What's new

Join Us for a Voice Chat on PALTALK!!

Ashikaga

もちもちした食感
19 Feb 2008
I am thinking about holding a voice chat session on either Yahoo or Paltalk.

Maybe we can set a time and create a room in one of the chat clients so we can all come and "meet". Wouldn't it be fun to actually TALK with those we READ everyday in the forum?

I think it would be great even if it was just for saying hello and introducing ourselves to each other, finally putting a voice to those ridiculous, I mean thought-provoking posts.

I don't know... it could a logistical nightmare to decide on the time as we are all over the globe. It's just an idea. What do you think? Would anyone be interested?

I would particularly *love* that.
I would only be able to do it on weekday evenings (CST) and weekends, myself.

I don't have Yahoo and have never heard of Paltalk, but I do have MSN and Skype... I'll also check out Paltalk when I get home.

Great idea, Ashikaga san! 👍

Yep, sounds like a good idea. Though I vote for Ventrilo or Teamspeak anytime... then again, these require servers, so yeah, bit more difficult.

I think that's an awesome idea. I'd deffinitely be up for up.

I've never heard of paltalk... But possibly Skype, or a different program, would be a better idea to use?

Since skype is more of a voice chat service, rather than IM, you can start a call with multiple people and stuff... Or something?

I don't know. Yahoo could be a good idea, too. Since you can just make a chatroom and then press the talk button whenever u wanna talk.

Well, yeah. Anywho, I'd be up for it! I'm guessing we'd have to agree on a specific program to use, so people know what to download or whatever. And we'd have to have a time or something?

I don't know. But like i said liek 12 times, I'm up for it!

-Tommy

I used to host chatrooms on Yahoo but we had just too many troubles with technical stuff as well as spammers. I have since then switched to Paltalk and it works really well. Good sound quality and easy to use.

Does Skype have a chatroom function? I think it'd be better if there was a room set up so ppl could come and go as they please instead of having a voice conference type of thing.

It will be tricky to decide on the time. I was thinking Sunday morning, Japan time. That would be Saturday night in the US. Only that means it'd be really really late at night in Europe....

Ohh, I'll check out paltalk.

And that timing actually sounds good. If it were, say, 7 o'clock Sunday morning, Japan time, then in the US, it'd be like 5 or 6 o'clock? Which would make the European times like 11 or 12 o'clock. But, this timing sounds good, I think. Because since it'd be like sunday morning in Japanese, saturday afternoon in the US, and Saturday night (even though its late, its still the weekend, and it probably wouldnt be a big deal to stay up late...?) in Europe, then a lot of people could come, if they wanted to.

I'm down for Saturday night; I have nothing to do. Only problem is, if it gets really big, will there be a problem with multiple people trying to talk at once or hold multiple convos? Just a thought.

Here is the link to Paltalk Download page.

Video Chat | Paltalk

The thing about the chatroom on Paltalk is that they have this "raise-hands" feature that when you wanna get on the mic in the room, you first have to hit this button and "raise your hand". The ones who have raised their hands then moved to the top of the members' list with the first to raise hand first in line. So, you know who wants the mic and who is next in line.

If you have time, check out the site and tell me what you guys think. If you have another chat client in mind you think would work better, let me know as well. 🙂

Hm, that's an impressive feature; I'm glad someone thought to apply something like that to voicechat. Okay, I'll be installing Paltalk tonight, then. It seems the best choice so far.

I think I'm going to download it sometime tomorrow. And I'm up for Saturday. Just, what specific time would it start or whatever? Is it going to be in English, Japanese, both, neither?! Hahah just kidding bout the neither.

Anywho, eithe rway, I'm down. Can't wait :D

Apparently I decided to download it now. Hahha. So, it's called PaltalkScene??

Well I just signed up. And make a screen name and all that jazz. For anyone who wants to add me or whatever, my screen is txmmj

Soo, how is this going to work? Do we all just add eachother and then start a chat on saturday ro soemthing?

My screen name will still be "Aurura". As a PC gamer, it does get quite tiring to think of new names for every software user account I create, after all..

There is a group called Jref :D

I'm in as well... not sure if I can come online that moment but will check it out later in the weekend.

There is a group called Jref :D

I'm in as well... not sure if I can come online that moment but will check it out later in the weekend.

Last edited:
It's ON, Baby!!

OK, so there will be a chat session starting tomorrow (Sunday, 2/1) at 10:00am, Tokyo time on PALTALK.

For those of you who don't have PALTALK, you can download it HERE. It is a free program.

Once you sign on to PAL, go to the category "MISCELLANEOUS", then onto the sub-category "OTHERS", and a room titled "JREF JAPAN FORUM ROOM" should be there. My screen name is "BusT-RedHead184U". No, it is ASHIKAGA.

Make sure you have your microphones all plugged in and ready!! It is not a requirement, though.

I don't know what we're going to be talking about. If any of you have anything special you would like to do, let us know. It's just a casual get-together so it doesn't have to have a "topic" I suppose... I am sure
it will be just a handful of us hanging out taking about the weather for a while. lol

Regarding the language, Tomii will be speaking in Japanese while the rest of us evaluate/give critique on his performance a la American Idol. I don't know. We could probably just mix it up.

Anyway, tell the people on your friends list! I am looking forward to "meeting" you guys!🙂

Last edited:
Yay! So, in standerd eastern time or whatever (like the time in NY) it'll be 8:00 pm saturday. Good good.

I can't wait!

And will the jref chat room be there tomorrow, of should it be there now? Cause if it's supposed to be there now, it isn't...

Yay! So, in standerd eastern time or whatever (like the time in NY) it'll be 8:00 pm saturday. Good good.
I can't wait!
And will the jref chat room be there tomorrow, of should it be there now? Cause if it's supposed to be there now, it isn't...

Well, it has to be "opened" by the room owner (that would be me).

Not sure if I can handle the technology ?

I shall attempt to be there if I can figure out which buttons to click on. Us old people are terrible with new stuff. I'm "UNCLEFRANKJREF" on PALTALK as of a few hours ago.

Uncle Frank

PS - You will be compeating against the Superbowl game on TV.

:)

Ohh okay. BTW, I made a new screen name that's Tomii515. I thought it'd probably be best since that's my name on JREF. lol

WOW !

I actually figured out how to join in. That was a lot of fun to actually hear other member's voices.

Uncle Frank

👍 👍 👍

'Twas real fun!

I hope we can set up another time to have a chat, and hopefully we can get more members to come!

Thanks to all who joined us!! It was a lot of fun to finally put voices to the names!

We should definitely do this again. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom