What's new

Japanese punK?

10 Aug 2003
Anyone know where I can find some Mp3s of some Japanese punk bands? I just think that would be very interesting to hear. I have already heard some like Extinct Government & Systematic Death.

-X-

well, to find music on the internet I use Emule and Kazaa.
If you just want to find one music take Kazaa. On emule you can find full albums in mp3.

About J-Punk bands, I was told that Kemuri is a great band ! It is a Ska-punk band. But I never hears of them yet ... let's find some mp3 now :)

I'm not sure if they really count as punk, but Melt Banana rule. The do insanely catchy bouncy noisy thrash stuff, and they do it really well.. : )

Oh, and I'd recommend WinMX as a good alternative to Kazaa. None of the adverts or spyware, and a pretty vast selection of mp3s.

Im not sure what counts as pink and what isnt.... :eek:
I mean, X-Japan or Dir En Grey can be called both rock, and pop.
so what is punk?

oh yeah!

Good to see someone else likes Japanese punk! I can't find any site that does mp3. but I just struggle to get to as many good gigs as possible in London.

email me!
olie.

the alexi32 address is my sister's thing.

ganbarimashou ne!

Originally posted by Kakesu
Oh, and I'd recommend WinMX as a good alternative to Kazaa. None of the adverts or spyware, and a pretty vast selection of mp3s.
I don't really like WinMX ... but it is my own feeling, so...
Kazaa has a version called Kazaa Lite which is free from spyware and any other durty things like that... but I am less and less using it ... prefer emule.

Originally posted by Shinya
Im not sure what counts as pink and what isnt....
I mean, X-Japan or Dir En Grey can be called both rock, and pop.
so what is punk?
Dir en Grey is visual kei, for what I heard of it ... it's a kind of alternative rock but I am not confident on giving such name...
Punk is a wide name ...but sure that X-Japan and Dir en Grey aren't punk. Still great bands, indeed!! :)

I finally found Kemuri's mp3!!! And I found full albums on emule. It's a typical ska-punk band, sounds like Less than Jake a lot I find. I like it a lot and I recommend everyone to listen to it!!

Vicious brutality started off naming some good bands then it all went downhill from there!
DEATHSIDE/TETSUAREI/WARHEAD/NIGHTMARE/JUDGEMENT/CROSSFACE/AI/BLOWBACK/MUSTANG/CRUDE/ZONE/LIPCREAM/
That's the route to take!!
Down with j-pop and sickly j-punk

oh lah!

ya, jpunk rocks! thanking the guys for posting the emule and WinMX coz kazaa is kinda limited... :p

Here are the ones I have stuff by. If you want to hear, just ask me and I'll put it on my rotation as a request~

ACIDMAN
ANTI-FEMINISM
Balzac
BBQ CHICKENS (They suck. Why I have mp3 of them I dunno)
Cruck
d.p.s (The Dead Pop Stars)
Dokusatsu Terrorist
Dragon Ash (older stuff)
Guitar Wolf
HERE'S THE HAMSTERS
Hi-STANDARD
HUSKING BEE
JUDGEMENT
Kuroyume (later stuff, like on CDs Drug People and Corkscrew)
Lolita No. 18
Melt-Banana
NICOTINE
SADS
SEAGULL SCREAMING KISS HER KISS HER
Shonen Knife
STANCE PUNKS
THE BLUE HEARTS
The Gaia
THE MAD CAPSULE MARKET'S (older stuff, before they lost the ' in their name and became digital rock)
Zeri ->

Yeah, I think that's all the J-punk bands I have stuff by.

Also try:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/j-punk/
http://www.jap-punk.com/
http://www.dfbpunk.com/japanesehardcore/

And Soulseek is the best choice (or one of them, at the least) for Japanese music. I'm not lying, it's a fact--I've had Kazaa, which has hardly ANY J-rock except for popular stuff like Dir en grey and Gackt. WinMX is sometimes good, but Soulseek is the one I find stuff on that I've never in my lifetime seen anywhere else.

There is a band.

Who are a kind of punk/rock/ska/indie band.

Who are called Missile Girl Scoot.

Who are impossible to find.

Who have split up, which doesnt help.

So yeah...Missile Girl Scoot, I've only heard two of their songs, I wish I could find their album on the Net or p2p but its impossible.

Get Direct Connect you can find a lot of j-music there. Just get on some anime Hubs that have 1000 poeple in it I'm sure in 500TB someone will have what your looking for. If your lucky find a T3 user and stock him.

Wow, Hi-Standard...they probably broke up by now.

I remember finding one of their ablums in a Best Buy one day.

Go to www.songjapan.com then song online, you can listen to TONS of Japanese songs, pretty much anything you can think of, i listen to it all day every day. I'm telling you, it's awesome

Winter said:
Wow, Hi-Standard...they probably broke up by now.

I remember finding one of their ablums in a Best Buy one day.

Really?

I know Ken Yokoyama(the guitarist for Hi-Sta) just released his solo album, but I have no idea what the rest of the band is doing. Any idea where I can find any info on what the hell they've been up to?

DIR EN GREY!! *doesn't care if its punk or not* X)

deg is a definate *must* hear..

*has pvs and mp3s if ya want* XD

The ultimate Japcore list:
http://www.rotnroll.com/japcore/japcore.html

Not sure if it's still up to date, but there's some really good stuff in there.

Does anyone like japanese thrash punk or power violance?

**** on beach
Idol punch
razors edge
jellyroll rockheads
bathtub shitter
breakfast
swarmm
lipstick

Just a few of the top of my head!

Zombish said:
Does anyone like japanese thrash punk or power violance?

**** on beach
Idol punch
razors edge
jellyroll rockheads
bathtub shitter
breakfast
swarmm
lipstick

Just a few of the top of my head!

swarrrm is one of my faves

I love punk. Are the Japanese getting more into it? I know that most of their music tends to be poppy.

Back
Top Bottom