What's new

News Man arrested for stealing 900 pieces of underwear

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
The zeal and dedication of those underwear hoarders are truly remarkable! :oops:

A 60-year old construction worker from Osaka has been arrested for attempting to steal female underwear from a washing line in Wakayama. Upon close inspection of his home, police found more than 900 pieces of underwear nicked from homes and cars in Nara, Shiga and other areas in the Kinki region. The suspect attempted to evade arrest by fleeing in a car and hitting a police officer. Thirty more pieces of underwear were found in his car.

osaka-underwear-hoarder.jpg

Why a lot of this kind of "crime" in Japan? It's like we need to be more careful to place our underwear rather than our wallet/smartphone

The Japanese interest in bondage always seemed one of the strangest fetishes to me. Looks awkward and painful for the poor girl tied. I learned tons of knot tying in the Boy Scouts and Navy and figured I would be good at it , LOL. Lucky for me , my two years in Japan only had "normal" females and only a few run-ins with "sister boys" . I was lucky enough to be in Japan when the birth control pill was in common use , mini-skirts were in and American music was real popular which seemed to transfer to making American/British men well sought after. The fact the one US dollar bought 360Y made living their super cheap and I felt like a rich person. I've never been back , but my love for Japan has never died. I often think about what my life would have been like if I had stayed there , but my love of guns & hunting drove me to return to Maine. Different times and different ways of thinking back then from today I think.
200.gif

Last edited:
You may not know this but you can have guns and hunt in Japan. I know (in person or real life if you will) Eric (the half Japanese guy) who is a retired Navy guy who has been hunting in Japan for decades. He lives in Colorado but he keeps going back, he is making a youtube channel about it now. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDkhgXzcPILVvuXBoFLM_9w I am not a hunter myself so I am not in any of those videos. There are a lot more rules about it but you can do it.

Regarding bondage it still goes on and there are special places you can go, they tend not to like foreigners as we don't understand when to stop much like soapland or the like. Not my scene either.

You may not know this but you can have guns and hunt in Japan. I know (in person or real life if you will) Eric (the half Japanese guy) who is a retired Navy guy who has been hunting in Japan for decades. He lives in Colorado but he keeps going back, he is making a youtube channel about it now. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDkhgXzcPILVvuXBoFLM_9w I am not a hunter myself so I am not in any of those videos. There are a lot more rules about it but you can do it.
That's interesting. I didn't know it was possible for foreigners to hunt in Japan. My father-in-law hunted and my wife got her license when she was young but she let it lapse before I met her. My FIL used go out regularly to hunt things like pheasant, boar and deer. He had stuffed pheasants and the like on his walls and the freezer contained very ayashii looking meat. Thankfully I never had a homecooked meal there. :p

My FIL used go out regularly to hunt things like pheasant, boar and deer. He had stuffed pheasants and the like on his walls and the freezer contained very ayashii looking meat. Thankfully I never had a homecooked meal there. :p

Tanuki ragout? 😁

I forgot when Eric started, I am thinking late 80s it was when he was stationed there (he is 62 this year). As you see he and his other ex navy buddies go hunting. They get armbands for some like boar in particular which farmers have trouble with. He does it these days since 2003 on just a tourist visa for those videos but of course covid slowed down his youtube dreams. Not sure about your health now mdchachi but I could probably get you info on hunting on a tourist visa if you wanted to. Lots of tromping through the woods and riding in mini trucks.

As far as I know I have never had tanuki. I have eaten boar and deer. I am not remembering pheasant. As you probably know a lot of wild animals are gamey so you have to prepare them right. Some of those military guys (I was not military, I just know some) would do dares around asia taking a drink and eating balut or giant scorpians or the like.

Bought back some military going away party memories. Marines were especially crazy. I saw several bars totally destroyed and many things eaten that belonged in the garbage. The spy base in Fukuoka had Army , Navy , Air Force , Marines , and Canadian military stationed there and there were always guys trying to outdo each other , LOL. A Navy guy nicknamed "Animal" always terrorized Japanese civilians when he went to town. In 1971 & 72 , almost every business in Fukuoka had a big sign on the entrance "No Gaijins Allowed" and most taxi cabs would not pick us up.

Back
Top Bottom