants generally must have been born between April 2, 1994 and April 1, 1999.
2017 MEXT
Applicants generally must have been born between April 2, 1995 and April 1, 2000.

こんいちは!
Hello eveyone, new here! I'm from Turkey and I guess I will apply too, but I have some questions.
I will apply for engineering, and I really want to know that how many people ace these tests? I think it's important
And I asked someone who is a member of consulate if Japanese knowledge is required, and she said to me that it isn't. She said that it was just important to be willing to learn Japanese at Japan. At least for Turkey. Is that same for all you guys?

こんいちは!
Hello eveyone, new here! I'm from Turkey and I guess I will apply too, but I have some questions.
I will apply for engineering, and I really want to know that how many people ace these tests? I think it's important
And I asked someone who is a member of consulate if Japanese knowledge is required, and she said to me that it isn't. She said that it was just important to be willing to learn Japanese at Japan. At least for Turkey. Is that same for all you guys?
In our country (Philippines) yes, but it's kind of a plus for those who will take the test.

Wagatta! ^^
Well good luck! Do you know Japanese? I can recommend you some apps-websites if you want. Even in 1 month anyone can learn a lot of things.
And how do you study people??? What kinds of things do you do especially?

Wagatta! ^^
Well good luck! Do you know Japanese? I can recommend you some apps-websites if you want. Even in 1 month anyone can learn a lot of things.
I don't know any Japanese, I'm focusing on math and physics 'cause I'm taking Natural Science. But it would be helpful if you'll recommend me one Ilay. Thanks.

I'm doing pretty good, thanks~ ^^
And you?
No problem~ ^^
Actually, I'm most likely not gonna reapply this year..if I'm to give it one more try it'll be next year, which is my last chance.. >.<
What about you? ^^

The applications start opening around April but it depends on the country..so like rye said, you should check with your embassy~ ^^
Hellooo, i'm fine thanks :D but studying as hard as i can, man i need some sleep ;-;
Oh really? but why not this year? xD this exam happens once a year, please reconsider this...
I'm kinda anxious, but I decided that I'll try this year ^^

hello! I'm also applying for the undergrad 2016, i tried last year but sadly, i did not pass the first screening (i didnt take the exam, since you have to pass the screening of the embassy then exam, if you pass then there's interview) it was maybe because i was too young, i don't really know. so im trying again this year. hopefully i can go to japan next year. there are previous undergrad exams with answer, you could find them online and use them as reference for studying, i hope this helps somehow.

requirements are usually in the guidelines of the scholarship, you could also search and download it.

*Im very happy to see gintama fans here! like really! im excited for the anime"

sore de wa, hajimemashita minna-san! Yoroshiku!!!!
Kochirakoso yoroshiku gintama fellow ^^~
Me too! I can't believe Gintama will be back in a few days ... Did you already watch the new PV? OMG I loved the animation's quality, can't wait for it xD

Wagatta! ^^
Hello, welcome! In Brazil the consulate said that Japanese knowledge is required for Human Sciences A and B.
I'm going for Japanese Language course, so could you, please, recommend me these apps?
And about your last question, I'm studying with my old books, watching some videos and doing MEXT past papers, but I'm focusing on math things like integrals, figures and equations... And for Japanese I'm watching animes, movies, first with no subtitles to listen and see what I understand, then I put them on. I also listen j-songs with japanese lyrics (hiragana, katakana, kanji) I think it's a pretty good exercise to memorize vocabulary. What about you? Which course are you going? ^^

Hello minna. Yoroshiku :x3:
Im from malaysia n applying for undergrad in qs n architecture.
Is there anyone from malaysia too?
Btw, i hope the written test will be not so tricky this year, as the past year's quite hard. Hmmm esp maths n physics. Quite bad on physics thou. Demo, ganbaruyo minna!!! Yosh!

Guys do you have any idea what is minimum score for this exam for india or at least world avg

Do they award marks based on how we solve or just the answer??
I m wondering too bout the average marks to pass the exam in order to get selected to the interview..

Hello minna :) . Im from the philippines and I will apply for the Mext Undergraduate Scholarship 2016 too. I noticed there is also a person here from the philippines. I just want to remind her and other filipino applicants that unlike other countries, we only have 10 academic years from elementary to high school because we lack middle school which is 2 years. So for you to apply for this scholarship, you have to study 1st year college first and then apply. So that the next year (during your 2nd year college), you would have completed 12 academic years and can qualify for the scholarship. I hope this helped :)

Hello, welcome! In Brazil the consulate said that Japanese knowledge is required for Human Sciences A and B.
I'm going for Japanese Language course, so could you, please, recommend me these apps?
And about your last question, I'm studying with my old books, watching some videos and doing MEXT past papers, but I'm focusing on math things like integrals, figures and equations... And for Japanese I'm watching animes, movies, first with no subtitles to listen and see what I understand, then I put them on. I also listen j-songs with japanese lyrics (hiragana, katakana, kanji) I think it's a pretty good exercise to memorize vocabulary. What about you? Which course are you going? ^^
Okay, there are a lot of them actually.
Human Japanese | Download ----> This one gives free 8 lessons, well I paid for the other parts I think it's really cheap for this app. It worths. But in the first HJ it's only polite language. I guess in the second -intermediate- one has daily speeches, too.
WaniKani, a kanji learning application by Tofugu ----> This one is for Kanji, which I think the hardest part. It also wants money, but I think free part of this is enough for 3 months. I think this app is really good for mobile, because it always sends notifications and keep you in it.
Learning, made joyful - Memrise ----> I think some of you may know this website/app. I think this is one of the best ways to memorise anything. Not only languages.
Multi-lingual language learning and language exchange | Lang-8: For learning foreign languages ---> This website is also good, you write something and they correct your grammar mistakes. You can find a lot of friends, too. People are so helpful here.
For more and more ---->
Well, for me I don't know which course I'll apply. Because here I want to be an Industrial Engineer, but in Japan I couldn't find that department. I guess I'll choose the closest one.
And also here I'm studying for my university entrance exam, which has the exact same lessons and subjects with MEXT. I guess I'm kinda lucky because I need to study same thing one way or another, but I don't take English for 1,5 years so I've forgotten the grammar and I need to study English more than the others...
Also in Turkey our exams are way too hard than these MEXT tests, are there in any country also??? I heard that Turkey took their education schedule from Japan in the first years that country has established but I'm not sure.
In Turkey they recommend only 1-2 people I think I'm kinda unlucky I don't know :(

Last edited:
Hello minna :) . Im from the philippines and I will apply for the Mext Undergraduate Scholarship 2016 too. I noticed there is also a person here from the philippines. I just want to remind her and other filipino applicants that unlike other countries, we only have 10 academic years from elementary to high school because we lack middle school which is 2 years. So for you to apply for this scholarship, you have to study 1st year college first and then apply. So that the next year (during your 2nd year college), you would have completed 12 academic years and can qualify for the scholarship. I hope this helped :)
Thanks Allen. Now I'm really confused :( . In our Embassy's website (Embassy of Japan in the Philippines says that the qualification needed is that you have to graduate in High School by March of the year of departure. So it apparently means that you only need to graduate on High School standard level of the Philippines as long as your age is 17-21. Which is in the Application Guide says that "Applicants must either have completed a 12-year regular course of school education or have graduated from a school equivalent to an upper secondary school in Japan." That's why I thought in Philippines you only need to pass high school.

Did you ask that information from the embassy?

Hello everyone I am Vasilis from Greece. I plan on applying for the Monbusho scholarship this year. Wish you all thr best luck. Two questions:
1.Could someone please send me the exam papers from 2011 up till now?

2.What is the possibility of getting accepted to one of the 3 courses you will propose initialy and can I make certain I will be on an english course if I pass?

Hiya! I'm from Greece too ^^

Idk about how likely it is to get accepted and stuff but as for the English course, that's something you'll have to look into 'cause it depends on the university as far as I know.

Yay, more Gintama fans! :D

There's nothing about being too young~ as long as you're within the age limit you can get the scholarship even at 17 ^^

こんいちは!

It's not required here either but it can help to know a little Japanese ^^
But yeah, it's still not necessary xD

Hellooo, i'm fine thanks :D but studying as hard as i can, man i need some sleep ;-;
Oh really? but why not this year? xD this exam happens once a year, please reconsider this...
I'm kinda anxious, but I decided that I'll try this year ^^

Hehe, do your best but don't overwork yourself! ^^
I don't really want it for the right reasons this year..I still love Japan and really wanna go but my applying this year would be more so I can just know I'm doing something with my future and so I can meet some friends rather than because I really want to study in Japan and major in Japanese..so yeah..I wanna try and figure out what I want rather than go through the whole process again when I'm not sure about it xD
You should definitely give it a go, it's worth giving it a shot :D

Back
Top Bottom