What's new

Japanese Yakyu

I went to the Soukeisen (championship between Waseda and Keio University) a couple weeks ago. Had to be the more enjoyable baseball game I've ever been to, including the ones I participated in. The cheering is extremely well organized and energetic; I spent more time on my feet than on my ***.
Two weeks ago, I went to the ANA hotel in Kanayama, Nagoya with my boyfriend...
I think you just broke some hearts here, Kyoko :eek: :giggle:

I went to the Soukeisen (championship between Waseda and Keio University) a couple weeks ago. Had to be the more enjoyable baseball game I've ever been to, including the ones I participated in. The cheering is extremely well organized and energetic; I spent more time on my feet than on my ***.
Yes, it's one of the major events in Japanese baseball.
My husband used to take our son to those games, hoping that he will want to play baseball and/or want to enter Waseda... He accomplished neither... :giggle:

I think you just broke some hearts here, Kyoko
Yeah, I think so, too! 😊

You mean some more? She's already mentioned that she has a boyfriend (although it was in Japanese). :p

I also spent more time on my feet than on my behind, but when the game lasts 20 innings it gets a bit tiresome. The cheerleaders even quit using the mic at one point (around the 16th or 17th, I think it was), but they encouraged us to continue. Of course, they didn't stop cheering, either. I was really impressed with their energy. I wish I had energy like that.

You mean some more? She's already mentioned that she has a boyfriend (although it was in Japanese). :p

I also spent more time on my feet than on my behind, but when the game lasts 20 innings it gets a bit tiresome. The cheerleaders even quit using the mic at one point (around the 16th or 17th, I think it was), but they encouraged us to continue. Of course, they didn't stop cheering, either. I was really impressed with their energy. I wish I had energy like that.
Do you mean you've been to a 窶伉?団ツ静ュツ?

No, I went to a 同立戦.

By the way, how is it that Waseda and Keio play for the championship every year? No one else ever wins?

No, I went to a 窶慊ッ窶板ァツ静ュ.
In Japan, the 窶愬停?ケナセヒ彁窶佚・ナ?wニ椎?ツーニ丹 is the biggest and most popular college baseball league and is broadcast even by NHK. Soukei-sen is the traditional event symbolizing the archrivalry between the two top private universities, regardless of whether they are ranking at the top or bottom of the league during that year or season.

By the way, how is it that Waseda and Keio play for the championship every year? No one else ever wins?
That's incorrect.
窶愬停?ケナセヒ彁窶佚・ナ?w窶禿ャ窶ケ窶ヲニ椎?ツーニ丹ツ静ュ

Last edited:
We have Direct satellite service at home,can receive a few hundred foreign TV channels 24/7.Can anyone here tell me which Japanese TV network(s) broadcast local Japanese MLB and college games via satellite,NHK or Fuji or Asahi ?

One Japanese name comes to mind,Ichiro Suzuki of Seattle Mariners ( MLB ) has been spotlighted in American sports news for the last few years.

We were in Seattle ( Washington ) visiting family early this year,went to a local game and saw some fanatic Japanese fans ( flew over from Japan ) cheered Ichiro ... Ichiro ... Ichiro ... quite rowdy I say.

The Boston Red Sox agreed to pay $42 million just to NEGOITATE with Matsuzaka. If they sign him, it will cost them about $25 million a year (they will have to pay Matsuzaka's salary PLUS the $42 mil signing fee).

There are other Japanese players in America. Ichiro and Hideki Matsui are the most famous, but So Taguchi plays for the Cardinals, Koji Johjima is Ichiro's teammate in Seattle, and Kaz Matsui plays for Colorado. There are a few others too. Not all Japanese players have had success here. Hideki Irabu was the biggest flop and he was routinely jeered by Yankee fans who nicknamed him the "fat toad." Signing Matsuzaka for as much as it will cost the Red Sox is being seen as a huge risk since success in Japan doesn't always translate to success in America.

It is really huge amount of money, but I am sure that Red Sox will get back their invested money.
Boston Red Sox Authentic Daisuke Matsuzaka Road Jersey
Item no: 2557051
Our Price:
$199.99Eligible for FREE Ground Shipping on orders of $99 or more (See Promotion Details)Pre-order today!
by Majestic AthleticAuthentic jersey worn on-field by the players for Major League games
Picture at left is a graphical preview of what the jersey will look like.
Actual jersey will feature the authentic lettering, numbers and all on-field details
100% double knit polyester
Made in USA
How quick!
Next official goods would be...
Red Sox Manju, rice dumpling
Red Sox Senbei, rice cracker
Nintendo DS, Brain Age Train Your Brain 2007, let's learn how to be a tough negotiator!
etc...

Back
Top Bottom