Votes: 183 56.3%
  • will never workout

Votes: 13 4.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 77 23.7%
  • What are you talking about man?

Votes: 53 16.3%

• Total voters
Haha. My room is like that. My mum just spent ages helping me clean it. My mum isn't as ruthless as EH.

Thanks for that comment Obekia, and it is probably true that I will change my ideas, maybe when I do have kids, as my thoughts on my own religion are still unsure themselves.

I cant take out any of the electrical items in her bedroom, she has got to clean the entire room first, I dont dare step in her room in case I slip on her dirty clothes just left on top of her shiny laminate flooring...........

Hey give her some slack, at least the floor is clean ✌️

I cant really see my floor right now. i did some clothes shopping and the bags still cover it. In my defence ive not been home much these days and i have a small room 😌

Dont worry frosty, I do give her a bit of slack now and then, but I do have to keep her in check as she is asthmatic, doesnt always take her inhalers like she should and as we have three dogs, each room has to be hoovered at least twice a week due to dogs moulting.

Mind you I am taking her down to London on the 1st so she can see some band in concert, I think they are called Dir en grey..........

Kirie_Maiden said:
Any spirit that lingers is sent from Satan, therefore a person with the ability to contact spirits and talk to them continuously is doing Satans work. I don't understand it either, but it is what many Christians have said: Catholics, Mormons...

I am a Catholic and that is not what I believe about spirits. ☝
I'm not arguing whether it's 'true' or not (since we can't 'prove' either way, and this is not a thread about religion anyway :p) but just clarifying. 😌

maushan3 said:
So not being a Christian will get you to hell? People go to heaven or hell depending on how good or bad people they were, not regarding their beliefs. They could be atheist as far as I'm concerned, as long as they follow the global moral rules, like not stealing, you get the point, they'll be fine.

Religion, for me, should not be a consideration when choosing a life partner.

I agree with your first paragraph, but not with the second bit. :p
To explain myself more: I think that it's important when choosing a life partner, that you both have the same sense of what direction you are travelling in together, and that includes spiritual as well as material things. It does not matter if you do not have the same 'formal' religion or give the same 'label' to your beliefs, but I do think it's important that you share understanding on important points such as beliefs in certain aspects of spirituality, morality/ethics, etc.

As I have said, my partner does not have the same religion as me, but we share views on the things which are important to us; what matters is that we think the same way, not whether we give it the same label.

Mikawa Ossan said:
I was engaged to a Catholic person when I was decidedly atheist. It caused more problems than I like to say. Especially because she was adamant that any children we had should be baptized and raised Catholic and I was adamant that they not be.

A good example of how these things work (or not) in practice. It's important to agree on fundamental points (i.e. how children are to be raised) even if the religion is not the same. I can have a great relationship with a pagan, but I have never been able to relate in certain ways to atheists (I have many friends who are atheists :) but 'partner' relationship? no).

Kirie_Maiden said:
I only think religion is important in a long term relationships where children are an option. If it is a person that wants to force their beliefs on a child, then I wouldn't date them anyway. I have always believed that belifs are individual and children should develop their own when presented with a wide range of them. I would date somebody of any religion as long as they agreed not to brainwash our children with their own religion.

I understand that way of thinking and it makes me sad that a lot of people think you want to 'brainwash' your children because you want to teach them about your beliefs. :( As far as I am concerned, children are individuals and they grow older and think for themselves and have their own opinions – of course. Naturally, I want to teach my children my beliefs, because (obviously!) I believe they are true, 'right' beliefs. I'm fully aware that other people have different views – a whole range of views! – and disagree with me – and my children might grow to disagree with me, too. That's their right as thinking individuals. It's my intention to teach them not only what I believe, but why I believe it – and they can make their own decisions about what they choose to believe. I have no intention of 'making' my kids do, believe or think certain things. ☝ I would also, of course, teach them about the beliefs of other religions (and atheism), and, while I would explain the reasons I don't agree with those, my kids still have the freedom to think differently to me.

Sorry for the rant :sorry: I just get tired of hearing 'brainwashing' often. 😌

Kirie_Maiden said:
I wouldn't force it upon them but it would be presented as an option.

^ :) :p

I didn't mean it as brainwashing as such (although I did use that term). All I meant is that I wouldn't teach the beliefs as true because, even though they may be to me, I can understand that people will disagree. There is only one truth and not every religion can be correct so I would encourage my kids to find their own truth rather than follow mine. :)

Although I had a very good Christian upbringing, leaning more to the Roman Catholic church than C. of E, I will let my daughter make up here own mind about what faith she follows, unless she falls in with some of the far right evangelical Christian groups scattered around this country.

I agree with your first paragraph, but not with the second bit. :p
To explain myself more: I think that it's important when choosing a life partner, that you both have the same sense of what direction you are travelling in together, and that includes spiritual as well as material things. It does not matter if you do not have the same ツ'formal' religion or give the same ツ'label' to your beliefs, but I do think it's important that you share understanding on important points such as beliefs in certain aspects of spirituality, morality/ethics, etc.

Yes, that's what I mean, when I said 'Religion" I meant labeling. Of course I have to share the same point of view in life and whatnot with a life partner. A partner is meant to support the other in every aspect of life and share the same perspective on their goals.

Mauricio

I think any two people who love each other will still love each other irregardless of a poll. :)

I don`t think nothing is wrong with a Japanese Woman Or Guy Dating or Marring what the author calling White Guys Or White Girls As long as you love each other

My mother is Japanese and My Father is An American And they love each other no more differently than a couple of the same race!

I am the youngest of 4 Kids and we don't think anything or love them any differently of them we just see is our Parents! And just the same as Kids with parents of the same race!

I date Chinese Guys and i dated White Guys and dated Guys of other races!

Every Guy is the same on the inside and Every Woman Is the same on the inside! but only in a difference is The wrapper is different!

To me this is another Hang up we don`t need to worry about! The more Important Hang ups need to be worried about first! :angryfire

I agree with you. I think it's all personal preferences and the matter of who you fall in love with. There is no right answer to this. :)

I agree with also! it is a personal choice who you love or date!

It don't make a you any more or any less of a person who you love

The only thing that should count is that you love Him/Her and are very happy together :)

I wanted to wait 4 years before I came back to this thread.

I just recently celebrated my 2nd anniversary with my Japanese wife in June. So far no problems at all,and we are working very well together.

I don't think it's the color of the skin or anything physical that makes a relationship difficult, it's about being able to live with someone who may have a completely different outlook on life. I struggle with that sometimes. I love my husband but I do get frustrated with some of his "Japanese-ishness" However, that said, he has to deal with me and my "American-ness". (and my fear of earthquakes!) It's a decision you make knowing that you are different, and I know that I can't change his basic nature, and he knows that as well. Most times though, it's great fun and we do get to live in two really cool countries! :)

Amen to that Goldiegirl !! Especially the 'deal with' portion. That implies effort, determination, and above all things, love--in its fullest sense !!

No matter what nationality the female party is all men know that women are a pain in the rear. :LOL:

Now seriously I think goldie summed it up to a T and then MM finished it off very nicely. This thread im sure will still be active in years to come due to different opinions of different people. Yet as a whole its down to the individuals involved to decide if they love each other and b***ox to the rest of the worlds opinions, its not the rest of the world thats in love with their partner.

There aren't any differences. It is same misunderstanding in every marriage in the world.
After two years every marriage becames an obligation.

Would it be that way, nearly every marriage would be over after two years of marriage despite social stigma that it is 'wrong' in many first-world and liberal countries. Please do not make one particular case to every marriage on Earth.

Mauricio

There aren't any differences. It is same misunderstanding in every marriage in the world.
This really sounds like a nonsense statement. This kind of blanket statements usually are. Either Undone is a really dissapointed person or merely trying to provoke.

Personally, I have now been married to a japanese for nearly eight years. I don't find it a burden or obligation. We are a living proof that japanese girls and "white guys" are a perfect combination. Actually I believe that the people who click the answer: "will never workout" simply don't know what they are talking about!

Well if you force 2 together, it will probably work out more than a darker ra---*gets shot*

It so cute to see people who are in love walking on the street, kissing in the park etc...

if both person are happy then leave them, i think Japanese + white makes a good and nice and cute match.

like me, japanese + thailandese (she is browner then me) so it makes a good match.

on this forum there are a lot of people who are married or in love with japanese gals/boi's (girls/boys) im so happy for them because i never had really a japanese galfriend although i wished i had.

guess luck decides different to me, but im very happy with this gal im now with.

Back
Top Bottom