What's new

Korea driving export of "Comfort woman" again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking over this thread again, and not with any efforts to single anyone out here, at all, I have noticed a bend from the general parameters of the OP.

I think that's often the way with internet forums in general, and similarly with threads (of course). And, intrinsically there's nothing whatsoever wrong with that - an OP will often have an idea of how to provoke constructive argument at a later date already in mind; only holding it back initially so as to not, so to speak, 'lay all his or her cards on the table'.

IMVHO, the question here is whether or not the OP had an axe to grind - a premeditated, negative line of though, against Koreans in this case. Both the thread title and the pushing of the argument in certain directions seem to suggest that, but I make no assumption - it's just my feeling.

That's it. What else can be said?

Not much!! Imo, this thread could have been opened by a post saying 'some Korean girls/ladies come to japan to work in the sex industries' and then closed immediately (not that I'm at all in favour of closing threads - but just that that's all that needs to be said on the topic, really!!)

Any intention to relate the present state with that of other events in history--to whatever degree is known of them--is very likely 'strawman' of an argument.

Then shouldn't the thread be retitled entirely, as 'unproven' or 'not even very well argued for or defended'? (It's quite possibly offensive or misleading in my book as well, but that may be just me, and I look forward to the OP coming back to me on that.)

Last edited:
According to Korean Yonhapnews, Korean women have increasingly been heading for Japanese market to work as "Comfort woman".
The research said there are some 40,000 - 60,000 Koreans illegally living in Japan, in which comfort woman will account for more than half or some 30,000 heads. In addition, some Young Korean men work in host club illegally as well. Working locations of Korean comfort women/men are spreading across Japan, not only Akasaka, Shinjuku and Ginza of Tokyo, but also Osaka and Kobe.... the report said.
한국여성들 `일본行 성매매' 극성 | 연합뉴스
Well... I personally welcome Korean woman, but being subject to valid work visa. 😌

Why do you keep posting trolls?
I see no point of your thread.

By the way, when I was in Australia, I saw many Japanese students illegally working as call girls as well. There are many Asian girls, including Japanese girls, sell their bodies to white people.

N. K. girls flourish in pink trade
Yoon, a feisty 32-year-old Korean woman with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, is happy to be living and working in her newly adopted home of Japan.
Within months of settling here, she set up her own business, a Korean-style massage parlor, which she runs out of her Tokyo condominium. She says she employs several other Korean women, who perform massage of a decidedly sexual nature.
"The job is tough, but it's a lot of fun," Yoon laughs.
As a Korean living in Japan, Yoon (a pseudonym) is hardly unique. Over half a million ethnic Koreans reside here. The surprising thing about Yoon is where she came from ― North Korea.
She's one of an estimated 1,000 North Koreans who have escaped their country and ended up living in Japan, Weekly Playboy says. Like Yoon, nearly all are female and work in the sex industry, according to the magazine's source, a documentary filmmaker from South Korea, whose name is undisclosed. .............
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/rss/fd20080302t3.html

Last edited:
It doesn't say a lot for the men who are using these poor North Korean women. Sad that a country would use people who have been victimized, only to do the same.

The point of the thread was to share some news item, per se, and to seemingly (supported by internal and locative evidence) associate the matter with other matters of a historical nature. As for the OP, and that news item, and what might be needed in order post further material content here, see my post number 25 on page one. All that virtually can be said for now, has been said--unless that extra study and research were done.

Just as I was closing down to go to work this afternoon, I happened to catch brave_new_world's post, and almost instantly felt as though the thread should be closed--but no time to do it. I apologize for that, and with this, I will close this thread.

For those who wish to discuss the matter of prostitution, there is one thread in the Serious Discussion area on the topic of whether prostitution should be legalized; or one can open a general thead on the subject if one wishes--a well thought out and supported OP is a strong thing suggested to have beforehand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom