What's new

Japanese Film Recommendations

Tokyo-K1

先輩
10 Oct 2005
Does anybody have any good recommendations for Japanese films?

I'm talking about the live action ones with actors and actresses, I'm already very well knowledged about anime so I don't need any help there.
But I don't know many live action films apart from Battle Royale and Ring, I've only seen Battle Royale. 😌

Any help? 🙂

I'd reccomend basically anything by Kurosawa, Seven Samurai, High and Low, Ikiru, Yojimbo. Also Tampopo, a weird, fun movie about food. A taxing Woman is great. Shall we dance is also very good.

Could try a few Takashi Miike films. Audition is probably one of his better known ones and very creepy. One of his I would recommend would be The Bird People In China, but you will have to go looking for it on the net, as it is not available in region 2. Be warned though, some of his films are strange and odd and he is known for violent films.
As Xerxes99 mentioned, you can't go wrong with a Kurosawa film. I would try Hidden Fortress as a first or Sanjuro, as they are more lighthearted than some of his other work. He was a great director though. Have a glance through the rest of this sub-fora. Some of the threads are about various films that other members have seen. One of them might peek your interest.
:)

7 samurai, Go, waterboys, bayside shakedown 1, ichi the killer, casshern, Azumi, depends what you like!!

Back
Top Bottom