What's new

Japanese view on 9/11

TokyoTom

後輩
2 Jun 2012
I heard about a Japanese politician named Yukihisa Fujita who claims that 9/11 was done by the US government. He has gone to 9/11 truther meetings all over the world. The next 9/11 truther meeting is in Tokyo. Is this how most Japanese view the attacks?

Is this how most Japanese view the attacks?

I think Shukan Bunshun's headline sums up Japanese sentiments on the issue:

In January 2008, Fujita questioned how the Japanese government was helping the families of the Japanese victims of the attacks of September 11, 2001 and how the Japanese government understood this event. He demanded an independent investigation into the possibility that the events did not unfold exactly as described by the investigations conducted by the 9/11 Commission.

Fujita's "pursuit of the truth" led to domestic and foreign criticism. Shukan Bunshun published an article entitled "'Is he OK?' DPJ Yukihisa Fujita talking big about '9/11' conspiracy theory."

Source

I would guess that 9 out of 10 Japanese do not have a hard line on who perpetrated 9/11.

I think if asked who did it they would reply that it was al-Quaida and bin Laden. But if you asked if it could have been factions in the U.S. government I doubt they would dismiss it out of hand.

You see, its a very complicated question for which we may never see any actual proof from the very people who are suspect in the question. The U.S. government is honest with us about precious little. And the past has proven that its pretty much capable of anything.

And what does it mean "to perpetrate" anyway? Does it have to be the guy with his hands on the wheel? Does it include the person who ordered it? The people who instigated it? The people who nudged it along? The people who knew it was coming but did nothing?

My personal feeling (and without proof I could never have, that is all I can get is a feeling) is that certain persons in the Bush admin, CIA, FBI and Israel's Mossad (at least) knew it was coming. And saying that, I am not ruling out possible assistance given to the physical perpetrators at least on the sly, even without direct contact to the physical perpetrators.

Of course that feeling may primarily be founded on the way certain people in the government have so deftly and disgustingly capitalized on the the 9/11 attacks, but still, I cannot shake the feeling that the government knows a lot more than its telling us and its because of government involvement in some capacity.

And before you scream "Truther!" remember that even the good guys of the 9/11 commission accused the CIA, FBI and Bush Admin of obstruction of their investigation. Even the FAA and NORAD handed them a bunch of baloney. How anyone could just write that off has little explanation in my mind beyond blatant stupidity. Perhaps a misguided sense of patriotism and/or a need to for authority to guide their sheepish lives?

Anyway, the 9/11 commission was well underfunded in the beggining and did not get proper financing until well after memories had dried up and evidence disappeared. And when the commissioners come out and tell you that their report was the only report they could make because of evidence they themselves were denied, I think that should tell you that things are not on the up and up.

Criticism of the 9/11 Commission - Wikipedia

The 911 commissioners also said they were obstructed by the DoD. In their own words the commission was "set up to fail". Two actually wrote a book about it. I don't think any rational intelligent being can just write that off. Of course its also irrational to automatically assume "the governement did it". But, if this were a simple murder case and the prime suspect was found to be lying, he would be toast. They would lock him up and throw away the key.

I feel it necessary to err on one side or the other, and if I err, its on the side that certain people in the U.S. and Israeli governments at the very least had foreknowledge.

A lot of people think today that they had been misled by wackos (who I will not name here) of DPJ. Fujita isn't doing any good to the party with this, regardless of the truth of the matter.

Back
Top Bottom