Kazumi Watanabe (guitar)
Sadao Watanabe (saxophone)
Tetsuo Sakurai (bass guitar)
Akira Jimbo (drums)
Naoko Terai (violin)

groups:
T-Square
Casiopea
Dimension is cool too,but only got a few mp3s of them,hope to get more.

hiroshima?
edit: okay, now i think i got it
but now i need to remember :) or maybe just look
:D @ myself
tower has some realplayer files up of this artist... forgot to mention one of my peeps was repping for ninja tune and they sent him this ryuichi sakamoto "prayer/salvation" remixes cd... it's interesting. looking at it now... hmm

Last edited:
I definitely like Kazumi Watanabe's work... "The Spice of Life Too" is one of the first albums I ever owned, actually. There's a pretty cool album of Watanabe collaborating with Ryuichi Sakamoto called "Tokyo Joe" (IIRC)... some good stuff there too...

I discovered Hiroshima actually after hearing them perform live on Food Network, believe it or not... Ming Tsai's "East Meets West" show. Very cool stuff...

As far as other artists not mentioned yet, I've really enjoyed a group called Sing Like Talking. Chikuzen Sato's solo stuff is pretty good too... I recommend both these artists.

👍

Originally posted by Dream Time
just wonder if there are any Jazz / Fusion fans here

I like:

Kazumi Watanabe (guitar)
Sadao Watanabe (saxophone)
Tetsuo Sakurai (bass guitar)
Akira Jimbo (drums)
Naoko Terai (violin)

groups:
T-Square
Casiopea
Dimension is cool too,but only got a few mp3s of them,hope to get more.

This may be a little off topic, but there is a jazz festivel coming up in vancouver I think on the 7th of September.

Akira Jimbo is the best. I got to see him live once, he's a one man freak show behind the drums. You need to check out his "eVolution" video. Incredible stuff.

does anyone know the Jazz guitarist Hideaki Tokunaga?
I hope to get some mp3s of him

Welll.... I love some types of jazz, _love_ it, but i'm still some sort of a newbie on this area so I don't really know the genres or so...but i'm learning ;)

P.S. it's hard to find people in my age who would be interested in jazz,at least none of my friends like it...so it's nice to see you guys,even in this "virtual" world :)

well.....i wonder if anybody here knows orange pekoe.....

i'm searching for their songs....especially mp3 if available.....

Hi I'm from England and love jazz fusion, however you must be careful when you say this as jazz fusion means just that a fusion of other things with jazz so anything of mixed genre's can be called jazz fusion.
I think what you and I like is more jazz funk/rock.
I very much like dimension but is hard to find anything about them I have a few albums there latest on a new world is very good
keep in touch

Mark

Hajime Yoshizawa who plays on the xylophone on the Jazzanova track called Hanazono
its so good :D

yes soulseek is definatly a good resource to get Fusion from :D

in reply to Chipi

P.S. it's hard to find people in my age who would be interested in jazz,at least none of my friends like it...so it's nice to see you guys,even in this "virtual" world

i`m totaly feeling you man i`m 17 years old and from all my friends none dig Jazz as much. I`m actually looking for good Jazz Comunities any Sugestions ?
anybody ?

"Hajime Yoshizawa who plays on the xylophone on the Jazzanova track called Hanazono
its so good"
that whole album is excellent! (well, the hip-hop cut is like :p but the rest is so above and beyond, it cancels out)
hanazono is THE track, but no use is so good, it's eye-watering
i had to take the remixed version instead this time, i am scared to burn myself out
know about nujazzsoul.com?

you know i looked at that website
i have EVERYTHING from Jazzanova :D :D :D
i cant wait till something new is released :)

gonna download the other 2 :)

been to their sonar kollective label? they just released best of seven collections...

yeah i`m trying to get a hold of as much sonar kollektive items i can find :) did not know about new releases on it though
imma have a look tnxs :)

Check out this band from Japan!
Though, most of the members are American, but apparently they all live and work in Japan as musicians.

Back
Top Bottom