What's new

Japanese Industrial Metal?

lepto173

後輩
7 Nov 2006
As I've gotten into anime over the past few months, I've heard some japanese songs that I found very interesting. Unfortunately, I've had a hard time finding similar songs on the internet, so I was hoping you could help me.

Probably my favorite japanese song so far is Red Fraction by MELL; I've also liked Higurashi no Naku Koro ni by Eiko, Believe by Folder 5, and Through the Night by Masahiko Arimatsu...each of these songs has many of the musical qualities that I like, but none of them is exactly what I'm looking for; and unfortunately, many of the songs I've heard by the same artists I haven't enjoyed quite as much.

What I'm looking for is kind-of like industrial metal...basically, I like music that mixes heavy metal with techno and orchestral, with a little pop thrown in on the side; ultimately, the style should be fast and hard, but also have a clear basis in musical theory. In other words, only extremely complex music keeps my interest. My current favorite bands are from the new german industrial metal genre, such as Oomph!, Rammstein, Eisbrecher, and Megaherz, but I like a few American bands like Rob Zombie and Evanescence too.

I realize that's a pretty tall order...and of course, I don't really expect any band to completely fulfill it. However, if anyone can give me some artists to check out, I'd be very grateful.

Disclaimer : I totally suck at music genres! :D

That aside, I might as well throw out some recommendations.

Classified in the limits of my ability XDXD...
Eve of Destiny (goth/industrial)
Aural Vampire (... don't really know the genre >_<... a bit experimental, good ^^)
Metronome (electronic)
Aikaryu (metal, with good guitar playing)
Velvet Eden (more on the dance/trance/electronic side)
D'espairsRay (industrial/electronic)
Psydoll (rock/electronic/weirdness XD)
Schwarz Stein (dance/trance/darkwave ^^)
Deathgaze (not industrial but a damn good heavy rock/metal band!)
Kozi - stuff off the Catharsis album and Loki n' Roll (not Izayoi no Tsuki)

If u like fast and hard, try Guitar Wolf but i dunno if they'd be 'complicated' enough for u :mad: XD

For heavier bands u could try punk style like Balzac and G.I.S.M., both pretty good imo, and if u want more guitaring listen to Galneryus and Crosshard, these 2 more 'traditional metal' but damn good guitars. 👍

Back
Top Bottom