What's new

Send us a New Year's card !

AHHH... the good ol Beach Boys. I grew up with their music. Now I'm more a Glenn Miller type of guy , LOL.

Day after Christmas in Japan now. Have to start making "Happy New Year" cards , LOL. It started snowing here about 8AM and here it is 4:30 and still snowing. Due to get more snow tomorrow also.

ny2.jpg

Last edited:
I loved Japan , but living in another country where they don't speak your language and the customs are different can be a real wake-up to how the world differs. I grew up shooting at the age of five , so the lack of guns was hard for me and my yearly trips to hunting camp were missed. I was stunned by how friendly people were to me in Japan. I think I was adopted by about 10 different families who always made me feel at home. I often wished I lived on the west coast so I could visit Japan , but the trip from Maine is too long and too expensive for me. I would not hesitate to tell anyone , if you can go , go. OH , as a side note , I went crazy with Japanese food. I grew up as a super fussy eater. I did not like any vegetable , or rice or most fish and any noodles. If it wasn't for an American style restaurant in town and food on base I would have starved. When I left Japan , I weighed only 90 pounds.

I seriously didn't know Japan had KFC...😂 I wonder if it tastes the same
Globalization!

all the chains pretty much taste the same BUT the "better" the chain, the closer the taste (unless they purposely modify it).

The KING of quality control and the franchise system (from a view point of meeting their goals) is McDonalds. They really do everything right (from a view point of meeting their goals). (so I do not get strung up, from other viewpoints, "not so well).

KFC is clase but there (IMO) is more variation, particularly in the quality of the final product and the "KFC experience - whatever that is - haha. In general, in Japan, the food quality is good, properly cooked and served with smile by a polite person. So I would say the taste is on par with a good KFC taste overseas, though I have not had KFC in the US for sometime.

BTW, I am not a big fan of eating at food chains when I travel, but sometimes out of necessity, they become a good choice.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom