What's new

MEXT Japanese Studies 2021/2022

Has anyone here taken any levels of the JLPT (maybe other Japanese tests) before? I'm curious where I stand in comparison to you guys and your fellow candidates in other countries.

I've only taken JLPT N5 many years ago (when I started learning Japanese), but my application stated that I can't apply for the scholarship unless I'm at least on N2 level, so my professor had to write a letter specifying that I have studied enough to be on that level lol.
I'm guessing most people applying would be N3/N2?

I've only taken JLPT N5 many years ago (when I started learning Japanese), but my application stated that I can't apply for the scholarship unless I'm at least on N2 level, so my professor had to write a letter specifying that I have studied enough to be on that level lol.
I'm guessing most people applying would be N3/N2?
Thanks for the info ^^ So that's kinda another LOR you have to submit for your Japanese ability (beside the official LOR)?

Btw, did you have to take a language test/an interview when applying through university track? The embassy required us to take a japanese test and an interview when applying through embassy track.

Thanks for the info ^^ So that's kinda another LOR you have to submit for your Japanese ability (beside the official LOR)?

Btw, did you have to take a language test/an interview when applying through university track? The embassy required us to take a japanese test and an interview when applying through embassy track.
I'm not 100% sure but I'd say you don't have to since you've already taken the language test. I only had an interview so I guess they needed someone to "officially" confirm my language ability (I also had to write a short essay on the application and then they asked quite a lot about it during the interview).

Hi, have you guys heard any news about the scholarship? (Both university and embassy recommendation track)

Hi, have you guys heard any news about the scholarship? (Both university and embassy recommendation track)
One university send me an email with some questions about myself, but that's all (embassy recommendation). How about you?

One university send me an email with some questions about myself, but that's all (embassy recommendation). How about you?
I still haven't received any news about the result of second screening in my country (embassy recommendation).

Could you please share the name of the university that sent you email? And is it your first choice of university preference?

Last edited:
I still haven't received any news about the result of second screening in my country (embassy recommendation).

Could you please share the name of the university that sent you email? And is it your first choice of university preference?
It's Joetsu University of Education! No, it isn't my first nor third choice, actually. And i also haven't received any news about the result from my embassy, only received this email

It's Joetsu University of Education! No, it isn't my first nor third choice, actually. And i also haven't received any news about the result from my embassy, only received this email
Thanks for the info! Hope that all of us will get the official result soon!

Hello hello!!

So glad to see people using this forum to exchange information!!

I got an email from the consulate saying that I passed the second screening on June 24th! This morning I got another email from them saying that Keio University will be contacting me as a part of their selection process!

I'm thinking they might not send people to Waseda cuz they're doing online delivery... :(

Btw I got N1 in 2017 so it's been a while now, but yeah I agree with @yuyua probably most people are at N3/N2 level

Hope you and everyone else will get some news soon!

Hello hello!!

I got an email from the consulate saying that I passed the second screening on June 24th! This morning I got another email from them saying that Keio University will be contacting me as a part of their selection process!

I'm thinking they might not send people to Waseda cuz they're doing online delivery... :(

Btw I got N1 in 2017 so it's been a while now, but yeah I agree with @yuyua probably most people are at N3/N2 level

Woww so you won't have any problems about the language in Japan!! Your embassy has said anything about the date to go to Japan?

Hello hello!!

Wow, I'm really glad for you!!! Keio is a very good uni in Japan!

Btw, is it true that MEXT might not send people to Waseda since they're doing online classes?
Hic my first choice is Waseda though 😥
I really hope that I can go to Waseda...

Woww so you won't have any problems about the language in Japan!! Your embassy has said anything about the date to go to Japan?
Noo they haven't said anything about the departure date, since it's not finalized yet.

Wow, I'm really glad for you!!! Keio is a very good uni in Japan!

Btw, is it true that MEXT might not send people to Waseda since they're doing online classes?
Hic my first choice is Waseda though 😥
I really hope that I can go to Waseda...
Thank you!!
I wanted to go to Waseda too but Keio was my second choice so I'm still glad I got my second choice!

That was just my speculation lol not any official information from the embassy

Thank you!!
I wanted to go to Waseda too but Keio was my second choice so I'm still glad I got my second choice!

How did you get that speculation lol?

Anyway, I'm still happy with my second or third choice as long as I can go to Japan!

Thank you!!

If they chose another university, wouldn't you go? I'm considering that i might go to Joetsu University (just speculation too lol), but idk it seems to be a very small uni.. 🥴🤔

Don't worry you're still young! I'm probably the oldest here lol (turning 26 this year 😢)

Still no news for me... Not gonna lie I'm kind of getting tired of waiting 😞
hahah thanks!!

Yeah, me too.. But soon the results will be announced! We just need to wait a little bit longer 🤞🏼🍀🌻

Back
Top Bottom