What's new

Japanese games

What's your favourite Japanese game?(can be English version)

• Pokemon Ruby, Saphirre

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Pokemon Gold, Silver, Crystal

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Pokemon Red, Blue, Greeen, Yellow

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Any other Pokemon Game

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Any digimon games

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Dragonball Z

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Other (specify below)

Votes: 37 60.7%

• Total voters
did anyone add the metal gear solid series?
the japanese version is always better then the american versions. why is it that they alway include more in the japanese then the american versions

also tokyo extreme racer series and initial D

None of the crap mentioned above.
Besides, since I don't have a console and certainly won't waste money for one, I'm limited to PC games 😌
The Japanese game in English I have tried and liked the most is Grandia 2 :haihai:

yea its called Super Hero Operations: Diadels Ambition (there is a similar one called Super Robot Wars as well)

evasuka said:
the SD Gundam/Masked Rider/Ultraman/( I forgot) games
and a whole mess (that weren't translated) more that you would wonder how I beat them in the first place

Dr32ift said:
did anyone add the metal gear solid series?
the japanese version is always better then the american versions. why is it that they alway include more in the japanese then the american versions

also tokyo extreme racer series and initial D
i think te metal gear solid series is fantastic
i also like the final fantasy series, however if u go by pure gaming time spent it has to be winning eleven 👍

erm, nothing against pokemon, but why the f*** are there no other games mentioned?
how about mario, metroid, DOA, tekken, YOU NAME IT!?
wait, who wrote this...?

well...im new here but what concens me...i love the Neo Geo video games and PC Engins, also the Street Fighter and Tekken series..

Fact: Arcade machine-games are my favorite..:)

I'm trapped between two classic games... Aleste: Fullmetal Fighter Elinore (AKA: M.U.S.H.A.), and Front Mission 2: Gun Hazard. Not a fan of Pokemon or Dragon Ball Z..

Right now I'm playing some of the old Starfi games, and Kurukurukururin (both old GBA titles). I like the Taiko no Tatsujin series quite a bit too (great for playing with friends), and I still enjoy playing FFXI every now and then.

Usually, when I think of "Japanese" videogames, though, I assume that someone is talking about a game that was never released outside of that region (ie. Starfi, Initial D., Yoshinoya, most of the Super Robot Taisen games, and so on).

jajaa, you monopolized the games of the poll to basically pokemon and "children stuff", which I also like, but not my favourite whatsoever. I would say Final Fantasy X ~International Version~ is my favourite game of all, but I would be cheating around. I don't have a favourite game of all. I sometimes can compare a simple RPG with a masterpiece, and that's because for me, RPG's are all different. I don't know how to explain this feeling, but it's like when I play Wild Arms, I try to feel like the main character, who loves his world, and he thinks he is living in the best place. So, when I play Dragon Quest or Chrono Trigger, I feel exactly the same. I love to get into the plot, even sometimes not understanding them because they're in Japanese, but I always try to figure out what they're feeling or saying. It sometimes you don't need to know Japanese to know what they're really saying from the deepest of their hearts. That's my opinnion about games.

Tenchu of course! Where else I can find so many rude Japanese and listening practice at all?

My all - time favourites are Dead Rising, Biohazard Remake, Dragon Quest VIII and Silent Hill 2, also love to play Onimusha Warlords.

I like Final Fantasy (all the games I know: IV, V, IIX, IX, X & X-2), The Legend of Zelda, We love Katamari/Katamari Damacy and Silent Hill 2 as well (but I can't play it alone... too scary).

The 2 most recent games I ordered from japan and played are "Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan" and "Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2".

Hello,
I like japanese games a lot and recently i purchased game cd of it from online shoppers auction, it has a nice collection of games.
Regards,
sarah_9

Currently, spending quite a bit of money on idolm@ster/idolm@ster l4u dlc's... like what they say, gotta make my lolis lolier.
most jp rpgs get NA/EU versions nowadays so I don't know if you wanna count that.
I'm a fan of tales (fave: destiny 2)/suiko (fave: suiko 3)/wild arms (fave: 2nd advance.. LILKA CHAAAAN) series... ace combat series as well.. fav would be ace combat 3 (japanese mind you, I need to talk to my girls before missions). .. tenchu (older ones)..oneechanbara. etc

oh, slayers royal 1/2, gatekeepers on psx, and the movie type: yaru dora series (esp kisetsu wo dakishimete.. double cast), and katte ni tenshi. endless list actually. (stuff of which school days is based on)

When younger, I'd play a lot of them renai's tokimeki 1-2/Noel 1-3/mitsumete knight/sakura taisen (semi renai)- the one you go around whacking on horse is nice though.. but kinda got bored of their merchandise in general... .. not to mention a lot PC renai's. *ahem* along with shining series.. kinda got bored of them.. despite loving tony taka's art.
Lastly.. probably the jp game i _wasted_ most of my life on, romance of the three kingdoms.. yes the slow turn based one...yes those lil armies bouncing off each other with numbers popping up.. oh that reminds me of langrisser too aa.... anyway rotk 4-11 cannot get enough... cannot get enough.. in fact where is my rotk on 360 or ps3?!?

Last edited:
just during the new year huh.. i would think tenka sousei will last you a few months.. have fun :)

Yeah, I really like Japanese games ;) Usually they are very creative and fun to play :) I like their online games too like nanaca crash... if you have a list of all the good japanese flash games, please let me know :)

Back
Top Bottom