What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

MEXT Scholarship Undergraduate 2012

hjordis

先輩
Reaction score
Well if you want to go to a school that teaches in English I guess you can do direct placement, but you'll have to get admitted on your own, which could be more trouble than it's worth. If you want to do the prep school then you'll have to go to a school that teaches in Japanese I think, but the year of prep should be fine as long as you take it seriously. People have gotten the scholarship without any Japanese before and been fine, but usually Japanese helps you get the scholarship.

As for your grades, it depends on the country. My high school grades weren't very good and I still got to test last year, but in other countries(usually with more applicants) your grades have to be good.

samuro

先輩
Reaction score
the exam's done here in Indonesia
They organised it in 11st July for the Undergraduate Course, and 12nd for both The College of Technology and Professional Training College
One of The Embassy Officer told me that the interview will be conducted in 9th August and the shortlisted applicants will be informed a week before that.
Btw I'm Applying for the College of Technology Program. I've Applied for this scholarship last year and made it into the final stage, which is the boring 4 months waiting, and failed :(
People told me that they reduced the budget due to the economical crisis which occurred last year ( it was before the Earthquake and Tsunami)
I hope they don't cut the budget for this year's screening 👍

YoyoC

先輩
Reaction score
Hi guys, just a little question: when filling the application form, in fields of study, you write only subjects (e.g. Literature, History)? and you don't need to write universities? I don't actually understand, are you choosing university you want to study in yourself or does MEXT do that?

yovitaadj

後輩
Reaction score
Well if you want to go to a school that teaches in English I guess you can do direct placement, but you'll have to get admitted on your own, which could be more trouble than it's worth. If you want to do the prep school then you'll have to go to a school that teaches in Japanese I think, but the year of prep should be fine as long as you take it seriously. People have gotten the scholarship without any Japanese before and been fine, but usually Japanese helps you get the scholarship.

As for your grades, it depends on the country. My high school grades weren't very good and I still got to test last year, but in other countries(usually with more applicants) your grades have to be good.

I'm planning to apply for Undergrad MEXT 2013 scholarship,
Sorry if I dont post this in the suitable thread, but I want to ask some people who've been experienced with all of this.

My question; if we want to go to English program, we can go to direct placement, right? But if it's okay (for me it's okay) to take one year prep in Japanese language, should I include the 'Direct Placement attachment' in the application, or not?
If I include the attachment, does it affect the document screening test?

thx! XD

Top Bottom