What's new

MEXT Scholarship 2012

Your gradschool will contact you re arrangements soon. As for me, i am waiting for their instructions too as they've said they are finalizing things re accommodation, tutor and possibly, pickup from airport (?).

Btw, i'm arriving 2nd April and will be staying in Odaiba too! See you all! :)

Hi maria1111, thanks for your reply.....today I have received an email where the gradschool international office explained the same that they are finalizing things. An airport pickup is mandatory for me as i have zero knowledge in Japanese language (even i don know single Japanese letter :p )

Hi maria1111, thanks for your reply.....today I have received an email where the gradschool international office explained the same that they are finalizing things. An airport pickup is mandatory for me as i have zero knowledge in Japanese language (even i don know single Japanese letter :p )

Hey guys! I ve already received instructions and schedule from International Department. They told me I should go from airport directly to Odaiba dorm... And guys, I guess no one is going to pick you up at the airport. We are supposed to go to dorm by ourselves, as far as I know ^^ As I investigated the cheapest way is by Keisei, from Narita to Shinbashi (norikae at Oshiage) then from Shinbashi to Funenokagakukan eki ^^ Well study starts April 9, and first of all I must go to Alien registration, then open the bank account and so on, so on ^^

there is no response about the dorm from the nagoya university :(, is there anybody else in this situation??

I will be going to Nagoya University too. Regarding the dorm, I already got the decision last week. At first, I emailed the international office staff regarding the info. However, there were still no reply in 1-2 days and I decided to inform my academic advisor and explained my situation. After she pushed the staff (in Japanese), I got the info in a short time.

You should emailed them ASAP.

Hey guys! I ve already received instructions and schedule from International Department. They told me I should go from airport directly to Odaiba dorm... And guys, I guess no one is going to pick you up at the airport. We are supposed to go to dorm by ourselves, as far as I know ^^ As I investigated the cheapest way is by Keisei, from Narita to Shinbashi (norikae at Oshiage) then from Shinbashi to Funenokagakukan eki ^^ Well study starts April 9, and first of all I must go to Alien registration, then open the bank account and so on, so on ^^

Hi KZSakurako, My supervisor has assigned a student from his lab to pick me up at the airport. So i think you should your supervisor for something similar if you feel that necessary.

Hi everybody,

As Turkey Section, the embassy gave us a reception in the house of the ambassador, it was so exciting. How about you?

I was also on a Mext scholarship recipients party/meeting at the ambassador's residency three weeks ago. It was so nice.
We had a tea ceremony demonstration, a delicious lunch and off course such a wonderful time. I also met some Japanese who live in my country mostly teaching Japanese on University.

I met other people from my country who are going with me in April and as they already were in Japan I could hear their advice and
impressions.
sake was good, too :D

GrampusN how are you going to Nagoya? (it is Nagoya Uni, right?)

I am going on April 1st via Frankurt, probably directly to Nagoya Chuubu Airport (NGO)...

Yes it is Nagoya University. I will go to Nagoya via Narita Airport. I have sended to you a private message,.
I have also sended to powell but i think that he couldn't see it....

hey guys going to Odaiba... Any of you guys got information regarding the payment of the dormitory fees and entrance fees. Like when are we required to pay the fees for the first month...

hi espee,

Ive already had to pay my dormitory fees etc. I leave for Japan on Sunday.

I'm interested in knowing if you guys do this when you get to Japan.

hi Serene, I have been told by the OIS at Univ of Tokyo that I can pay the monthly rent of the first month at the end of April (means after you get the first stipend) however you need to pay the admission fee to the dorm..

Will leave tomorrow. Was busy in Seminar till evening. Too tired to do the final packing. Though happy :)

Hi! For those people staying in TIEC Odaiba, when will you be registering for the Alien Registration Card, i was wondering if maybe we can go together?

Hi! For those people staying in TIEC Odaiba, when will you be registering for the Alien Registration Card, i was wondering if maybe we can go together?
Hi maria1111, too late to recieve your message sorry. I have already done my registration with the help of someone knows japaneese. i hope you also have done this by the time....btw how you are getting everything...

Hi everyone! I just wanna ask if you really have to pass all the exams that you are about to take (including Japanese)? I'm applying for MEXT this month and hopefully I could receive a mail that says I am qualified to take the exam.

---------- Post added at 22:06 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

hey,
what's the diference between Research students and College of technology students???
and which one i choose since i'm in year1 master's degree something related to informatics and computer science???

Hi maria 1111, I'm applying for 2013 MEXT. What can you advice me since we came from the same country.? Haha. I want this scholarship so much! Do you have great grades in your university? How about the exams and interview?

Can someone please reply? My heart's gonna burst. :))

Yes it is Nagoya University. I will go to Nagoya via Narita Airport. I have sended to you a private message,.
I have also sended to powell but i think that he couldn't see it....

Dude congrats. I went to Nanzan uni for a year ( right next door from Nagoya university). If you have any questions pm me!

Hi maria 1111, I'm applying for 2013 MEXT. What can you advice me since we came from the same country.? Haha. I want this scholarship so much! Do you have great grades in your university? How about the exams and interview?
Can someone please reply? My heart's gonna burst. :))
Did you pass the screening for 2013? I did. Still waiting for the final notification though. I believe it will be released in December.

Hi Grampusn and Frylai.

Glad to know that you guys applied for Nagoya University. I will be at Nagoya University too, and I'll study master course in Aerospace Engineering. What about you?

Hope to meet you someday :D

Concerns about studying in Japan

Not too sure if posting this would be inappropriate over here...

1) Does anyone know what is the passing rate for the exam held at the end of the one-year language preparatory course?

2) If you pass the exam, what kind of universities are you posted to, and what are the chances of you studying your course of interest in the English Language?

Thanks for reading this.:)

Back
Top Bottom