What's new

MEXT Scholarship for Postgraduate 2010: General Discussions.

Good luck you guys!!!

Enjoy your study in Japan.

@Hawk. Sorry to hear that, better luck next year I hope!

Just got final notification from Todai that I got the scholarship. This is after winning it, but being unable to use it via embassy recommendation, then having to apply through my university to win THEIR recommendation (university recommendation) and beat all the others out AGAIN.

Had to win it TWICE to get it for real... :D

Are there people still waiting for final confirmation?

It's already March and they want people to go in April. Seems very tight to me.

I am still waiting. Although I got an informal verbal acceptance by my professor I still can't really plan anything ahead with the official confirmation and information package.

I'm still waiting for the packaged letter, but the embassy already confirmed my acceptance by e-mail and gave all the other info and the university confirmed my dorm. So I guess that I'm safe apart from having to wait for the paperwork.:)

to all Malaysians new comers:

hi to all malaysians new comers for 2010. I congratz to those succeeded. Im a Malaysian currently studying in Kyoto. So if anyone of you are coming to here for your postgraduate as well. Please contact me, we hope to organize a welcome party for you guys.

Just got the long awaited news today. I failed the secondary screening. Good luck and congrats to all who succeeded.

Hey Guys!

Im interested in applying for the scholarship through the embassy this year as a research student. I have been in correspondence with a professor in japan who is willing to accept me as his student. I was wondering if I included a letter from my professor stating our situation; would it help increase my chances to get past the document selection, or would this be frowned upon by the embassy?

Ive read that some of you may have been in a similar situation as me, but it wasn't clear what you guys did. Did you guys just use the fact that you already have a professor only during the interview stage or did you also include a cover letter for the document selection stage?

My..been a while since my last visit,

I see we got a mixed comment here about the acceptance, Congrats then to all who already got their ticket to Japan, and please don't lose hope to those who yet succeed last year, if this is your dream, just believe that persistence and perseverance pay...

@Poopy
IMHO the letter from the Professor, or we can say those as recommendation letter, is indeed valuable asset for document screening stage. It show the embassy staff that you are serious by having clear purpose and study plan.
I can say this for sure because judging from the flag, we live in the same country and of course you will submit your apps to the same embassy as I did last year, so if I were you, don't worry about being frowned by the embassy, again it is a valuable asset.
Then again though it is valuable, you must never forget the most important and valuable, IMHO, still comes from your research proposal/study plan...but if you already secure recommendation letter from the Japanese Professor, I guess you already have good research proposal.

Good luck and ah don't forget to post your progress in Monbusho 2011 thread. It's always nice for the post to be organized under the right thread. Cheers !!!

hmnn... where's the list of people going to where this year 2010? would be nice to have a ref...
at least u know who's the new junior to bully! >.<'''

the university informed me that they just completed the application to MEXT scholarship. official confirmation will come this June.

anyone in the same situation? i'm not really familiar with the schedule of the Japanese government. i submitted my application documents to the university and they are the ones who forwarded it to MEXT.

Monbusho.org

By the way, if anyone was thinking of joining a web community for MEXTers aside from the facebook one that our dear Neoxtremex set up...

I would NOT recommend Monbusho.org. I tried to sign up there over a month ago to reach current and past MEXT scholars, but they're pretty rude and unclear on what they need.

If you DO try to sign up, keep in mind that you have to be a current or past MEXT scholar (as in do NOT try to sign up if you're just applying for it. You have to have already received the scholarship), and you have to give them as much information as possible in your "comments" section. That section is actually your application to join the website, which they don't actually tell you until it's too late.

Thumbs down on that website. :auch:

By the way, if anyone was thinking of joining a web community for MEXTers aside from the facebook one that our dear Neoxtremex set up...

I would NOT recommend Monbusho.org. I tried to sign up there over a month ago to reach current and past MEXT scholars, but they're pretty rude and unclear on what they need.

If you DO try to sign up, keep in mind that you have to be a current or past MEXT scholar (as in do NOT try to sign up if you're just applying for it. You have to have already received the scholarship), and you have to give them as much information as possible in your "comments" section. That section is actually your application to join the website, which they don't actually tell you until it's too late.

Thumbs down on that website. :auch:

I try that **** a month ago and I was rejected. **** that.. lol

I'm glad that, despite everyone's worries, the stipends weren't reduced (or, if they were, by like 5,000 yen, which is nothing compared to the 50% drop people were talking about).

Hello,
First thing I have to say is: good luck to everyone
Second: I have some problems .. with MEXT , I am trying to apply here in Romania but it seems like the Japanese embassy doesn't support my field of study (art) ..do you have any suggestions?

Hi friends,

How are you doing? Many of you must be in Japan now.
My prof. informed that I was just upgraded from subtitude to main list candidate. I now still cannot believe that I will be heading Nagoya in early October. Thank you all for encouraging me before.

hi there everyone...
i'm from malaysia..taking psychology..
this is my first time applying for MEXT..
hope that we can keep in touch..and exchange information..
i just received an email from miss yin about the interview session..
but i'm not really sure what i should do next..
at least before the interview session..
can anyone give me a quick reply?
thank you..

Hey everybody

I will apply for Mext scholarship next week and this is my first time to apply for any scholarship so i'm a bit nervous. I am applying for master course in economics. The problem is that my average mark (did i use the right word?) during my studies is 7.0. I think it is low and because of that i am afraid that i will not be accepted.

My question is , for all of you who have been accepted for MEXT scholarship 2010, what was your average mark during studies and does it play a key role in selecting process?

sorry for my english :)

grade for MEXT

Hey everybody
I will apply for Mext scholarship next week and this is my first time to apply for any scholarship so i'm a bit nervous. I am applying for master course in economics. The problem is that my average mark (did i use the right word?) during my studies is 7.0. I think it is low and because of that i am afraid that i will not be accepted.
My question is , for all of you who have been accepted for MEXT scholarship 2010, what was your average mark during studies and does it play a key role in selecting process?
sorry for my english :)

a higher grade (mark) during college will surely help.

there is no harm in trying even if you have an average mark. just make sure you write a good research proposal. accomplish all forms correctly. good luck!

By the way it is june already. the waiting game for MEXT scholarship begins! at least for me and for some people here! good luck to us!

Last edited:
@BuDZ - nice...you are also pinoy. When did you submit your application for postgrad? I submitted mine last May 21. Well its true... we are waiting for this long process...goodluck and I hope we get accepted.

Back
Top Bottom