What's new

Looking for Lola Chan - Daughter of Kimi Chan

Lawson707

Registered
7 Jun 2015
My father is looking for his sister, Lola Chan. Lola is the daughter of Kimi Chan. My grandpa (Lawson) had a baby with Kimi Chan when he was in Japan. All connections were lost and now my father would like to find his sister. They have never met and he has been very curious about her. We have several baby pictures of Lola and pictures of Kimi. We believe Lola may be around the age of 55-60 years old. Here are baby pictures of Lola and a short note to my grandpa from Kimi. Please let me know if you can help us find my fathers sister! Any help would be greatly appreciated! FullSizeRender.jpg

Cute pics! I think it will be tough to find her without more information.
Chan is actually a Chinese last name, not a Japanese one. In Japanese, "chan" can be term of endearment of sorts that is added on to peoples' names, like you would add "san" to the last name (Tanaka-san might become Tanaka-chan, for example). It can be added to first names as well, so if a girl's first name were "Kimi", you might call her Kimi-chan as a term of endearment.
Of course there are Chinese people living in Japan, so Chan could indeed be valid, but it is unusual. Also, without narrowing down the location, I think it will be very, very difficult.

Is Kimi a common name? I seem to remember that it's somehow used as a term of endearment for a woman or girl?

I don't know, probably wrong, but that popped into mind.

Edit: Never mind, I see she signed the letter Kimi... Kind of a heartbreaking letter.

Back
Top Bottom