What's new

Japanese punK?

Thank you guys so much for all the japcore bands and stuff. The only problem I have now is, I can't find this music anywhere, kazaa doesnt have it, winmx doesnt have it. What do you guys recommend for downloading some japcore?

ViciousBrutality said:
Thank you guys so much for all the japcore bands and stuff. The only problem I have now is, I can't find this music anywhere, kazaa doesnt have it, winmx doesnt have it. What do you guys recommend for downloading some japcore?

sorry man...i don't download stuff so most of the stuff i have i picked up at various underground distros. good luck finding stuff tho'

ViciousBrutality said:

Or "Ares" - I think that's how it is spelled. I could be wrong. I'm exhausted.

where could I buy the cds? thats another problem I have, the only places I can find these japcore bands, which are usually selling records, i cant even read the webpage. Anyone have any suggestions?

ViciousBrutality said:
where could I buy the cds? thats another problem I have, the only places I can find these japcore bands, which are usually selling records, i cant even read the webpage. Anyone have any suggestions?

hardcore holocaust is probably one of the best distros for the japcore stuff. they carry hardcore, some punk and grind. selection is okay but they make up with both service and price.

happy hunting

Acidman rocks.
Uh, have any of you ever heard of Brahman? Some songs of theirs are nice.

I don' know if this helps you, but if you know any CD rental shop around your place, run to it!

The Nikkei Sindex, Japanese Punk Podcast with studio, live, and interviews
Episode 4 featuring Hiroshi formerly of THE REGISTRATORS curently of BRIGHTLINER, as well as Neon Shuffle Records at The Warm

[apparently i am not allowed to post links, i suggest you utilize a search engine with regard to the following]

Nikkei Sindex

The Modernist Recordings

ha. ive been out of touch of much of jap music! cos they arent found in every cd store here. and downloads are illegal... quite curious about the bands you guys mentioned though. never tried.

Nikkei Sindex Episode 5 hot off the virtual presses!

Classical thrash with violin and acapella breakdown?

Yes, it's ANGLIPOGOCHAN!

We interviewed Ippei, their violin player, and he has a lot of great ideas and a lot of enthusiasm to share them, plus of course live and studio!

Google Nikkei Sindex!

AND The Modernist Recordings released a CD featuring many of those bands and you can download some mp3s free and legally at the site, or order it pretty cheap anywhere in the world... please find The Modernist Recordings page and check it out!

Punk/hardcore... same thing. I really really dig 'Envy'. Probably my favorite Japanese band. I also really dig 'Boris' who have alot of punk roots aswell.

Melt Banana has punk influences but their almost more of a noise-rock band than anything. Good stuff too!

Vicious brutality started off naming some good bands then it all went downhill from there!
DEATHSIDE/TETSUAREI/WARHEAD/NIGHTMARE/JUDGEMENT/
CROSSFACE/AI/BLOWBACK/MUSTANG/CRUDE/ZONE/LIPCREAM/
That's the route to take!!
Down with j-pop and sickly j-punk

This guy is the law!!

Hmm, a threat from 2003 hahaha, anyways, if somebody is looking for good punk bands, try:

The Comes
G.I.S.M.
Gauze
Zouo
D.S.B.
Gasmask
Clay
The Stalin
Forward
GAI
Confuse
Disclose
Paintbox
Framtid

I you want to d/l mp3 try soulseek, that's the paradise for japanese punk fans, and if you're looking for official stuff, try to contact band members, or just type "Allman", "MCR" or "diskunion" in Google...

I've been getting a bunch of japanese punk/hardcore/thrash compilations.
I've got a ton of Boris (punk/metal/rock/doom/experimental/etc) and Envy (emo/hardcore) too.
I've got a bunch of Confuse too. Good crusty older punk. Two of their releases.
tetsu arei as well!
LandoSpurs is my soulseek username. Feel free to add me.

In Tokyo there is a very big punk scene. I have been to several shows and it is always a great time. My fav bands are Hat trickers, Robin and Balzac. I go to shows whenever I can.

The Psycho-billy punk coming out of Japan is great these days. The greasers have these really cool Rock N` Roll Parties that totally rock. There is more punk music and punks in Tokyo than you can shake a stick at!

Yapoos has always been a punk band no matter what style of music they were playing. ヒカシュー is another band that has a very punk spirit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom