Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Yuki Koyanagi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zard

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Her first two cd's were warmer.
Deep River is a good cd in it's own right, but a lot of people keep comparing artists with their past. A rather bad habbit, i would say.

Travelling is still my favorite track off this album. I like Hikari too but that's mainly because of the simplicity of the promo-vid.

yes its a bad thing to compare previous albums, sometimes artistes want to try out something new.

my fav track is Tokyo Nights!

This was a tough call, but although Utada Hikaru is great, I like Sakamoto Maaya more. And I have more Maaya's mp3s :)
But Morning Musume is even better. Yes, I know its a band, but...

hehe, just bought the Morning Moosesume 13 mini-novel album set ... hmmm.... not what I really expected. I wanted to see more pictures and 1 book instead of 13 mini-books. lololo ... but the box they came was clear about it at least.

Yeah, my wife wanted it too since we both thought it was a collection of nursery stories. They're more on the 10 year old level though. They came in a photo-type album with a stamper and sticker kit.

I really don't like most of the units but I was thinking about my daughter. Hey, in a few years she'll be into some strange girl unit anyway so why not start practicing a little earlier.

theres so many that I really like ...

Akina Nakimori
Ayumi Hamasaki
Hikaru Utada
Hiro
Hitomi Shimatani
Misia
Yuki

"Dreams Come True" is a pretty decent j-pop band.

And my wife used to really like old school j-pop idol "Toshinobu Kubota."

Old school idol?
As far as i know Toshinobu Kubota is still a very succesful up and coming R&B singer. But then again, i never looked into his history.

I voted for Hikki, I just always think she's great. I am also not that educated on the other Japanese music listed up there despite than a few. I really need to buy some more wah!

Miss PuccA~

Mai Kuraki
Maaya Sakamoto
Nanase Aikawa
Zard

And those not on the list...

Masami Okui
HAL
Do As Infinity
Garnet Crow
Every Little Thing

posted by Twisted

Old school idol?
As far as i know Toshinobu Kubota is still a very succesful up and coming R&B singer. But then again, i never looked into his history.

Actually Kubota started out in the 80's, my wife still loves his music, eventhough she admits, "his time is over."

In 1999 sony was trying to plug him on the "Japan not for sale" sampler cd series, which were meant for radiostations abroad.
I'm not sure if he also featured on the "Japan for sale" album which was later available for consumers.

Kuraki Mai is a babe!

Kubota ... haha, back in 1990 I was listening to his old stuff like "Missing"
He's a 30 something generation singer along the lines of ??? hmmm .... Peter Cetera or Bryan Adams ... errrrrr ... sort of ....

Kubota has been hanging out in NYC for like forever. He comes back to Japan every so often to make some more cash. His songs always do pretty decent.

i like DA PUMP!! i think i mentioned it before...haha i love their dance!! their songs don't catch on well though, but they always grow on me! ^__^

Hmm. When I try to vote, the screen turned white.

Anyway, anyone here like Imai Miki, Makihara Noriyuki or Le Couple? I like Imai Miki. More like Jazz/R&B than pop.

I've heard of them, but i don't think i have much of them in my collection. I like jazz/R&B as well, but more in the likes of Mondo Grosso, Bird and Monday Michiru. That's more acid-jazz then R&B though.

WELL, IT'S SO HARD CHOOSE ONE, BUT I CHOOSE YUKI FROM JUDY &MARY, BECAUSE SHE'S VERY PRETTY AND NICE.
MATA NEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'd pick DCT anytime :D
As far as other artists, I've been really interested in Chitose Hajime. Shes relativly new, does enka / reggae fusion. But I listen to enough that as long as its new, I like it. I still need to listen more to come up with a favorite.

I voted for Sheena Ringo, also wanted to vote for Misia, Bonie Pink and Yaiko (Hitomi Yaida) though. (they are my favorits on Karaoke.lol):sing:

other ones of my recommendations are Chitose Hajime, Hitomi Shimatani, BoA, and still Momoe Yamaguchi.
Ayu and Chihiro Onizuka are same on the whole for my ears. :smoke:

and..I think we could regard Kiroro as single-artist. lol

I like Nakayama Miho, Chemistry, Kome Kome Club, the parodies of Danceman, Some of Amuro, Some of Utada.....but many of the ones I like aren't even listed... :(
but I guess the groups aren't listed, so... :eek:

Yeah, well, this is an all girls list. The title of the thread is a bit misleading.
I'll put up a new poll soon.... (Right, i promised that over a year ago already. :D)

I voted for NONE of them, because I've never heard such a bunch of excruciating vocalists.... EEEEEEK!

It's unfortunate as Japan has some fine instrumental talent but vocalists are in short supply.

Back
Top Bottom