What's new

Japanese dream cars?

Iron Chef

Villain
Rest in Peace
26 Feb 2003
Anyone have a favorite Japanese exotic they like (sky's the limit)? If you do and have a pic, please post one here for the rest of us to adore. :cool:
:cool:

This one is of the Tommy Kaira Z2 taken from one of their showrooms in Japan (courtesy of a fellow streetracing.org member). Great car, although the color is a little too conspicuous for my tastes.

tommykairazz2(ii)01.jpg

Last edited:
This one is of a Supra (GT500 class). Not exactly what you'd call street-legal but it sure would be fun to tool around town with, heh. :cool:
:)

killahsupra500.jpg

Here's one of the 2001 Mitsuoka Orochi Concept. Again, just like the Kaira Z2, nice looking ride except for that gawd awful color, bleh. 8-p Image courtesy of fantasycars.com btw.

orochi_3.jpg

Ok ok... so while this one isn't technically Japanese (made in the USA) I had to throw the Saleen S7R in here as it's just too sweet not to pass up. 8-p

The frame is incredibly lightweight weighing in at just 2,200lbs and is powered by a 428 cubic inch 16 valve Ford V8 that's actually a bit dated (the engine might be the only area i'd question--I think it could handle more). Nevertheless, with a 0-60 time in the mid-high 3s, a top speed of 230+mph, and nearly 500hp (plus room for more (it has 7.0L), and the lowest curb weight around, it's definitely a contender. 8-p

2001 saleen szrx.jpg

I don't know much about cars, but I do know what I like... This one get's my mojo goin'!! 👍

fxs.jpg

Very nice :cool: I think that particular concept made its debut at the 35th Tokyo Motor Show (2001) if memory serves. If you're interested on a little background info, it's powered by a 300hp 4.3-liter V8 with a 6-speed manual tranny. The FXS features a perfect front-to-rear 50/50 weight ratio (very nice!) allowing for agile cornering abilities and sports 18-inch wheels housing double wishbones front and rear. The low-slung profile really is pretty sharp although i'm not sure whether I like the nose or not, heh. 8-p Here's a pic of the actual interior you might like and as you can see its pretty smooth. Images of the "Batmobile" come to mind, heh.
:D

toyota.fxs.int.jpg

Here's a great profile of the FXS from the rear. Very sleek lines. :cool:

fxs-rear.jpg

Originally posted by Iron Chef
Ok ok... so while this one isn't technically Japanese (made in the USA) I had to throw the Saleen S7R in here as it's just too sweet not to pass up. 8-p

The frame is incredibly lightweight weighing in at just 2,200lbs and is powered by a 428 cubic inch 16 valve Ford V8 that's actually a bit dated (the engine might be the only area i'd question--I think it could handle more). Nevertheless, with a 0-60 time in the mid-high 3s, a top speed of 230+mph, and nearly 500hp (plus room for more (it has 7.0L), and the lowest curb weight around, it's definitely a contender. 8-p

one of my good friend's parents are very very rich. they own an exotic car dealership just 15 mins north of where i live. they have one of the new saleen S7's....and i had the chance to see it, and ride in it. here is a picture of it:

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!

Saleens are just way too cool. :cool: I doubt I will ever get the chance to ride in one let alone see one (outside of a showroom of course). Oh well, one can always dream... Sweet sig btw. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom