What's new

Japanese games

What's your favourite Japanese game?(can be English version)

• Pokemon Ruby, Saphirre

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Pokemon Gold, Silver, Crystal

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Pokemon Red, Blue, Greeen, Yellow

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Any other Pokemon Game

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Any digimon games

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Dragonball Z

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Other (specify below)

Votes: 37 60.7%

• Total voters
Thanks so much!_! Now I can finally beat the game._. Sorry I asked so many questions and stuff. But thanks for helping me out.

Okay._. But this was my 1st time getting stuck on a Pokemon game. o-o I doubt I'll get stuck again or at least I hope not. o_o

Gonna have to complain a little about this poll....generally MOST games are Japanese, I think you mean best game that's associated with an anime, or something, going by the poll?

Well my favourite game of all time is probably.....FFVII (yeah, it's a common choice but umm...BLEH!) and that's Japanese, so umm, yeah. o_o

Hmm, I liked pokemon yellow version, silver was just a little too much. :p ummm here's a list of the ones i like.
FF Tactics Advance
FF7
FF10
Kingdom Hearts
Seiken Densetsu 3
Sailor Moon Another Story

Ones I really want to play
Romance of the three kingdoms
Golden Sun
Suikoden series
Chrono Cross
FF8 (I need squall-y-ness! XD )

Ikaruga is sooo tough!! wicked game though!!

I really like Garou : Mark of the wolves and Gekka no Kenshi Final Edition on Dreamcast. 👏

Porl''

got to add another game : Ghouls and Ghosts on the megadrive!! I got the japanese version on saturday and was playing it most of yesterday again. I converted one of my megadrives so that it will play all region cartridges using Porl's Patented Conversion technique (tm). hehe 😄

Mr Deathy is right. Most games are japanese...you wouldn't think some where though.

Porl''

p.s. if anyone has a PAL (uk) megadrive and wants to know how to convert it to play japanese or US games without using a converter just holla.. ;)

i added the "other" option to the poll for those whod like to vote but not for the listed choices... better late than never. :p

@Porl
megadrive?

oh ok, i just use my dreamcast for that, it doubles as a SNES, NES, neo geo and atari too, all without requiring a mod.

Originally posted by jeisan
oh ok, i just use my dreamcast for that, it doubles as a SNES, NES, neo geo and atari too, all without requiring a mod.

how'd do you manage that? :confused: using a boot disk? Rom disks?

Porl''

yuh since the DC doesnt require a special disc, like the ps1/2 or xbox any disc will do you just need the right boot up discs most rom discs come with a boot up. but basicly you just need the right codecs and you can even get the thing to work as a media player.

COOL!! ;) I've never looked into doing that with my Dreamcast. I just got it chipped so i could play imports.

Do you just download the Roms then burn them to a CD yourself or are you buying them?

Porl''

download and burn, they are distributed as freeware, actually theres warnings at the startup that go something along the lines of "if you paid for this you got ripped off, find the person that sold it to you and get your money back!"

Originally posted by jeisan
download and burn, they are distributed as freeware, actually theres warnings at the startup that go something along the lines of "if you paid for this you got ripped off, find the person that sold it to you and get your money back!"

Are you talking about commercial roms? If that's what you have in mind, their distribution is totally illegal, unless you own the original cartridges/CDs. They are not considered freeware by any chance!

I voted "other". My favorite game at the this time would have to be Beatmania IIDX 7th Style. It's technically called a "DJ simulation" game, though I see it as "The friggin' best ever rythm game to grace the planet"... It's made by Bemani (the same people who make DDR), but it is MUCH better than DDR. (DDR is still awesome, though) At any rate, if you've never heard of it, download an emulator like BemaniaDX and a couple of songs and check it out!

Final Fantasy 2 for NES
the SD Gundam/Masked Rider/Ultraman/( I forgot) games
and a whole mess (that weren't translated) more that you would wonder how I beat them in the first place

I have only imported one Japanese game,thats Naruto 2 :D
Pretty cool game.Usually i dont import games because I cant read the text,and that sucks especially in rpg's :p

Back
Top Bottom