What's new

Japanese Verb TE-Form Group 1in less than 1 mimute

Why start from the -MASU form? Is that because most adults learn Japanese as a second language that way? I think in Japan (children) they start learning from dictionary form don't they?

Thank you very much for your question. As you say, Japanese children learn verbs quite different way. You can make TE-Form from dictionary form, of course. But I consider that it´s easier to learn from MASU-form for foreigners.
It´s because MASU FORM just without MASU is the root of each verb. For example, TABEMASU...the root is TABE.
One more reason is that in my youtube channel, I am uploading videos from the basic grammar and litle by little the level becomes higer.
Now I am teaching MINNA NO NIHONGO, Lesson 14, it means I haven´t explained Dictionary-form yet to my audience.
So in this video I conjugate TE form from the basic MASU form.

It makes sense, thank you. I also learned -masu form first. But I always conjugate from dictionary form. For example to go from MACHIMASU to MATTE just feels odd to me. I started a long time ago with a textbook called Japanese for Busy People which, in hindsight, was terrible. It used romaji exclusively.
もう数年前日本語を習うのを諦めました。何をどういう順番に習ったかよく覚えていません。:confused:

How pity you already quit learning Japanese...But anyway I can say you can already speak and write quite good Japanese. The last sentences you wrote in Japanese here are really perfect 👏👏👏
これだけ上手に間違わずに日本語で書けるなんてすごいですね。
私のYoutube channelのレベルは簡単すぎるでしょうが、時々見ていただけたら嬉しいです😘🙇🏻‍♀️

勉強を諦めましたがほぼ毎日日本語を使っているので忘れないかもしれません。
YouTube channelがよくできましたね。時々見ておきます。

毎日日本語を使っているのなら大丈夫、忘れませんね。でもきちんと文法を勉強すると、さらによく理解できるし、正しい日本語の使い方がわかるので、おすすめです。英語バージョンのYouTubeチャンネルは2ヶ月くらい前から始めたばかりですが、よろしくおねがいします。

Back
Top Bottom