What's new

Monbukagakusho Undergraduate 2016

Hey guys. An Indian here. And yeah I guess I'll be applying for the 2016 undergrad scholarship. What I'm scared about though is Japanese Language test. I have next to zero knowledge of it. Next to zero in the negative direction on the number line :p

Hey, I'm actually applying for the 2016 scholarship this year, I've been studying as if it was for the SAT/CAT test... do you know any more specific kind of study material or so?

Thanks!
I'd say just brush up your concepts real good. Seeing the papers I say they test it very much.

Hi, i have a question about this scholarship. Is it possible to apply if you're outside the birthday limit? (it's already 1993-1998 for last year). 'Cause I'd love to try again this year but I was born < 1993. :arghh:

Oh and those who want the test paper for 2012 and 2013, I have it. Or maybe, you could try checking the japan-embassy website for your country, because I found mine from there (note: I'm from Indonesia). There's also the answer key too.

Hi, i have a question about this scholarship. Is it possible to apply if you're outside the birthday limit? (it's already 1993-1998 for last year). 'Cause I'd love to try again this year but I was born < 1993. :arghh:

Oh and those who want the test paper for 2012 and 2013, I have it. Or maybe, you could try checking the japan-embassy website for your country, because I found mine from there (note: I'm from Indonesia). There's also the answer key too.
No. You can't apply outside the age limit. It explicitly says so. What bout the Japanese Paper. Did you attempt it? Do you know any friend who did?

No. You can't apply outside the age limit. It explicitly says so. What bout the Japanese Paper. Did you attempt it? Do you know any friend who did?

Yeah, well, I kinda hope I still can apply since there's a part of the info where state that registration period for 2013-graduate (and above) is different than the 2014-graduates... (I know, it's a bit... too far of an assumption, ahahaha).

By Japanese Paper, do you mean the Research Student one?
If yes, no, I didn't and neither did the people I know.

For those who wants the 2012-2013 test questions, you can visit:
Informasi Beasiswa & Pendidikan -> japan embassy site for Indonesia.

(I have uploaded it here too)

There're links to the test papers under the
"Soal-soal ujian tertulis Beasiswa Monbukagakusho " text
(translates to "Exam Questions for Monbukagakusho Scholarship", if you don't know Bahasa).

The "Kunci Jawaban" is the Answer Key.

Oh, for those who doesn't know:
S1 = Undergraduate,
D-3 = College of Technology,
and so on.
(You can find it from the side navigation on the embassy site.)

Hello guys!
Actually I'm a fourth year high school student in the Philippines ( equivalent to Grade 10). I am planning to take the Monbukagakusho examinations next year and I am a little bit worried because I really have no knowledge when it comes to Nihonggo. I am not that intelligent guy but I am doing my best to study it. Do you have any books that can help me study the langauge? Can you please send it to my email [email protected]

And again, do anyone here have the previous exams aside from 2007- 2010? I mean 2011- 2013 examination of Monbukagakusho? May I request someone to send also to my email hahaha.

I really want to have this scholarship that's why I want to study at such an earlier time to have a bigger chance of passing ( even just for answering the examination) it.

I hope we get the scholarship! Wishing all a good luck! =)

Hello guys!
Actually I'm a fourth year high school student in the Philippines ( equivalent to Grade 10). I am planning to take the Monbukagakusho examinations next year and I am a little bit worried because I really have no knowledge when it comes to Nihonggo. I am not that intelligent guy but I am doing my best to study it. Do you have any books that can help me study the langauge? Can you please send it to my email [email protected]

And again, do anyone here have the previous exams aside from 2007- 2010? I mean 2011- 2013 examination of Monbukagakusho? May I request someone to send also to my email hahaha.

I really want to have this scholarship that's why I want to study at such an earlier time to have a bigger chance of passing ( even just for answering the examination) it.

こんにちは minna!

I just joined the forum, and thank god I've found this place. I'll be applying for the 2016 Scholarship as well! Best of luck to us all!
Yeah I'm not an expert, but from the looks of it, Japanese is NOT MANDATORY. NO. IT'S NOT. ENOUGH. LEARN IT HERE.
JAPANESE IS NOT MANDATORY. But, it's a pretty big plus, since let's face it, who talks Japanese in Turkey? (For my case I mean) Still, I'd like to learn the level of Math tests, since it's not my strong point. Does anybody know which subjects they are asking people? You should do your best to attend to your bad points.
And Squishy, what was that about the LINE group?

Last edited:
Hello guys!

The answer to your question lies above you friend. :D Read margie's reply in the topic.

Hello..my name is anshul and i am from india..i want to crack mext exam..can anyone tell me the syllabus and how can i get previous year papers of 2012,13 and 14

Hello..my name is anshul and i am from india..i want to crack mext exam..can anyone tell me the syllabus and how can i get previous year papers of 2012,13 and 14

Hello new friend. We all want to crack the MEXT exam :) Well I wouldn't know about the syllabus but you can access the papers of 2012/13 in a post above yours. Read the previous posts. As for 2014 papers, that program will be finished in 1-7 April 2015, so until that, I guess you can't find those papers. Still, if you do, light me up.

Hi! Actually me too. But if we will strive hard to learn Mathematics, it will increase the chance that we can answer some of the test questions. =)

You can do it, just believe in yourself!
Take a few lessons or study hard if you need brushing up. It greatly increases confidence and I'm sure you'll be able to answer.

On a side note, when are the exams usually held? I know I'm given a week to prepare the documents for screening but I would like to prepare ahead to avoid problems. Anyone knows?

Seriously, don't worry about it xD
Idk how much of an advantage Japanese can give you but regardless of how big that advantage may be it's still pretty small compared to the advantage other lessons may give you. So for whoever doesn't know Japanese it's no big deal really if you don't know Japanese (unless if your country has different standards..so ask your embassy/consulate to be entirely sure) and if you do know some Japanese that's great but don't make Japanese your priority.

Umm..as far as that goes I really don't know..I think you gotta live in your country of nationality to apply but I'm not entirely sure so it's better you ask at the embassy.. >.<

Yep! I can't wait! I really wanna see the manga arcs animated *-* xD
Hehe, yep! :D
Hope they work for you! Idk if you came across it but there's a guy on YouTube who's username is yaymath and I'd found him really helpful~ ^^
Happy new year! May we all make our dreams come true! ^^
In most places you're required to take it but you don't necessarily have to get a good result~
Umm..I don't have it saved but it should come up if you google it >.<
Hey Squishy, how are you? Thank you for the video tip! Now we have a few months to prepare for MEXT, how is your situation? hope everything is fine ~~ ^^

こんにちは minna!

I just joined the forum, and thank god I've found this place. I'll be applying for the 2016 Scholarship as well! Best of luck to us all!
Yeah I'm not an expert, but from the looks of it, Japanese is NOT MANDATORY. NO. IT'S NOT. ENOUGH. LEARN IT HERE.
JAPANESE IS NOT MANDATORY. But, it's a pretty big plus, since let's face it, who talks Japanese in Turkey? (For my case I mean) Still, I'd like to learn the level of Math tests, since it's not my strong point. Does anybody know which subjects they are asking people? You should do your best to attend to your bad points.
And Squishy, what was that about the LINE group?
Hello buddy, math content resembles to EJU, according to the embassy. Take a look here!
EJU Syllabus-JASSO

Hi guys, just wanted to ask when will the application for the Monbukagakusho scholarship 2016 be open?
Try to consult your embassy, but in my country (Brazil) is expected to happen in June :)
But, reinforcing, contact your embassy to make sure :D

I'm doing pretty good, thanks~ ^^
And you?
No problem~ ^^
Actually, I'm most likely not gonna reapply this year..if I'm to give it one more try it'll be next year, which is my last chance.. >.<
What about you? ^^

The applications start opening around April but it depends on the country..so like rye said, you should check with your embassy~ ^^

Hi, guys ^^
I recently got informed about this scholarship. I have searched some information.
I'm from Peru and according to the EJU syllabus, there are many topics I didn't see in high school.
I want to study since now to apply for the scholarship this year. Does anybody can suggest me some books for Math, Chemestry and Physics? I'll try to download them or maybe to search in a library of my country.
Wait your suggestions, thanks in advance.
And... Good luck for everyone who will apply this year! :)

Hey guys. An Indian here. And yeah I guess I'll be applying for the 2016 undergrad scholarship. What I'm scared about though is Japanese Language test. I have next to zero knowledge of it. Next to zero in the negative direction on the number line :p
Hi i am also indian
I have some knowledge abt japanese (from anime) but i dont think it will be helpful for a written exam

Guys do you have any idea what is minimum score for this exam for india or at least world avg

Do they award marks based on how we solve or just the answer??

Back
Top Bottom