What's new

Japanese and MS Access

dasch

後輩
8 Aug 2004
hi everyone !

It's been 3 days now that I'm battling with to have Japanese displayed (and PRINTED) right in MS Access and it just doesn't work ! :( So, I finally decided to ask here for some help :?

Here is my problem:
I try to print tables in which there are English and Japanese words. I found an access file on the Internet at the following address: Genkivocab.mdb. But each time I try to print the content of the tables, I have only the first character which appears right and the others are replaced by coded numbers instead of their Japanese counterparts :(
As I suppose I am not very clear, I did a pdf file of my printed output (see attachment). Remember that on the screen, I do see Japanese characters right but it's only when I try to print them that I have this strange mix-up. Ah, and this doesn't come from my printer because I do see this mix-up already when I do a "print preview". So, I suppose this come from my CJK viewer ???
I use NJWin 1.88 as CJK viewer. I also have the IME for Office XP but it doesn't seem to work in this particular case :(

Thanks in advance for any advice or solution for that very annoying problem :(

Dasch

Attachments

• test.pdf
    50 KB · Views: 109
hmm that's strange, it works fine with me :S Did you install Acces after the IME installation? I installed win Xp prof + the Japanese language support(IME n stuff) after that I installed MS Office and it worked out fine :) btw do you get the Japanese openings n stuff in OFFICE???

Did you install Acces after the IME installation?
Nope, I installed IME after Office XP... Should I re-install Office XP ?
BTW, I have Win2k Pro, not WinXP...

btw do you get the Japanese openings n stuff in OFFICE???
Well, strabge enough, I do have Japanese openings in Outlook and Word but not with MS Access !!! That's why I use NJwin, to see Japanese characters in Access :(

So, if I understand right, you guys had only to install Office XP and IME to see this file correctly ? Because I had to install also NJwin :(

Thanks for your replies !

Back
Top Bottom