What's new

Music help: Japanese 70's-80's-90's rock/metal

Kunuki

後輩
31 Jan 2008
Nice to be here on this great forum.
Can you help me with some tips on a couple of Japanese rock/hardrock/metal 70's-80's or new bands that you think should be on my project hardrockvideo.se (I have'nt enough posts to add url's yet.)
I have already Loudness on the site. So some other great band would be great.
Thanks
Mr. Kunuki

Great, I've listened to them now on the Tube and they will definately be on my site.
Keep more tip's coming. Maybe if I get alot of tips I'll make a Japanese playlist sektion.

Mr Kunuki

An interesting addition would be Animetal, a group formed by a number of solo artists in the heavy metal genre exclusively to play anime music. It was formed for fun but the members are outstanding players.

Because of the extraordinary objective of the group, the members get together for a short period of time and disband time and again.

Animetal plays Gatchaman

Do you have X Japan already? If not, it is the group not to be missed. It probably is the most well-known metal group in Japan, especially since then Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi announced that he's an X Japan fan.
X Japan on Wikipedia

A lot of their more famous songs are ballads, but they do show some hard stuff:
Dahlia by X Japan

Another old metal band is Seikima II (Two), or Seikimatsu:
Seikima II on Wiki
Seikima II plays Fire After Fire on YouTube

Animetal vocalist Eizo Sakamoto basically belongs to this group Anthem:
Anthem on Wiki
The Voices by Anthem

Forgot to add Sex Machineguns!
Sex Machineguns on Wiki
Tekken II by Sex Machineguns

Last edited:
Great response, I'm working on putting something together here with Japanese hard rock bands for the site hardrockvideo.se and it will be great after your input.

I'm working on the Japanese mix right now, found this great video with Seikima II (Jack the ripper)

youtube.com/watch?v=n441gF-sU-Y&feature=related

you have to add the "www" bit.

Hi again
Now there is a Japanese mix on the site with 39 videos with B'z, Animetal, Anthem and so on. Check it out if you want. :)
It's on the first page and I call it Playlist of the week. It will have it's own link next week.

Thank's for all the help making this playlist. I will add more videos if i find some more great Japanes rock/metal.

Sincerely
Kunuki
hardrockvideo.se

Last edited:
Redd Barron rockmetal

Redd Barron is an underground favorite with huge following.
someone has bootleg of one of their shows at youtube.
my favorite song is SAME OLD STORY
But the song ANOTHER BROKEN DREAM reminds me of 90's metal rock ballads:
I will await their plans to tour Japan in 2009. If anybody wants more details of my favorite band you can email me and I would also like to hear about your favorite bands too. Underground bands only is my favorite.
I will await their song Wings Of Honor. I know it will be good like the other songs.

And this band is a japanese band ???????

Redd Barron is an underground favorite with huge following.
someone has bootleg of one of their shows at youtube.
my favorite song is SAME OLD STORY
But the song ANOTHER BROKEN DREAM reminds me of 90's metal rock ballads:
I will await their plans to tour Japan in 2009. If anybody wants more details of my favorite band you can email me and I would also like to hear about your favorite bands too. Underground bands only is my favorite.
I will await their song Wings Of Honor. I know it will be good like the other songs.

This section is suspposed to be Japanese bands I believe? Isn't this band out of Florida?

Uncle Frank

:?

You might enjoy REBECCA. Great singer. Look up the song "Friends" and Raspberry Dream" on youtube.

Animetal vocalist Eizo Sakamoto basically belongs to this group Anthem:
Anthem is my favorite Japanese band, by far! Definitely a great recommendation! Although, 'Overload' (The album that the song 'Voices' is on) I think is their weakest album. And while Animetal's stuff is great, I think Sakamoto's work with Anthem is much stronger.

You might enjoy REBECCA. Great singer. Look up the song "Friends" and Raspberry Dream" on youtube.

REBECCA was hugely popular back in the 80s. The singer of the band NOKKO even released an album in the US (it didn't go anywhere, however...). Not a rock/metal band, though. The two other members from REBECCA formed their own group, Red Warriors, after REBECCA disbanded, and that band had a sound a little more hard-edged.

True they are not metal, I just saw Rock.. Gonna have to check out Red Warriors. Thanks for the info.

Barbee Boys:singer:

Anyone who loves barbee, here??? I miss them.

And... Vow Wow. Good 80's...
Vow Wow

Last edited:
Uh... X, Luna sea, Kuroyume... there must be more that branched off from them, not to mention they all had solo careers. no movie about jrock is complete without a bit on hide-sama's demise... T-T and ppl wept in the streets when yoshiki cut his hair... and then theres shonen knife. big in japan, japan, kiss were pretty big there despite their being not japanese bands and they definitely influenced the shape of modern jrock.
anyway yeah i would love to see the movie when you are finished!! Good luck!

oh, yeah, this song is like a must... this is the death of an era...😭

so totally represents the full range of their work... in so many ways x were teh greatest superband ever... like skin on steroids with good music XD 😎 X!!!!! (there should be a smiley for that!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom