What's new

News M7.1 temblor hits Fukushima

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
I hope everyone in Kanto and Tohoku is alright, that was quite a temblor tonight!

Shindo 4 in our area, I thought it would never stop.

E5F86D0C-47BD-4F9C-A05A-0D76405C85F7.png

Covering this frim Okinawa too as we don't know where the waves will end up. The M9 hit Hawaii without touching Okinawa.

I don't think this will have an impact on us, but pushing information in case.

I hope all is well for the residents of Fukushima, especially after almost exactly 10 years ago when lives and memories were wiped in minutes with an unstoppable wall of water.

Yes, that was quite a big one.
Interestingly (and somewhat frighteningly) enough, it was apparently an aftershock of the 3/11 Tohoku Earthquake, literally almost ten years to the day.

As an aside, my daughter and I completely slept through it, and my wife was none too happy that she was the only one awake and fearing for her life.

Anyway, hoping everyone is safe and sound.

We've only had a 7 since I've been here.

We were in a S-frame house and it felt like it'd fold from beneath us and collapse on top.

Now that we're in a cement home, the only worrisome thing are tsunamis as were 1 meter above sea level—gotta love that ocean view!

Interestingly (and somewhat frighteningly) enough, it was apparently an aftershock of the 3/11 Tohoku Earthquake, literally almost ten years to the day.

What are ten years, geologically? :)

We were actually wondering: shouldn't there have been an earthquake alert?

Anyhow, below some visual impressions of the aftermath.

Back
Top Bottom