What's new

japanese takeaways?

potatoe

後輩
31 Mar 2004
here in britain there are many takeaways that are chinese but not so many that are japanese is this for any reason in particular,

like japanese cuisine does not appeal to people here in britain or do people just like chinese better than anything japanese,

because me myself would love to be able to go out and buy a variation of japanese food.

what is everones oppinion on this?

I think the main reason is that China has been exporting people and their cuisine for hundreds of years. Japan, for the most part, has not. I think it may be partially also because Japanese cuisine depends a lot on fresh seafood. Until recently, it wasn't so easy to get some of this stuff even if there was a Japanese community that wanted it.

Potatoe, there are many japanese restaurants that offer takeaway food in London. London has Europes largest population of japanese. Where in Britain do you reside? If you are anywhere near London, it shouldn't be a problem.

hey

i live in the lincolnshire,

all around me are chinese takeaways no japanese

It is strange, London does have Europe's largest Japanese population, yet I rarely see any. Japanese restuarants on the whole are quite rare, never seen a pure takeaway one, i'm sure most restaurants allow you to pick your food up though.

They are quite rare, but i go to the one called " Little Tokyo" in leeds a real nice place. But compared the chinese they is very very little.

Back
Top Bottom