What's new

MEXT Japanese Studies 2021/2022

(((it's so cool being able to talk to people from so different parts os the world!! just saw that you are from finland!))

How did you get that speculation lol?

Anyway, I'm still happy with my second or third choice as long as I can go to Japan!
I was looking at Waseda's Japanese language program and it seems this fall semester (September) it's all online delivery. I was just thinking that if it's online then what's the point for the gov't to send us there to do online classes lol. But like I said I'm just guessing hahaha

I was looking at Waseda's Japanese language program and it seems this fall semester (September) it's all online delivery. I was just thinking that if it's online then what's the point for the gov't to send us there to do online classes lol. But like I said I'm just guessing hahaha
Okay 😁
I've just checked their homepage. They say that in-person classes are maintained. One exception is faculty members or students with serious concerns about their health: subject to consultation with their school or graduate school, they may be allowed to move online.

I actually already got nominated for the scholarship (I didn't apply through embassy so my case is a bit different) and now I'm just waiting for the final result from MEXT. The uni I got nominated by is お茶の水女子大学!

But my friend who received this scholarship through the embassy track a few years ago got the final result in July, I wonder if it's going to take that long around this time too 🤔
Hello, I would like to know more about application for this scholarship through university recommendation track.

Would you mind if I contact you for more details? I truly appreciate if I could hear more from your experience!

Hello guys! I'm also a Nikkensei student for this year (hopefully, ahah) ^_^.
I was supposed to arrive to Japan in 2020 but my embassy proposed to postpone it to this year...had to resubmit my documents and am currently waiting for any news. Very anxious but hope everything will be fine. Nice to meet you all, by the way!😁

Hello guys! I'm also a Nikkensei student for this year (hopefully, ahah) ^_^.
I was supposed to arrive to Japan in 2020 but my embassy proposed to postpone it to this year...had to resubmit my documents and am currently waiting for any news. Very anxious but hope everything will be fine. Nice to meet you all, by the way!😁
Nice to meet you!! Cool, which university you got into?

Hello! Alvaro from Spain here. I just got a notification from Osaka University saying I have been elected (im so happy omg) but they have told me they cannot inform me about the departure day, since visa procedures are stopped due to COVID. How about you guys? Have you managed to get your Visa done?

Hello! Alvaro from Spain here. I just got a notification from Osaka University saying I have been elected (im so happy omg) but they have told me they cannot inform me about the departure day, since visa procedures are stopped due to COVID. How about you guys? Have you managed to get your Visa done?
I also finally got an official statement that I've been selected for the scholarship!
But yeah everything is still kind of unclear 😥
I'm supposed to apply for a visa next month, fingers crossed that I'll be able to get it.

I really hope we all could go to Japan this autumn!

I also finally got an official statement that I've been selected for the scholarship!
But yeah everything is still kind of unclear 😥
I'm supposed to apply for a visa next month, fingers crossed that I'll be able to get it.

I really hope we all could go to Japan this autumn!
Congrats! 😚
Yeah I got an email saying they would make me know when I can apply for a visa (hopefully next month).
Good thing is we are all together in this, and the Japanese Government surely knows how difficult and tedious this bureaucracy can get- even more with Covid making everything slower-.

Do any of you have twitter accounts?
It would be interesting to follow fellow Nikkensei students and see how everyone's doing (hopefully soon in Japan) :D

Do any of you have twitter accounts?
It would be interesting to follow fellow Nikkensei students and see how everyone's doing (hopefully soon in Japan) :D
I do! but there's mostly memes and shitposting there :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Anyway, if you all want to share your experiences with each other I'm sure we could exchange Twitter accounts (or even LINE, so we get used to Japanese habits 😇 haha)

Hey guys, congrats~~
I applied through embassy recommendation, still waiting for the final confirmation. My first choice is Osaka Uni, really hoping to get it 🤞

Last edited:
Finally I got a notification about dorm application from Tohoku university. It seems I've been accepted by Tohoku U, my second choise
I think they're letting you apply early because the dorm application deadline is near, but hang in there! You might have a good chance at being accepted.

Congratulations, everyone!
I got a confirmation from Nagoya, my second choice. So excited!

*I also have a Twitter account, by the way ^_^

Hey everyone! Just checking in to see if y'all got any updates?

I'm still waiting to be contacted by Keio :( the last time I heard from them was July 6th about applying for dorms lol
Hope to hear from them soon, I'm getting kinda anxious since it's almost August already

No updates yet as well, unfortunately -_-.
In 2020 some applicants from my country were contacted by embassy in September but I really hope it won't be that...well, messy this year😅

Hey everyone! Just checking in to see if y'all got any updates?

I'm still waiting to be contacted by Keio :( the last time I heard from them was July 6th about applying for dorms lol
Hope to hear from them soon, I'm getting kinda anxious since it's almost August already
Absolutely the same. I haven't received any confirmation from embassy or uni yet, only notification about dorm application from Tohoku university

No updates yet as well, unfortunately -_-.
In 2020 some applicants from my country were contacted by embassy in September but I really hope it won't be that...well, messy this year😅
Yikess hopefully not this time... I guess we'll just have to wait a bit more -_-

Hey guys! Anybody who got accepted by Osaka university here?
I just heard from my embassy that i got into OU!

Back
Top Bottom