What's new

Japanese eggs... you know... egg things

okaeri_man

Tadaima!
6 Sep 2003
i remember often seeing/eating those eggs that were... cooked... often served cold in a rectangular shape. does anyone know how you get the egg like that? you see them in those egg sushis as well.

i would love to make some of these weird eggs, but don't even know what they're called or how to explain them...
:sorry:

I believe it's called tamagoyaki. I think you mean the rolled omelet thing? Usually a special omelet pan is used. It's like a rectangular pan that kind of molds the eggs so it will keep it's shape as you roll it up. I don't have a special pan, but I can still manage to make it in a regular round pan. It does take practice, though... :p

Ok, found a link:

How to Make Tamagoyaki, a Japanese Rolled Omelet

Maybe okaeri_man meant boiled eggs with cube shape? Then you would need a certain kitchen device, as in the attachment.

Attachments

• Eiformer2_gr.jpg
    Eiformer2_gr.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 187
mmm.. that looks mad good... (the one in kirei's post.. the square eggs are just freaky >_<)
I'm not much for most of the sushi, but I could go for one of those any day of the week!

as Kirei has suggested, I think you refer to Tamago-yaki too, also called Japanese omelette. They are served with sushi too.

I had a thread here a while ago with the recipe: Recipe for Japanese omelette...tamago-yaki

It is one of the most easy Japanese dishes to prepare!!! ENJOY!!

Those square eggs look weird...

Those square eggs look freaky... :p

The tamagoyaki is really good. It's my favorite futomaki ingredient. ;-)

bossel said:
Maybe okaeri_man meant boiled eggs with cube shape? Then you would need a certain kitchen device, as in the attachment.

They look like something called "tamago-dofu" to me; it is tofu made with egg yolk. It is actually quite tasty.

tamagoyaki, yes that's it, i should of guessed that's what it was called! thanks everyone, i think i'll give it a go.

bossel said:
Cool, square eggs :D
Any idea where to get such a thing?

Just had a sandwich today in a Taiwanese version of a Japanese version of an English tea place (in America. Yeah.). It was a mix-sando type with thin pork cutlet, lettuce, tomato, some type of sauce, and tamago-yaki. I was trying to remember if I'd seen tamago-yaki in sandwiches in Japan, out of pointless curiosity, so if anyone remembers seeing that, let me know. :)

eggs

okaeri_man said:
i remember often seeing/eating those eggs that were... cooked... often served cold in a rectangular shape. does anyone know how you get the egg like that? you see them in those egg sushis as well.

i would love to make some of these weird eggs, but don't even know what they're called or how to explain them...
:sorry:
u mean the rectangle yellow tingys on rice?

Frank D. White said:
Japanese chickens had "square" butts??

Frank
:? :eek: 😊

HAHA... :D Chickens with square butts...and they only exist in Japan, since the square eggs are served in Japan? :D

square butts

Miss_apollo7 said:
HAHA... :D Chickens with square butts...and they only exist in Japan, since the square eggs are served in Japan? :D
i wonder if square butts taste better then usual ones (i dont eat asses btw)

アシピレン said:
Man I cannot wait to get there one day, all the food I will eat, I will have to work out twice as much.
ここのどこか

Oh, don't worry about that--you'll be fine if you do as much walking as I did when I was there. I ate everything I wanted and still lost weight. 👍

butts

Miss_apollo7 said:
I hope not... :D :D :D I don't think chicken butts are eatable....
chicken butts are edible ofcourse in the restraunt if anyting looks like a butt but ur not sure u smell it just in case cuz if u eat it theres still the smell of pooh

Frank D. White said:
Kentucky fried chicken lips & butts bucket is the best bargain around!!

Frank

😊
do chickens have lips????????? i only see them with beaks

ffrost_nova622 said:
do chickens have lips????????? i only see them with beaks

HAHHA :D :D So true frost nova....I don't think you can eat beeks....must be crunchy! :D EEK!

lips

Miss_apollo7 said:
HAHHA :D :D So true frost nova....I don't think you can eat beeks....must be crunchy! :D EEK!
hm why do they call it lips anyway? (man so hot in aus 😌 )
do they cut off thin layers of meat n make it into a lip shape?
anybody tasted chicken feet? i think its better then lips...

Back
Top Bottom